Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tower of Terror Race Returning in 2012

Tower of Terror Race Returning in 2012

The big announcement this morning was the return of the Tower of Terror themed race in 2012. This time it will be a 10 mile race, but the course will be similar to the old ToT 13K. The race date is September 29, 2012, and registration is set to open February 14.

The addition of this race pushes the Wine & Dine race date to the end of Food & Wine, on November 10.

2. # ADS

More details have been released. Initial cost for the 10 mile race is $90 if registered before March 27. The event will also feature a Disney Villains party at Hollywood Studios after the race.

Reminder that registration opens on Tuesday. Is anyone else considering doing this race? I'm thinking it might be a nice combo with the Epcot 30th anniversary on October 1, but who knows if there will actually be any festivities.

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Reminder that registration opens on Tuesday. Is anyone else considering doing this race? I'm thinking it might be a nice combo with the Epcot 30th anniversary on October 1, but who knows if there will actually be any festivities.
    I'm not, but I'll be interested to see how the first time goes. If they do it next year I'd consider it.
    --
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

Registration is now open. I was hoping they might have a course map up. I'm going to wait and see how fast it fills before signing up.

The race is now at 82% capacity. Entry fees are at tier 2 on the scale, so it is now $105 to register. Prices go up again May 23 if the race doesn't sell out first.

runDisney has released an image of the new medal for the race. It is a lot like the original medal, but they've added glow-in-the-dark paint details. Pretty neat!

As of Friday the race is now 87% full.

I'm signed up! Who's going to join me? You can make it a long weekend and stay for EPCOT's 30th anniversary on Monday, October 1!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As of Friday the race is now 87% full.

I'm signed up! Who's going to join me? You can make it a long weekend and stay for EPCOT's 30th anniversary on Monday, October 1!
    And the start of the F&W Fest!!!

(Sorry, I won't be joining you - it's too early in the fall for me to consistently get my distance training in)
    Cathy

Blog Entries

94% full!
    I wouldn't wait any longer if you want to do this one!!!

Cathy

Now at 97%. Come on, you know you want to do it!

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar
    I kind of do except for the whole "flying to Florida" part.
    --
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

Wish Upon A Star Mommy2NicknMax's Avatar
    I'm in!!!!! Dang that Premier AP!!!

The big sell to me is Epcot's 30th. I was there last year for MK's 40th. I don't expect anything for Epcot's 30th but it will be nice to say I was there. Cathy, nice call about F&W too! Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2NicknMax View Post
    I'm in!!!!! Dang that Premier AP!!!

The big sell to me is Epcot's 30th. I was there last year for MK's 40th. I don't expect anything for Epcot's 30th but it will be nice to say I was there. Cathy, nice call about F&W too! Yum!
    Woo! Maybe we can coordinate a meetup for the 30th, or for some citrus swirls.

I registered and booked a room at All Star Sports. This will be my first WDW run outside of Marathon weekend in January. I'm excited for Wine and Dine and being there for Epcot's 30th!

The race is now sold out, but runDisney has said they will start a waiting list for people who missed out.

So what's everyone going to wear? Is anyone doing a costume? I think I'm going to, but I have to decide what!

Anyone else sign up for the D23 Epcot 30 event on the 30th? It's going to be a busy weekend!!! I will need plenty of coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2NicknMax View Post
    Anyone else sign up for the D23 Epcot 30 event on the 30th? It's going to be a busy weekend!!! I will need plenty of coffee
    Yep, there's a thread in Business of Magic. I didn't get World Key like I wanted though.

Runners: Waivers are up for the race! Go here to download and print yours.

I'm bib #3007!

My bib number is 7955.

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." --Hoban "Wash" Washburne

My bib is 2053 which puts me in Corral A for the first (and likely only) time ever!!!! LOL
    I also just registered for the 5K after seeing how adorable the "medal" is. I can't wait for the races and for Epcot's 30th and F&W! Gonna be a fun trip for sure!

Wow, congrats on your corral placement! I'm in Corral B.

The program guide and final race instructions are available for the 10 Miler.

Some items of note from the final instructions:

• Bag check items will be transferred to DHS for pick up at the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular area. If you plan to stay for the post-race party, I highly recommend checking a change of clothes**. Which brings us to...
    • Changing tents! Huzzah, no more changing in bathroom stalls! These will also be near the stunt show.
    • Runners should be in their corrals by 9:15 PM. Wheelchairs start at 9:55 PM and Corral A starts at 10 PM.
    • If you are not staying at a host hotel, you will park at ESPN Wide World of Sports, NOT at DHS. Parking is free for runners and spectators, but you must board shuttle buses from there by 8 PM in order to reach the starting area in time. Arrive as early as you can to avoid delays.

**Don't forget to bring an ID and some cash for the party, also.

Blog Entries

I'm hoping having the car parking at ESPN WWoS will save the total traffic nightmare that was the first TOT race!

And yea for changing tents!!! I hope they're doing that for Wine & Dine, too!

Cathy

Current race night weather forecast:

Saturday Night
    Accuweather
    Low 67
    RealFeel 66
    Precipitation 11%

The Weather Channel
    Low 70
    Precipitation 10%
    Humidity 84%

Blog Entries

I know around here, you don't hit the nightly lows until about 4 or 5 am -- so it likely won't be that cool at race time!

Cathy