Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: 2 Trips Cancelled Lead to the Ultimate Christmas Adventure!

We are hoping to visit USC next year, so thanks for the tip!

2. # ADS

Wow! I can't believe it - we get on a plane in 9 DAYS!!! We're looking forward to every single day of this trip. Time to amp up the Disney-movie-watching to get us in the mood!

How is your dog doing? Can he make the trip?

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    How is your dog doing? Can he make the trip?
    He's feeling better, but is still not cleared for travel. It looks like we'll be going without him.

Sorry he won't be accompanying you, but glad that he is feeling better.

FIVE DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE!!
    SIX DAYS UNTIL DISNEYLAND!!!!!!

This week will be very busy, so we decided to start packing today. It's been a while since I've flown anywhere - I forgot how hard it was to fit all of our stuff into one suitcase and one carry-on. (Since I'll be in my wheelchair and DD will be handling the baggage in LAX, we're trying to keep the bag count to a minimum.)

I ended up pulling out the dual-use space saver bags. I highly recommend these things! I'm not able to roll the air out, but if you have someone with you who has a lot of hand strength, it saves a TON of room! We're about 3/4 finished, with room to spare! Thank goodness for the washers/dryers at the resort!

I've made a backpack for the back of the scooter (to hold water and other random things), and a backpack for DD to carry things in the parks. They are lightweight and easy to flatten if we need to put them in the suitcase. I didn't quite finish the hats I wanted to make, but that's okay. According to AccuWeather, it will be BEAUTIFUL! We'll be happy to get out of the dreary, rainy weather of Southern Oregon.

On Monday I'll call DLE to arrange for our shuttle. We need to reserve because of the wheelchair.

Only one more thing....Why can't we leave NOW??

Hope you have a magical trip!! Your last day will be our first day in the parks!

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Thanks! I hope you do to!

In approximately 36 hours, we will be waking up to head for the airport! Everyone is officially jump-out-of-our-skin excited - even Mom!!

Unfortunately I have hit a little bump that I'm hoping won't get in the way of me getting on the plane. Yesterday was a very long day. It started with my last PT session of the year, then shopping, then laundry and house cleaning, and going over all of the details of the trip with Mom. By last night, I was really sick to my stomach. I spent half of the night dealing with that, and woke up to the first horrendous migrane I've had in years. I'm still pretty shaky, but hopefully the worst is behind me this time. I'm so glad we have already packed most everything so I can lay low until we leave. Tomorrow I have to go in to get my port flushed, but that's it. My entire focus is on being healthy enough to travel!

SO, my only priority for the rest of today and most of tomorrow is to sleep as much as I can and hope this shaky feeling will pass. With so many wonderful things planned, I REALLY don't want to cancel or postpone. Wish me luck!!

Feel better! Being sick sucks, but it might just be nerves. Laying low and drinking lots of water helps. I am so happy for you. I have a trip to plan now too! I am going on the Disney Fantasy next November. I will do a Pre Trip Report too. Then everyone can help me plan and get excited just like yours! I am really looking forward t hearing all about your experience at MOT! Hugs!

Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    Feel better! Being sick sucks, but it might just be nerves. Laying low and drinking lots of water helps. I am so happy for you. I have a trip to plan now too! I am going on the Disney Fantasy next November. I will do a Pre Trip Report too. Then everyone can help me plan and get excited just like yours! I am really looking forward t hearing all about your experience at MOT! Hugs!
    Thanks for the good wishes!! I hope it's just nerves. It's taken two years to finally follow through on a trip, and with the new stuff going on health wise, I've been concerned it would ruin the trip. I'm hoping for a big dose of Disney magic!! This time I'll follow through and write a trip report - I promise :-)

Your trip sounds exciting!! I've never been on a cruise, so I'd love to hear all about it!

<<HUGS>>

Quote Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
    Thanks for the good wishes!! I hope it's just nerves. It's taken two years to finally follow through on a trip, and with the new stuff going on health wise, I've been concerned it would ruin the trip. I'm hoping for a big dose of Disney magic!! This time I'll follow through and write a trip report - I promise :-)

Your trip sounds exciting!! I've never been on a cruise, so I'd love to hear all about it!

<<HUGS>>
    Sending Disney Magic, Good thoughts and prayers your way for a completely healthy happy uneventful trip! Planning is almost as fun as being there and with so much info online, how can we not get excited?I am going to hold you to that promise! I hope you get to meet some padders while you are there! I have been on 2 cruises (not Disney. But it has been so long ('94 and '99) that it's like being a first time cruiser again!
    Siggy aka Jill

So sorry to hear about the migraine. Yuck, I hate those. What with all the stress from trip planning and last minute details, this one was probably just getting itself out of your system before your trip. Just keep telling yourself (like I know you already are doing) that you are almost, almost there!

I have dealt with chemo, ports, port flushes, ect...... I'm all done with it now but at the time when I wasn't feeling great gatorade worked wonders. I will be thinking of you and hope you are feeling good for your trip.

Can't wait to read your report when you get back.

Don't know if you are checking this thread while on your trip, but if you are, hope that all is going well and that you, DM, and DD are having a magical time!

Thanks letshavefun and tea4two! We're back! It was a wonderful trip! We had a few challenges, but they didn't stop us from having a memory filled trip. I was going to start the TR tonight, but I'm still pretty worn out. I should start tomorrow if I get my camera back from mom (it ended up in the wrong suitcase). Stay tuned

I just started our trip report!!!! It can be found at: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/show...56#post1772856. I hope you'll join in!