Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: HOJO or Fairfield Inn?

HOJO or Fairfield Inn?

We are planning family trip at the end of August this year (Whoooopppeeee!). Will be travelling with a group of 5 (me, hubby, and 3 kids ages 18, 15, and 10). We have been many times in the past and have enjoyed most of the hotels we have stayed in. This year we are considering returning to the HOJO--we stayed there a couple of years ago. But I have also heard good things about the Fairfield Inn. We don't care too much about squishing, so we will only be considering a standard 2-queen room with a roll-away. We did enjoy HOJO and would love to go there again, but just wondering if you all have any words of advice about one or the other?

2. # ADS

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

both hotels are nice, I have stayed at both several times. If you aren't getting the retro rate for the Hojo then I would lean towards the Fairfield Inn because the two queen rooms have a chair that converts to a single wide bed that is included in the price of the room vs the per night charge for a rollaway at the hojo. I'd check on the price for parking and wifi as well. It has been several years since I've stayed at the Fairfield but so many hotels on Harbor have added parking fees and charge for wifi and the Hojo doesn't charge for either one so it might be that if you factor in the fees for the parking/wifi vs the roll a way charge the HoJo is still a better barging. It really does come down to the best bang for your buck when comparing these two.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries

Parking at the Fairfield is $8 a night. Free parking at Hojos. Both have free wifi.

The chair at Fairfield is pretty small. Don't count on the 18 or 15 year old being able to sleep on it.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Parking at the Fairfield is $8 a night. Free parking at Hojos. Both have free wifi.

The chair at Fairfield is pretty small. Don't count on the 18 or 15 year old being able to sleep on it.
    My mother-in-law stayed at Fairfield last month. She said the parking has gone up to $11. I double-checked the website which confirms that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyobsessed View Post
    My mother-in-law stayed at Fairfield last month. She said the parking has gone up to $11. I double-checked the website which confirms that.
    In that case, check the price of the Hojo's rollaway. In the double double standard rooms in buildings 3-6, there was a roll away in the closet and no charge for it. When we used one in the premium room, there was a $10 charge. That may have done up (2 years ago.)
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries

When we stay at HoJo's with our daughter (now 8), we bring a queen-size air mattress & have her sleep on that. There's enough room for it in the Building 2 rooms. I'm sure it would have fit even better in the Building 1 room DH & I stayed in early last week. The air mattress is kind of heavy & bulky -- but if you're driving, it's pretty easy. I wouldn't try to fly with it though 'cause I wouldn't want to be charged to carry or pack it.

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by shna View Post
    When we stay at HoJo's with our daughter (now 8), we bring a queen-size air mattress & have her sleep on that. There's enough room for it in the Building 2 rooms. I'm sure it would have fit even better in the Building 1 room DH & I stayed in early last week. The air mattress is kind of heavy & bulky -- but if you're driving, it's pretty easy. I wouldn't try to fly with it though 'cause I wouldn't want to be charged to carry or pack it.
    Is it just the 3 of you? Are you all staying in a king room?
    I'm asking because I called HOJO before booking our trip. I asked them if DD(1) could sleep in a king room with DH and I. They told me she could not because of city code. I assumed it was room size, because other hotels allow her to stay in a king room with us. We had to book a room with 2 beds, even though we're only going to use one. For some reason an extra bed in the room bugs me. It makes things feel more conjested, even though the rooms tend to be a bit larger.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    our daughter (now 8),
    This has nothing to do with the post/question, but holy cow she's 8 already?!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    Is it just the 3 of you? Are you all staying in a king room?
    I'm asking because I called HOJO before booking our trip. I asked them if DD(1) could sleep in a king room with DH and I. They told me she could not because of city code. I assumed it was room size, because other hotels allow her to stay in a king room with us. We had to book a room with 2 beds, even though we're only going to use one. For some reason an extra bed in the room bugs me. It makes things feel more conjested, even though the rooms tend to be a bit larger.
    We generally book a two-queen-bed room when we're traveling with her... the rooms in Building 2. The inflatable bed does limit walking space on one end of the room, but we're usually in the room only to sleep & shower. If you're spending a lot of time in the room, your mileage may vary. I think they make twin-size inflatable beds, but I could be wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by CariBelle View Post
    This has nothing to do with the post/question, but holy cow she's 8 already?!
    No kidding! She's growing up so fast. *sigh*
    Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Nope - it never ends.

We generally book a two-queen-bed room when we're traveling with her... the rooms in Building 2. The inflatable bed does limit walking space on one end of the room, but we're usually in the room only to sleep & shower. If you're spending a lot of time in the room, your mileage may vary. I think they make twin-size inflatable beds, but I could be wrong about that. No kidding! She's growing up so fast. *sigh*
    What's the inflatable bed for?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    What's the inflatable bed for?
    It's for our daughter to sleep on. She tends to move around and kick, so neither of us particularly wants to share a bed with her -- and a queen bed is way too small for two adults who are used to sleeping in a king (not California King - Eastern King) bed.
    Nope - it never ends.