Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Tim Burton's Dark Shadows trailer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tim Burton's Dark Shadows trailer

UGH! This is awful! As a fan of the original (1966-1971) I was so looking forward to this. I could even accept this remake as a comedy BUT THIS ISN'T EVEN GOOD CAMP! I'm saving my $$$ to buy the original on DVD. Are there any DS fans who are impressed by the trailer???

See now I'm just the opposite. I'm a HUGE fan of both the original and the re-boot and am soooo looking forward to this. It being Tim Burton I know what I'm getting into and LOVE the campy-ness of the trailer. Other fans I've talked to are just as excited as I am.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Hmm...that's a good question. I got hooked on the original Dark Shadows as a child when we spent the summer with my aunt, who was a fan. When we got home, we weren't allowed to watch because my stepfather said a co-worker's wife was driven insane by the show. (He really said that.) So, good kids that we were, we watched it with one kid posted by the window in case Dad got home before it was over. I still remember being incredibly frightened at a scene where pirates rose from their graves, and didn't even realize how campy the show was until I watched it again in re-runs in the 80s. I've started watching again on Netflix.

That said...I'm not sure what to think of the Burton version. As much as I love Depp, I kept thinking his Barnabas seems like a spoof combining Jack Sparrow and Michael Jackson. I wasn't left thinking, "I can't wait!" However, I thought a Brady Bunch movie was the stupidest idea I'd ever heard, and I thought the film ended up being really funny. I was initially creeped out when I saw trailers for "Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Corpse Bride," but came to love both films. Since it's Tim Burton, I have great hope that it will work. We'll see it in the theater.

To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

I guess I thought the reboot was gonna take the story seriously. The trailer reminded me of that George Hamilton film, Love At First Bite. As of now, I'm kinda disappointed, but I'd like to read reviews of the film by fans of the series.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    I guess I thought the reboot was gonna take the story seriously. The trailer reminded me of that George Hamilton film, Love At First Bite. As of now, I'm kinda disappointed, but I'd like to read reviews of the film by fans of the series.
    Actually, I loved "Love at First Bite". Nobody says you have have to take a movie seriously, only for what it is. That being said, May 11, I'm already standing in line for Tim Burton's Dark Shadows. This one is right up my alley. I didn't see the link for the trailer. Here it is....enjoy

http://youtu.be/wpWvkFlyl4M
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time.

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

105000 page views and counting

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

kewl trailer... its camp-tastic.