Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: D23 Fanniversary Event

D23 Fanniversary Event

Is anyone else having trouble accessing this event? First I did get on the D23 site, then their server crashed, then the page came back with the ticketing link, then the ticketing page crashed, and now???? This is so frustrating!

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble accessing this event? First I did get on the D23 site, then their server crashed, then the page came back with the ticketing link, then the ticketing page crashed, and now???? This is so frustrating!
    D23 has posted a few updates to Twitter that there's been a problem with the system. Ticket sales have currently been suspended, but they'll give notice when they know when sales will resume.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i can't go (will be travelling for business) but I just can't understand why time and again Disney has an issue. They obviously don't think its important to fix the online ticketing processes for their events otherwise they'd fix it. I can only assume that since they know they have a high demand product no matter what - especially for events that have some limited space - they can just do without. Or - it could be the old adage (like fire prevention) why spend the money when its not a problem - meaning after the event registration. Mind boggling to say the least.

Now - if this same system were used to pay out bonuses to Execs at Disney then you'd know it would be first on the list to fix.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

I despise TicketMaster but wouldn't complain if Disney outsourced their event ticket sales to them. At least TM's servers don't crash EVERY. SINGLE. TIME something goes on sale.

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

D23 just posted to Facebook and Twitter that ticket sales for members will resume today at 2pm PST.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Just got my tickets. Things seem to be working smoothly.

What I don't understand is the use of Pacific Standard Time. When I tried to log in between 10am and 11 am PDT, I got the error message that event sales had not started.

Eek! That's odd! I didn't get that message!

Hi btd,
    When I got on first thing at 10 am, I got the message saying, "502 Bad Gateway" with a blank page!!

I tried it a couple of more times and it finally let me get thru and get our tix for the LA event at 8 pm.

I know there were a lot of D23 Sorcerer Package friends and others on FB that had problems all day long, to where they put up a message saying they'd be selling tix again at 2 pm.

Once they opened back up, one friend from San Fran was only able to be put on a waiting list for that event! I hope she hears back from them that she has tickets soon!

We really enjoy going to the events, especially the "Off the Map" event, but the stress I go thru every time I have to get tix for us, I could definitely live without!!

Were you able to get a ticket eventually, Mike?

Karen W2

Hi Karen,
    I finally realized that i was going to be out of town for this event, so no ticket! I was really sad when I realized that the date for Destination D conflicted with one of the Hmk artists signing. I hope that they push the Destination D event back to a later date like early October.

Mike

Smile Which signing?

Hi Mike,
    Which signing were you planning on going to? We're just going to the one in San Diego, since we don't want to spend the money, time and miles to go to another event that's further away, for just a one day thing. I was hoping we'd be getting 2 real artists, not 1 new one and 1 tech artist, but it's better than nothing.

Next D23 event for us will be the MoG shopping day in a couple of weeks. We always like to go to see what new stuff they've gotten in, since the last time we shopped there, before Christmas. Barry got a really cool Carsland bowling shirt that time, so he's curious to see what else they have to go with it and the new things coming in.

We won't be going to the pay for yourself mixer at ESPN in DD, since it's the same day as the April meeting for the other local club I belong to.

What's next for you?

Karen W2