Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: D23 Studio Tour - Feb. 2012

D23 Studio Tour - Feb. 2012

So I purchased tickets for the D23 studio & archives tour coming up in February. I have never been to the studios and was wondering if anyone else was going to the event? Has anyone else been to a studio tour? I am really looking forward to it.

MouseAdventure Luau - Ladies & The Tramp - 6th Place
    MouseAdventure Zone - The Squirrel Squad - 5th Place
    MouseAdventure Card Games - The Squirrel Squad - 7th Place

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rickosuave1987 View Post
    So I purchased tickets for the D23 studio & archives tour coming up in February. I have never been to the studios and was wondering if anyone else was going to the event? Has anyone else been to a studio tour? I am really looking forward to it.
    We did the tour the first year they offered it, and we had a really good time. Be sure to take note of the weather that day, and if there's any sun at all, be sure to wear hats. You'll be outdoors most of the time, and it was a very warm day when we did our tour. They were pretty strict about when we could arrive at the studio - we ended up driving around Burbank for a few minutes because we were early - so be sure to read any paperwork and instructions they send you. Presumably, they're still allowing cameras on the tour, so take any pictures that you like. And after the tour, they let us shop in the studio store, so that was fun too.

Have a great time!
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Thanks for the tips. The email I received says photography is allowed except when directed otherwise by the tour guide. Luckily for me, my house is about 3 miles from the studios so I shouldn't have any weather related surprises that day.

We've done the tour, and it was very fun and very memorable. Cameras were fine. If there is a no photo zone, your guide will let you know. There was a shopping opportunity, too, for D23 merchandise (a kiosk by the archives, not the CM store). Just a tip: when the guides want you to use the restroom before the start of the tour, they aren't kidding. We were sent to the commissary facilities, where there is only one (!) stall for the women. It took over 20 minutes for just a few women in line to rejoin the group! Good thing we were early, so the tour still started on time. The tour is several hours long, and I don't remember getting another restroom break.

Well the studio tour was pretty cool. My favorite part was getting to meet Dave Smith in the archives and getting to hold one of the Oscar trophies that Walt won. We got to shop in the CM store and they had a separate D23 store set up in one of the bungalows. Another cool thing, our tour guide was none other than Jeffrey Epstein, D23's "Disney Geek". He was fun and very funny throughout the tour.

Glad you had a good time!