Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CHOC Walk 2012 - Sunday, October 14, 2012

Thank you, have a great weekend.

2. # ADS

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sadly, I don't think participating this year is going to happen for me. Life is just too crazy right now in this house. But, I would like to sponsor a walker or two. I seriously wanted a shirt so I'm bumming big time.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Sadly, I don't think participating this year is going to happen for me. Life is just too crazy right now in this house. But, I would like to sponsor a walker or two. I seriously wanted a shirt so I'm bumming big time.
    Do you still get the shirt if you sign up as a non-walker? If not, can you sign up as a walker and have AVP pick up your packet and just save it for you for a different get-together or give it to someone who is walking who can get it to you? Sorry you can't come this year in person.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post

One of the best things about walking with Team MousePlanet is that we handle check in for our walkers! Instead of making you drive to Irvine the week before the race to collect your wristband and t-shirt, we do that for you. You only have to meet us in Downtown Disney the morning of the walk to collect your goodies, and then head right into Disneyland to start the walk.
    My friend and I are now registered with Team MousePlanet. Is there anything else we need top do - or can we sit back and just show up on 10/14? I've been in a bit of a haze the past month, so I don't recall if the sign-up asked my t-shirt size preferences or if that is something I still need to tell someone.

Blog Entries

CHOC Walk 2012 - Sunday, October 14, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    Do you still get the shirt if you sign up as a non-walker? If not, can you sign up as a walker and have AVP pick up your packet and just save it for you for a different get-together or give it to someone who is walking who can get it to you? Sorry you can't come this year in person.
    I have no idea. Maybe AVP can advise me.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    My friend and I are now registered with Team MousePlanet. Is there anything else we need top do - or can we sit back and just show up on 10/14?
    E-mail will go out tomorrow, but there's really nothing more you need to do but show up!

I have no idea. Maybe AVP can advise me.
    Yes! If you register and meet the $50 minimum but don't make it to the walk, I'll send your shirt to you the following week. There's another walker in the same situation this year.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Yes! If you register and meet the $50 minimum but don't make it to the walk, I'll send your shirt to you the following week. There's another walker in the same situation this year.

AVP
    Perfect! I'll register myself so I can get a shirt and I'll help out another walker, too.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Perfect! I'll register myself so I can get a shirt and I'll help out another walker, too.
    Yeah! We have a few walkers who need a boost to get over their goal, and I'm sure they could use the help.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Sadly, I don't think participating this year is going to happen for me...
    Sorry to hear this! We were hoping to get to see you again. Maybe next time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Sorry to hear this! We were hoping to get to see you again. Maybe next time.
    I know, I know. I'm registered and I think I'm just going to play it by ear. If I can sneak away alone for a few hours, I might still do it, but it will be a last minute decision.

My girls and I want to sign up with the group for the walk, but they are asking me if there is a way for me to get the shirts before the day of walk. They (teenagers) want to decorate their shirts before they wear them that day. Should I just register after the 5th deadline and pick them up myself from Irvine Kia or can I make arrangements to pick up the shirts from you before the 14th?

E-mail will go out tomorrow, but there's really nothing more you need to do but show up!... AVP
    Has today's email gone out yet? Just checked, but my inbox is empty.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rivermary View Post
    My girls and I want to sign up with the group for the walk, but they are asking me if there is a way for me to get the shirts before the day of walk.
    Absolutely! I'll have the shirts at my store in Orange, and you can swing by there and pick them up anytime during business hours. Drop me an e-mail [ avp at mouseplanet dot com ] and I can give you more details. Alternately, e-mail me your names and I can exclude you from the group I pick up if going to Irvine is faster for you than Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Has today's email gone out yet? Just checked, but my inbox is empty.
    Actually, e-mails went out last night... double check your spam filter? I KNOW they went out because people have replied to me. If you didn't get it, please e-mail me and I'll forward it to you.

AVP

I was able to sign all three of us early this morning (the 5th) I would like to pick the shirts up from you in Orange. i live in Riverside so Orange is a bit closer, I will contact youon Friday thru the email that you listed. Let me know if we were too late with registering for you to pick up our wristbands and shirts. (we were at the Verizon event in Carsland till late)

I did have trouble with my sign up, but finally got the processing page - I will have to check to make sure I am not signed up three times. Our last name is Lindsay, and we are listed on the group

Last edited by rivermary; 10-05-2012 at 12:59 AM. Reason: left of last name

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rivermary View Post
    I was able to sign all three of us early this morning (the 5th) I would like to pick the shirts up from you in Orange. i live in Riverside so Orange is a bit closer, I will contact youon Friday thru the email that you listed. Let me know if we were too late with registering for you to pick up our wristbands and shirts. (we were at the Verizon event in Carsland till late)

I did have trouble with my sign up, but finally got the processing page - I will have to check to make sure I am not signed up three times. Our last name is Lindsay, and we are listed on the group
    Gotcha! You just have to be sure to meet your $50 minimum goals before I can check you in.

AVP

I posted all the donations we havecollected so far, so we are all at 50 or more. Thanks for all you help!!!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Team MousePlanet is checked in for CHOC Walk, with 51 of our 58 walkers having met their $50 minimum, and a total of $5,429.21 raised as of this moment!!!

I am busily bundling up t-shirts for Sunday morning. If you're walking, check your e-mail tonight for final instructions.

See you Sunday!

Adrienne

Does anyone have any opinions on whether it is worth lining up early for the opening ceremonies (I don't even know who Caroline Sunshine is!) or whether it is better to wait to walk with the group? Just wondering. As first timers, we're up for either option.

The opening ceremony consists of Disneyland President George K and the president of CHOC Foundation welcoming us. The ambassador will be introduced. There are balloons, confetti and characters dancing and singing. If none of that floats your boat the ceremony isn't necessary but it is fun and gets you pumped up for the walk. It would be great to be walking with the group and hold up the MousePlanet banner as they will introduce us as we walk by. Welcome to the team! We'll have a great time!

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~~Marcus Aurelius

Thanks, Maus! See you on Sunday!