Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MA DATP/ Basic/Advanced Thoughts from MA Card Games

Waiting for the full recap is getting unbearable. We need more talk going on here! How about the Upside Down Cakes? They're usually good for a nice detailed account of their race. By the way, how many teams did the K quests? We didn't do any of them but I've been playing with them at home. As for the Q of Bears did all teams have the same three characters? Anybody find the "stones" portion of the Q of Stars quest? This MouseAdventure was an excellent event and I need to hear more chatter about it!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by SunolMouse View Post
    As for the Q of Bears did all teams have the same three characters?
    There were 3 sets of characters randomly given to teams so that multiple teams would not be working on the same groups at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ferkarjulmar View Post
    Why is Team#25 in the Advanced Division missing!! I would like to know my score too so how can I find out??! Thanks- Marlena
    It's being looked into, and hopefully we'll have an answer for you soon.

Waiting for the full recap is getting unbearable. We need more talk going on here!
    I agree! I'm so anxious to read the recap and see the pictures!

Waiting for the full recap is getting unbearable. We need more talk going on here! How about the Upside Down Cakes? They're usually good for a nice detailed account of their race. By the way, how many teams did the K quests? We didn't do any of them but I've been playing with them at home. As for the Q of Bears did all teams have the same three characters? Anybody find the "stones" portion of the Q of Stars quest? This MouseAdventure was an excellent event and I need to hear more chatter about it!
    The Upside Down Cakes had a fabulous day of MouseAdventure! We also like knowing as we go that we are getting the correct answers. We appreciated the chance to fix the ones that were wrong, usually it just took a second guess to get it right. I loved the idea of the deck of cards, but having to write on them was a pain. This being our 15th game, I know how we usually have to erase a lot while solving a puzzle. I actually copied a few of the puzzles by hand onto scratch paper so I could use a pencil. I missed not having a full-size word search to solve. Weve gotten pretty good at solving them without having many of the words from the list since we usually arent given one. Its quite amusing listening to each other sound out a line of letters. One strength of our team is that we all have different strengths. Its a good thing Im good at puzzles because I am not much help in knowing where to find much of anything else like the rest of my team is. I didnt even bother looking at the trivia this time.

Bears we started here and it took us at least 3 hours because of all the walking back and forth, and we had a difficult time finding how the good times roll. We didnt have to finish the evil paragraph to find the answer. I dont know what J was because I was getting a head start on Crowns. Q of Bears was awesome, we got the easy ones Pinocchio, Dumbo, and Donald. K of Bears was a little challenging. We had the papers all cut up and folded, could read the beginning and end of the question and part of the middle, but it was enough to find what we needed. My sister and I had ridden the Mark Twain a few days before and noticed a crate we didnt remember and took note of it. Apparently its been in another MA, but we must not have found it that time.

Crowns - We were able to get the Crown quests done in not more than an hour because I started solving the puzzles to get the questions while others were working on Bear quests. I didnt completely finish drawing Pinocchio, but so glad I at least got his feet, or we probably would have made a wrong guess. J of Crowns wasnt too bad. My sister rocked on the Q of crowns using her tour guide skills to memorize. K of Crowns - The clock/wheel quest was another we didnt have all the answers for before we finished it. With one outer row and the three inside rows, I was able to figure out the last word and filled in the blanks from there.

Rockets Finished A through 10, made an educated guess on J of Rockets, but calculated wrong. Q of rockets wasnt too bad although we had to walk all the way to the other end of the Hub to find the partner. We didnt finish K of Rockets.

Stars - kind of a blur to me. We finished A through 6, and 8. Turned those in to get J, Q, and K, but didnt have time to finish them. We were headed back to Tomorrowland to look for something, but the parade got in our way and we barely ended up making it to Troubadour Tavern in time to turn everything in.

