Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Straw hatters vs dapper dans

Straw hatters vs dapper dans

OK,

Huge Music fan here and I see that the STAW HATTERS are listed along with the DAPPER DANS on MSUSA. I know and love the DAPPER DANS but who EXACTLY are the SHs????

Also any comments on the Live Music are much appreciated as that is a HUGE focus for me as I attend the parks in APRIL. I see that THE MARIACHI DIVAS are performing more which is awesome. Especially since there are no more MINER 49ers.....so very sad but I am looking forward to lots and lots of live music on BUENA VISTA ST......openopenopen!

Boot Strappers gone? Going to the BBQ at BTRanch.....who and what plays there???? Going mostly for the Music! Trying to catch the TRADER SAM'S Hawai'ian Band....anyone.....

Let me know!

2. # ADS

In the afternoon, the Disneyland Band breaks up into smaller groups and perform different sets. These groups include: The Straw Hatters (who perform in the Town Square area, normally near the Showcase), The Hook and Ladder Company (who perform near the Firehouse in Town Square), and the Pearly Band (who perform in the Fantasyland area).

Each of these groups also performs one or two shows with performances from Disney characters. The Hook and Ladder Company with Cruella, Goofy, Chip and Dale, The Straw Hatters with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Donald, and the Pearly Band with Mary Poppins and Bert. These shows, of course, are always subject to change or cancellation.

"You know, some guys just can't hold their arsenic!"

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

The Bootstrappers are normally in NOS these days, there is a bandstand at the French Market, Billy Hill at the Golden Horseshoe. They still have Big Band music on Fridays & Saturdays at Carnation Gardens, the Tomorrowland Terrace stage has more rock and roll acts on the weekends as well.

At DCA, there is the new Minnie's Fly Girls show outside Soarin', it runs about 25 minutes and Minnie shows up at the end.
    Appearing later this spring/summer as the relaunch happens are 3 other new acts: Mickey's Paper Boys, 5 & Dyme quintet and the Friendly Sisters. And set to appear in mid June over at Disneyland, the All American College Band.

Don't forget Downtown Disney, House of Blues & Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen plus the amibient outdoor music acts as well.

http://myyearwiththemouse.com/

You can check out some of her blog. Several of her posts are about the musical talents mentioned by oregontraveler.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipmunkStar View Post
    In the afternoon, the Disneyland Band breaks up into smaller groups and perform different sets. These groups include: The Straw Hatters (who perform in the Town Square area, normally near the Showcase), The Hook and Ladder Company (who perform near the Firehouse in Town Square), and the Pearly Band (who perform in the Fantasyland area).

Each of these groups also performs one or two shows with performances from Disney characters. The Hook and Ladder Company with Cruella, Goofy, Chip and Dale, The Straw Hatters with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Donald, and the Pearly Band with Mary Poppins and Bert. These shows, of course, are always subject to change or cancellation.

THANKS so much chipmunkStar! So this is strange to me as I have seen the Pearly Band numerous times and the Hook and Ladder Company many times and never seen the Straw Hatters and they are the ONLY live entertainers and that group that I have EVER seen mentioned on the ENTERTAINMENT GUIDE on the Disney Web Site. How very odd. I notice the BOOT STRAPPERS are not mentioned anymore so they must be temporarily defunct?

Quote Originally Posted by oregontraveler View Post
    The Bootstrappers are normally in NOS these days, there is a bandstand at the French Market, Billy Hill at the Golden Horseshoe. They still have Big Band music on Fridays & Saturdays at Carnation Gardens, the Tomorrowland Terrace stage has more rock and roll acts on the weekends as well.

At DCA, there is the new Minnie's Fly Girls show outside Soarin', it runs about 25 minutes and Minnie shows up at the end.
    Appearing later this spring/summer as the relaunch happens are 3 other new acts: Mickey's Paper Boys, 5 & Dyme quintet and the Friendly Sisters. And set to appear in mid June over at Disneyland, the All American College Band.

Don't forget Downtown Disney, House of Blues & Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen plus the amibient outdoor music acts as well.
    The BootStrappers are not on the schedule anymore but I also do not see Minnie's Fly Girls on the schedule either! And yes we booked the HOUSE OF BLUES Gospel Brunch for the first time and looking very forward to that indeed!

I have of course read up on the NEW DCA acts since the MINER 49ers are gone but I know they will not start until JUNE 15th now!