Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: D23 Fanniversary Event

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

D23 Fanniversary Event

Is anyone else having trouble accessing this event? First I did get on the D23 site, then their server crashed, then the page came back with the ticketing link, then the ticketing page crashed, and now???? This is so frustrating!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble accessing this event? First I did get on the D23 site, then their server crashed, then the page came back with the ticketing link, then the ticketing page crashed, and now???? This is so frustrating!
    D23 has posted a few updates to Twitter that there's been a problem with the system. Ticket sales have currently been suspended, but they'll give notice when they know when sales will resume.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i can't go (will be travelling for business) but I just can't understand why time and again Disney has an issue. They obviously don't think its important to fix the online ticketing processes for their events otherwise they'd fix it. I can only assume that since they know they have a high demand product no matter what - especially for events that have some limited space - they can just do without. Or - it could be the old adage (like fire prevention) why spend the money when its not a problem - meaning after the event registration. Mind boggling to say the least.

Now - if this same system were used to pay out bonuses to Execs at Disney then you'd know it would be first on the list to fix.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

I despise TicketMaster but wouldn't complain if Disney outsourced their event ticket sales to them. At least TM's servers don't crash EVERY. SINGLE. TIME something goes on sale.

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

D23 just posted to Facebook and Twitter that ticket sales for members will resume today at 2pm PST.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Just got my tickets. Things seem to be working smoothly.