Congratulations to New Orleans Squares. In the fall, I was hoping the Advanced 1st place for the new team was just beginners luck, but I guess not. I didnt mind much because we had our 1st place in Basic. We are happy with our 2nd place Advanced this time though. Is there such a thing as 2nd place Masters? Weve gotten it 3 times now (all advanced)!

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Hey Day at the Park folks - or as we called it... MA Card Games: Go Fish!

Feel free to read and post here about your game experience.

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

^ LOL - clever! As always.

Ooooooooooooooh, I feel a recap finally coming!!

"The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love

Loving my sweet pea.

My team mate and I had SO much fun yesterday! I was pretty concerned going into it because I haven't been feeling well due to pregnancy woes, and then when I saw the rain forecast I thought, OH NO! I played in Rain Gear games and it was the only event we quit early. We used sheet protectors for that game, but still have to pull everything out to write, and when writing became impossible due to everything being wet we quit.

But yesterday thanks to the magic of card sleeves and sheet protectors and grease pencils we had a MUCH better time.

We got our packet at the Bears station, but decided to start with Crowns. We solved A-10, and after some confusion, finally got J (population sign) and then I got the Q (water memory) after two attempts. I initially memorized them backwards, doh!

We moved on to Rocket and also solved A-10, later in the day I solved the K quest (adding and subtracting letters). We also got the Q quest as a freebie since none of the ride vehicles were out due to the rain. I think we got the J also. Was that the one with the Time Castle?

We moved to Bears with not a whole lot of time. The most frustrating part of the game for us was trying to find a drink in New Orleans Square while viewing a bear hunt. It was raining down HARD and we did a lot of walking back and forth to the Bears Station which was at Ranch Z. We turned in A-3 and got our high level quests. Decided to run over to Hungry Bear to do Q (moved off the island due to rain), and we were excited when the volunteer told us we were the fastest team by far to get through all three. I think I was acting for less than a minute. I had Ariel, White Rabbit, and Pluto. We didn't have time for the J or K of Bears, we did try to go for one more set of low level cards. We had 20 minutes. The last thing we needed was to find 'what the good times are doing.' We found it just in time to run back over to Ranch Z to give our answers before the time cutoff.

We spend the last half hour going over trivia and guessing on eye spy. We've never been a fan of eye spy, and we just didn't really pay attention to it. The only one we actually did was the pic of the Alice Ride. I did correctly identify the lantern on Splash, but didn't want to take the time to dig out the cards while searching for good times are a bruin. In the rain, trying to have all four of a kind from each suit seemed like too much trouble, especially when we only had two people on our team.

This was our first time with only two people. We went through the quests much slower than if we'd been in the competitive game, but it was nice to take it at our pace without watching the clock too closely. We did think it was hard to have only one book of directions for all the quests. That would have been even more frustrating if we'd had 3 or 4 people. It was hard to work ahead on something when my team mate needed to book for a specific puzzle, for example.

Even with the rain pelting us, we really enjoyed our time. It was very nice to take a break from advanced and basic and take the pressure off of ourselves!

I LOVED the format. I LOVED knowing we had right answers along the way. I would love to play in this format or something very similar every time.

Thank you to everyone who put this on. It was a fun day.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THpoohbear View Post
    My team mate and I had SO much fun yesterday! I was pretty concerned going into it because I haven't been feeling well due to pregnancy woes,
    DUE TO WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!????????????????????????

How did I miss this!?!?!?!???
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Loving my sweet pea.

LOL, you haven't missed much, ADK. I've been keeping it very quiet. I only posted it just last week (maybe a few days before that?) in the Hearts thread. I wasn't sure if you read through all those Hearts posts or not. I'm only 11 weeks. I was going to pop over in the good news soon... but I still feel nervous so haven't talked about it a whole lot.

I didn't figure you would be there yesterday, but was hoping you would be so I could tell you in person!

So, SURPRISE, I'm pregnant!

