Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Forum Not Cooperating in Firefox

Blog Entries

Forum Not Cooperating in Firefox

The forum is suddenly being weird for me. When I'm in a thread, I have been clicking the links (Forum --> Community Center --> Administration ... or whatever is relevant to the thread I'm in) - but those links are suddenly not "live" for me in Firefox. I also can't get my cursor to register in the box for creating this thread's title. I can't click within the box -- but I also can't post this (in Firefox) without creating a title. Guess I'll cut & paste into IE. *sigh*

Things seem to be working in IE, so it looks like something is wonky with Firefox. Is anyone else having this problem?

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

2. # ADS

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

We haven't changed anything recently. Try the usual: log out and back in, restart the browser, etc.

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

Blog Entries

Did those things - still wonky. Now it's not even showing posts on the right-hand side of the screen (where the list of threads is).

Perhaps I'll reboot the whole darn computer & see if that helps.

ETA: Rebooted & it's still wonky. Hmph.

Last edited by shna; 03-16-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Nope - it never ends.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My IE is wonky looking too -- on the main screen where you can see all the forums - nothing on the right side of the 'grid' area. I was going to try the reboot things - but thought I'd add that before I do.

Hmmm, when I switched to the green skin, it looked normal. But when I went back to the blue skin, it was wonky again.

Cathy

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

When I said we haven't changed anything recently, I was operating under incomplete information. Turns out we recently upgraded the vbulletin version. So there might be some rough spots until things settle down.

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

I am Root. Bow before me!
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

The problem with the homepage was a template bug with the MousePad Blue & Grey templates. The Green template was not affected. That problem should now be resolved.

The breadcrumb links issue with the Blue template is a problem with Firefox specifically. It does not occur with Chrome or IE. We don't have a solution at this time, but will keep researching it.

Never argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    I will believe it is a crisis when the people claiming it is a crisis start acting like it is a crisis.
    I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Using Chrome with Blue/Grey Templates:

When I'm reading a thread in a forum, at the top of the page is the tree of links back - for example this one is

Forum >>> Community Center >>> Administration >>> Forum Not Cooperating in Firefox.

The first three would be red and would be links. But those links are not working now - they're just words.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

I am Root. Bow before me!
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Using Chrome with Blue/Grey Templates:

When I'm reading a thread in a forum, at the top of the page is the tree of links back - for example this one is

Forum >>> Community Center >>> Administration >>> Forum Not Cooperating in Firefox.

The first three would be red and would be links. But those links are not working now - they're just words.
    Yes, that is is breadcrumb issue. The links are there in the HTML, but for some reason they are not always clickable.
    Never argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    I will believe it is a crisis when the people claiming it is a crisis start acting like it is a crisis.
    I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm having problems with my PM's and emails and sending them out. Also, my inbox looks strange...it's dropping down really far.

Stephanie

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In blue, IE - I can't see the New Posts - PMs - FAQ - Calendar... etc items across the top. I CAN see them in green. So it's not just a firefox issue, I don't think.

Cathy

Green works, Blue don't.

Blog Entries

Grey works... I thought I was losing my mind...

Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries

It's still not working properly for me in Blue, but it seems to be working in Green. It works in Grey, too -- but I find the Green far more visually appealing.

Nope - it never ends.

From what I can tell digging through your HTML and CSS code, there's a problem with how it's displaying the NAVBAR. If you open the blue template in Chrome and inspect the "element" between the breadcrumb links and the main navigation (Forums, Blog, etc.), you'll see that the standard navbar is covering that area. If you delete the corresponding floatcontainer UL element for that nav bar that contains the line items for new posts, private messages, etc., the links all become clickable. This is also evidenced by the fact that when that navbar container is present, you can select the entire container. Just in case you guys hadn't figured that bit out yet!

I'm sure you guys have figured it out already, but in case you haven't had a chance, here's my quick analysis:

I see four major issues with the navbar CSS. First, the height does not appear to ever be set, except for an "auto" tag in the popupbody class. Thus, the navbar's floatcontainer styled UL item is getting a computed height of 352px. Second, the positioning of the navbar is incorrect. It is currently set to be 30 pixels from the bottom of the FORUM button. For the Blue template, that's about 100 pixels off. It should be closer to 130 pixels. Also, the way you have it ordered, it is actually hidden by other code. Currently, the UL is inside the "li" with selected class. It should be taken out above this line item. Lastly, the color inside the ".navbar a" class style is set to white. Obviously this is incorrect, since the background is near white. If you set it to #4E4E4E, the same color as the links on the right side of the nav area, and everything becomes visible. After making these four modifications, the template works fine (I have verified using Chrome's style editor).

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Green fixed everything for me! I'll miss you blue. LOL!!!

Stephanie