Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland apps

Disneyland apps

A couple questions.

1. Which is your favorite app? There are so many of them.

2. Is there an app that tells how crowded the park is? I have one that predicts how crowded it will be but I was wanting one that tells what it actually is.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    A couple questions.

1. Which is your favorite app? There are so many of them.

2. Is there an app that tells how crowded the park is? I have one that predicts how crowded it will be but I was wanting one that tells what it actually is.
    I think the closest you'll get is Mobile Magic or whatever it's called now (the official Disney app) and checking the lines. Crowds are so incredibly subjective that I'd be surprised if you found any other way to truly judge it in a manner that is somewhat consistent.

I think Mobile Magic is only Verizon?

I use "Disneyland Wait Times" and Mice Chat has a pretty good app too but I don't like the way it is organized DWT (the one I use) is very simple and just has wait times Does not have FP info/times though which is a bummer.

What is Mobile Magic?
    Mobile Magic is the only official Disney Parks app. And it's only on Verizon Wireless. Mobile Magic enhances your Disney Parks experience, giving you valuable information such as attraction wait times and FASTPASS return times for the park you are in and the ability to find your favorite characters. The app leverages GPS technology to pinpoint your location and displays what's happening nearby. Users can also access the application to plan vacations from home. The application offers live competitive trivia games and other surprises to keep you entertained while at the park, or at home.
    From the Disney website

They recently expanded Mobile Magic to I-phones and the Android market. I downloaded it on my Android, but I haven't been to the park to check it out.

I did download Mobile Magic but it can't use all the features unless you are in the park so wasn't sure what there all was. I've downloaded a few but don't know how they really work since I haven't been to try them out. One that I've liked playing around with them is Disneyland Inside Out. I like the set up. There were a couple others that seemed a little busy to look at and were a little confusing so I deleted them. I was just didn't want to miss a really good one. I don't know how much I'll even use it while we are there but they are fun to at sound with.

Quote Originally Posted by jananafish View Post
    Mice Chat has a pretty good app too but I don't like the way it is organized DWT (the one I use) is very simple and just has wait times Does not have FP info/times though which is a bummer.
    What is the Mice Chat one called? I couldn't find one by that name.
    My BIL & SIL use DWT. I did download that one and it is very simple.

I have only ever used MouseWait and Mobile Magic at Disneyland. TouringPlans has a great app for WDW called Lines, and there is a companion for DL. Their extensive database of wait times and crowd levels is usually pretty accurate.

I use MouseWait and I like it a lot. I don't go into the Lounge/chat area of it, but using it for wait times and menus/restrooms/characters is great. The wait times are usually very accurate.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Quote Originally Posted by ImDMous:1718049
    I use MouseWait and I like it a lot. I don't go into the Lounge/chat area of it, but using it for wait times and menus/restrooms/characters is great. The wait times are usually very accurate.
    They also have a restaurant tab that shows reviews on all the places at the DLR as well as menus and prices. That's the one I use while in the parks. And since it has such a huge user base they are more accurate on wait times than most other wait line apps. Even more than the official disney app.(which I have never been able to use un the parks for some reason)