This was a great event! We had a blast as a brand new team. I haven't done any of the other format games, but we liked the card deck style game alot. Very excited to see what the fall event is like! Yay for fourth in Basic New!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries
    We moved to Bears with not a whole lot of time. The most frustrating part of the game for us was trying to find a drink in New Orleans Square while viewing a bear hunt.
    Glad you had fun despite the weather. I was extremely impressed with how almost everybody kept a fun attitude going through it all. From my point of view, I can also say that I am very happy that if it had to rain it rained yesterday instead of on the 11th. Yesterday we could just close off quests if needed and not being so worried about it being perfectly fair to the people who already did it. I'm not sure what we would have done for some of those if we had to maintain competitive fairness.

Anyway, not sure if that was a typo or a point of confusion, but it was "deer hunt" you were looking for, not a "bear hunt."

Loving my sweet pea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex S. View Post
    Anyway, not sure if that was a typo or a point of confusion, but it was "deer hunt" you were looking for, not a "bear hunt."
    Thanks for correcting. It was just a lapse of memory on my part. MA and the rain did an excellent job of tiring me out. I'm fairly brain dead today. When we finally found the fountain, I didn't even look at the etching, so I have no visual memory of it. My team mate verbally confirmed it was what we were looking for so I just started counting tiles.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    I didn't figure you would be there yesterday, but was hoping you would be so I could tell you in person!

So, SURPRISE, I'm pregnant!
    LOL. YEAH!! More babies for me to (attempt to) hold!!!!
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

"Life's a Stitch" had a fun (wet) day! I like the Go Fish addition to the name! Thank you so much Niwel for your assistance with our team at the very beginning of the event!!!

Looking forward to the recap!

Katrina - Proud DLR APer

Hated the rain (though we were better prepared than we were for the previous rainy MouseAdventure). Loved the card games theme. We brought $1 photo books from WalMart but should have used the 8.5x11 baseball card sheets that we saw a few others using. Either way, we were very happy to have something that could hold our cards. We never did even one Eye Spy, though we noticed several. It was just too cumbersome to get them all out in the rain and we didn't feel the potential point values warranted it. Forgot to use educated guessing at the end so we lost any points we might have received from Eye Spys at all. Loved knowing throughout the game if we had some of the answers right or not. That helped our morale so much. Thank you to everyone on the staff - all friendly, helpful and encouraging!

- Julie

Trivia and/or Eye Spy answers while we (patiently) wait for the full recap?

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Trivia and/or Eye Spy answers while we (patiently) wait for the full recap?
    Trivia - Give me 10 minutes
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Trivia Answers

Hi teams!
    Here are your answers for trivia. If you have any questions, please let me know

