Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CHOC Walk 2012 - Sunday, October 14, 2012

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

CHOC Walk 2012 - Sunday, October 14, 2012

Team MousePlanet will be back for our fifth year at the CHOC Walk in the Park, benefiting Children's Hospital Orange County. Thanks to the efforts and generosity of our readers, Team MousePlanet has raised over $27,000 for CHOC since 2008.

One of the best things about walking with Team MousePlanet is that we handle check in for our walkers! Instead of making you drive to Irvine the week before the race to collect your wristband and t-shirt, we do that for you. You only have to meet us in Downtown Disney the morning of the walk to collect your goodies, and then head right into Disneyland to start the walk.

The 2012 race is Sunday, October 14 at the Disneyland Resort. Team registration begins May 16, and I'll have instructions for how to join our team shortly thereafter.

Are you ready to CHOC Walk with Team MousePlanet?

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think I'm going to do it this year! I'll be done with all of my 2012 half marathons, so this will be something fun and simple.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

I really want to do this with my daughter. I have never done a walk at Disney so I don't know what I need to do. I see registration begins May 16th is that something I can do here on MousePlanet? Does it fill up fast? How much does it cost? I read on the Choc walk website each walker needs at least a $50.00 donation. Any other info would be great.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by letshavefun View Post
    I really want to do this with my daughter. I have never done a walk at Disney so I don't know what I need to do. I see registration begins May 16th is that something I can do here on MousePlanet? Does it fill up fast? How much does it cost? I read on the Choc walk website each walker needs at least a $50.00 donation. Any other info would be great.
    Registration will open on May 16th, but I need to register our team first before we can register individual members. It has not sold out in the last several years, so don't worry about that. As soon as we have the team registration page set up, I'll post additional instructions on how to register and join our team.

Each walker needs to raise at least $50 by the event day, but you do not need to make that donation to sign up - you can simply sign up and start raising money towards the $50 minimum. They used to make walkers donate the $50 up front, but the new system works so much better for people who can't afford to make the entire donation themselves.

Feel free to post any other questions you have.

Adrienne

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Thanks so much I will watch for registration to open and any further info you post. I might have more questions later.

Is this where you will post info on how to register?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Is this where you will post info on how to register?
    Yep! Unfortunately it looks like CHOC's website registration is delayed - I'm hoping to learn tomorrow when they now plan to open registration.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Team registration just opened - give me an hour to get us up and running, and I'll post the link!

ETA: the CHOC Walk web site is being hammered right now. I have the team page running, but it's not pretty yet. IF you can reach it you can register:

www.chocwalk.net/mouseplanet

I don't promise it will work right now, but give it a try. Just click "Join Our Team" to register. Remember, you do not need to pay anything to register, you just have to raise $50 by the day of the event.

AVP

Last edited by AVP; 05-31-2012 at 04:26 PM.

The site looks great just registrated my daughter and myself.

Just give me one more day at Disney magicalmoments's Avatar

Just finished registering and editing my page to share with my friends and family

Cristabel

When do we need to have our $50 in by?

Sorry I just found it Oct. 5th.

When is the deadline to register for Team MP? Thanks, AVP!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    For MY purposes, October 5th. You can register after that, but then you're on your own to go to Irvine and get your shirt and wristband.

One of the best things about walking with Team MousePlanet is that we handle check in for our walkers! Instead of making you drive to Irvine the week before the race to collect your wristband and t-shirt, we do that for you if you meet your $50 fundraising goal by October 5th. Then you can meet us in Downtown Disney the morning of the walk to collect your goodies, and then head right into Disneyland to start the walk.
    For those of you who have walked before, this deadline is to avoid the t-shirt problems we've had the last two years. I've waited until the last day of sign in to give our team members as much time as possible to get their money in, but that has meant some members didn't get the size t-shirt they requested. CHOC ran out of some sizes the FIRST DAY of sign in last year; by the time I went to check us in we were lucky to get shirts at all, forget about sizes.

This year I will be there when they open the doors the first day (I have two teams to check in, one expects to have 100 walkers), so I've set the same deadline for both teams so we don't have ANY problems with sizes for either team.

AVP

Thanks for the answer, AVP!

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    I hope this means you'll be there, it would be fun meeting you.

Hi Everyone!
    I am considering joining the walk, along with my Mother. Before I jump in feet first, would someone please give me an idea of the path the walk takes? I am trying to get a feel for how far it is in terms of a day at Disneyland.

Thanks!

I love all the new updates on facebook, very exciting seems like it is getting close.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just tried to register, but it appears that the site is currently unavailable. I'll try back later.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    I just tried to register, but it appears that the site is currently unavailable. I'll try back later.
    Oh nohs! Let me know if you have any problems - I think team captains can force entries from our console.

AVP

I just made my $50 donation in my name, I got an email confirmation but it is not showing up on the CHOC website. It still shows $0 next to my name. Did I donate in the wrong place and if so is it possible to fix it so I have my donation? Or maybe it takes awhile to show up. I don't want to do my daughters donation until I figure this out.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    I just made my $50 donation in my name, I got an email confirmation but it is not showing up on the CHOC website. It still shows $0 next to my name. Did I donate in the wrong place and if so is it possible to fix it so I have my donation? Or maybe it takes awhile to show up. I don't want to do my daughters donation until I figure this out.
    It should be instant, so something is wrong. Contact CHOC tomorrow by e-mail and see if they can figure out where it went.

AVP

I hope this means you'll be there, it would be fun meeting you.
    Mr. Tea and I just registered! Looking forward to meeting you, too.

Yay tea4two this is going to be so fun.

Just want to say I already got a response from CHOC and they fixed whatever I did wrong. Now I will try to donate for my daughter hope I get this one right

As it gets closer to walk time will we be getting some details about where to meet up and such. Sorry I'm new and not really sure what to expect. Also can we take a back pack with us? I'm not sure if security will be open so early.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    As it gets closer to walk time will we be getting some details about where to meet up and such. Sorry I'm new and not really sure what to expect. Also can we take a back pack with us? I'm not sure if security will be open so early.
    Yep! Newsletter will go out after MouseAdventure - this weekend's just a bear for me.

You can bring a backpack - back check is open.

AVP