Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: How much is put on credit card when making ADR's?

How much is put on credit card when making ADR's?

I have been put in charge of making our ADR's for out Sept. trip to WDW. March 24th is our 180 day out, to make them. I think I read somewhere where you have to give a credit card # in order to make ADR's at a lot of the restaurants. We want to go to Chef Mickey's, 'Ohana's, Fulton's Crabhouse & Sci-Fi Dine-In. Are any of these restaurants ones that need a credit card to make the ADR? If so, how much is the charge? We will be a party of 6, 5 adults & 1 4-year old.
    You guys are amazing with the amount of knowledge you have, about all things WDW. I know someone will be able to answer my questions.

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They are not going to charge you when you make the ADR's.
    However, some places will charge you $10 per person if you cancel less than 24 hours in advance or just dont show up.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Thanks, GusMan. I knew someone would know. That puts my mind at ease.

Of the ones you listed Chef Mickey's and 'Ohanas will require a cc hold. Not sure about Fulton's.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Does it make any difference if we are on the DDP? Because we won't be paying with a credit card.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No, it doesnt. Even if you are on the DDP, you can still get penalized for a no show or late cancellations.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

The only difference in the dining plan is that you don't have to prepay for Cinderellas royal table and the dinner shows (hoop dee doo, luau).

There is a tick box if you book on line where you show you want to use dining credits. They still take a CC reservation for restaurants that have a cancellation policy but you only pay of you don't show or don't cancel in the time frame. Dinner shows will take all your money in advance, but I've rehearsed that elsewhere!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)