14. What outdoor activity do you see first on Soarin’ Over California?

a. Horseback Riding in Death Valley
    b. Surfing in Malibu
    c. Skiing in Squaw Valley
    d. Rafting in Redwood Creek*
    e. Golfing in Palm Springs
    15. What Disney musical group voiced the playing cards in “Alice in Wonderland”?
    a. Fire House Five Plus Two
    b. The Mellowmen*
    c. The Party
    d. The Mickey Mouse Club
    e. The Dapper Dans
    16. True or False: In “Alice in Wonderland,” Alice wins the Caucus Race (FALSE)
    17. The Friends for Change Games can be seen on what Disney/ABC-owned network
    a. ABC
    b. ESPN
    c. ABC Family
    d. The Disney Channel*
    e. Disney Junior
    18. What sport does Dash compete in at the end of “The Incredibles”?
    a. Track*
    b. Swimming
    c. Race Car
    d. Gymnastics
    e. Basketball
    19. Which MLB baseball team has their spring training at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World?
    a. Chicago Cubs
    b. Miami Marlins
    c. Atlanta Braves*
    d. Texas Rangers
    e. Milwaukee Brewers
    20. On Toy Story Midway Mania, what is the last thing you shoot at?
    a. Mine Cars*
    b. Balloons
    c. Aliens
    d. Plates
    e. Lotso
    21. In the baseball-themed “A Kid in King Arthur’s Court” where is Calvin Fuller from?
    a. Southern California*
    b. Orlando
    c. London
    d. New York
    e. Chicago
    22. On Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, this target is worth the most points:
    a. Square
    b. Diamond
    c. Circle
    d. Star
    e. Triangle*
    23. In Mary Poppins, who wins the horse race?
    a. Bert
    b. Mary*
    c. Jane
    d. Michael
    e. The fox
    24. What was the name of the character who trains Hercules for battle
    a. Hades
    b. Sophocles
    c. Philatedis*
    d. Perces
    e. Zeus
    25. Dragonfly waterskiing, twig-spheres and mouse polo are all part of the:
    a. Princess Games
    b. Fairy Olympics
    c. Pixie Hollow Decathlon
    d. Fairy Sports Zone
    e. Pixie Hollow Games*
    26. How many of the 11 countries represented in Epcot’s World Showcase have never hosted a Summer or Winter Olympics?
    a. 0
    b. 1*
    c. 2
    d. 3
    e. 4
    27. In Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean the two skeletons in the bar are playing a game of:
    a. Chess*
    b. Checkers
    c. Liar’s Dice
    d. Poker
    e. Backgammon
    28. Take a gamble on Innoventions – which of these is not an option for a “zone” where you could end up
    a. Home
    b. Transportation
    c. Sports
    d. Entertainment
    e. Food*
    29. What game do the Lost Boys teach Michael and John?
    a. Follow the Leader*
    b. Hide and Seek
    c. Leap Frog
    d. Red Rover
    e. Peek a Boo
    30. In what movie do the Dirty Yellows play soccer against the True Blues?
    a. “Pete’s Dragon”
    b. “Bedknobs and Broomsticks”*
    c. “Mary Poppins”
    d. “Song of the South”
    e. “Toy Story 2”
    31. In “Alice in Wonderland’s” croquet game_____ are the mallets and ____ are the balls
    a. Flowers, cards
    b. Cards, hedgehogs
    c. Flamingos, hedgehogs*
    d. Hedgehogs, flamingos
    e. Flamingos, cards
    32. What sport is not represented at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort?
    a. Gymnastics*
    b. Soccer
    c. Football
    d. Baseball
    e. Basketball
    33. A Disney California Adventure boardwalk game was inspired by this scene in “Make Mine Music” based on a famous story.
    a. “Peter and the Wolf”
    b. “The Whale Who Wanted to Sing at the Met”
    c. “Casey at the Bat”*
    d. “All the Cats Join In”
    e. “Johnny Fedora and Alice Blue Bonnet”
    34. In “The Emperor’s New Groove” Kuzco wants to tear down Pacha’s house so he can build:
    a. A swimming pool*
    b. Tennis courts
    c. Golf course
    d. Polo fields
    e. Football field
    35. What song is accompanies the scene where David, Lilo, Nonnie and Stitch go surfing in “Lilo and Stitch”?
    a. Burnin’ Love
    b. Mele Kalikimaka
    c. Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride*
    d. Hawaiian War Chant
    e. I Can’t Help Fallin in Love With You
    36. In “Cars,” who does Lightning McQueen help cross the finish line at the Piston Cup?
    a. Chick Hicks
    b. The King*
    c. Mater
    d. Doc Hudson
    e. Mack
    37. Which of these is NOT a Goofy sport-themed short?
    a. The Art of Skiing
    b. How to Play Baseball
    c. Hockey Homicide
    d. Tennis Raquet
    e. The Art of Soccer*
    38. In “Pinocchio’s Daring Journey” we see this character turn into a donkey in the Pleasure Island pool hall:
    a. Pinocchio
    b. Honest John
    c. Gideon
    d. Lampwick*
    e. Stromboli
    39. Oogie Boogie asks guests to play this game to pick their gift at the end of Haunted Mansion Holiday:
    a. Slot Machine
    b. Craps
    c. Roulette*
    d. Blackjack
    e. Bingo
    40. This actor coached the hockey team to victory in “The Mighty Ducks” as Gordon Bombay:
    a. Will Ferrell
    b. Martin Sheen
    c. Kurt Russell
    d. Dean Jones
    e. Emilio Estevez*
    41. In “Robin Hood,” what animal does Robin dress as for the archery contest to fool Prince John?
    a. Bear
    b. Fox
    c. Stork*
    d. Lion
    e. Badger
    42. In the Pixar short Gerry’s Game, what IS Gerry’s game?
    a. Wrestling
    b. Ping Pong
    c. Blackjack
    d. Chess*
    e. Candyland
    43. What was the first year that the Super Bowl winner uttered that famous line “I’m going to Disneyland!”
    a. 1985
    b. 1987*
    c. 1989
    d. 1990
    e. 2000
    44. If the guys in “Cool Runnings” came to Disneyland, what attraction would they find familiar?
    a. Davy Crocket Canoes
    b. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    c. Matterhorn Bobsleds*
    d. Autopia
    e. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
    45. What is the name of the Mickey Mouse cartoon where Mickey has a dream that he danced with cards:
    a. Thru the Looking Glass
    b. Thru the Mirror*
    c. Mickey in Wonderland
    d. Mickey’s Looking Glass
    e. Mickey’s Dream
    46. In “Father of the Bride” George Banks plays this with his daughter, Annie, several times during the movie:
    a. Basketball*
    b. Checkers
    c. Poker
    d. Horseshoes
    e. Golf
    47. Which Tiki God says: “My land so good to me, I got time for sport. I fly kite. Me number one kite flyer”?
    a. Pele
    b. Ngendei
    c. Koro
    d. Hina
    e. Rongo*
    48. Who won the Golden Horseshoe in a game of cards?
    a. Pecos Bill
    b. Jessie
    c. Slue Foot Sue*
    d. Wally Boag
    e. Billy Hill
    49. In which movie does Michael "Goob" Yagoobian falls asleep during an important Little League game – and it changes the fate of the world?
    a. “Chicken Little”
    b. “Treasure Planet”
    c. “Meet the Robinsons”*
    d. “Home on the Range”
    e. “Atlantis”
    50. Name the football-kicking mule form the 1976 Don Knotts film:
    a. Pongo
    b. Bongo
    c. Gus*
    d. Jaq
    e. Pedro
    Last edited by Niwel; 03-28-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Hakuna Matata

Loving my sweet pea.

Thanks! Wow, we did decently on trivia for the first time, I think.

Nothing is starred for question number 23.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Thanks! Wow, we did decently on trivia for the first time, I think.

Nothing is starred for question number 23.
    Fixed
    Hakuna Matata

Quote Originally Posted by Niwel View Post
    Hi teams!
    Here are your answers for trivia...

24. What was the name of the character who trains Hercules for battle
    a. Hades
    b. Sophocles
    c. Philatedis*
    d. Perces
    e. Zeus
    [/INDENT]
    I had to share my giggle, because I was looking back through our booklet, (we always circle the answers so we can keep track), and I found we did surprisingly well on trivia, which my mom and son mostly worked on. For number 24 I saw this in our book:

c. Philatedis PHILOCTETES!!!! (in DS15's handwriting)

I don't know which makes me a prouder mama, his extensive knowledge of Disney, or his proofreading skills!

(And Niwel, he may be asking you about the Disney College Program, he is already making plans!)

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    c. Philatedis PHILOCTETES!!!! (in DS15's handwriting)

I don't know which makes me a prouder mama, his extensive knowledge of Disney, or his proofreading skills!

(And Niwel, he may be asking you about the Disney College Program, he is already making plans!)
    Good catch

And please do!
    Hakuna Matata

Steven put together a great video of highlights from the charades quest (Queen of Bears) from our competitive game. Check it out!

Is it still possible to buy one of the fabulous MouseAdventure baseball caps that were available to benefit CHOC on Sunday? We would love to have one!

- Julie