Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Cars Land - and Other Fantasy Versions of MA

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cars Land - and Other Fantasy Versions of MA

Seeing just a few of the pictures from previews (I'm not watching any videos until I visit, and not searching out photos, but not cocooning myself) it sounds like there's a lot of great detail in Cars Land that would be fodder for MA quests.

So, what would MA entry have to cost for you to get Disney to close the whole land and focus the entire event in there for a day? Is there THAT much stuff/room that a full day event could be spent in there for the 'normal' size event?

What other Fantasy (or nightmare) versions of MA can you think of that really aren't possible because of pesky little things like space, time, or budget?

Cathy

2. # ADS

There are so many license plates, signs, posters, etc. in Cars Land... It would probably be a great place to write quests, and a horrible place to solve them...

The line for RSR is chock full of stuff that I kept thinking "Wow, that would make a good MA quest...". The windows in the shops have lots of props and stuff too.

Buena Vista Street has windows similar to Main St. now too. And those can be just as bad as some of the window quests if the writers wanted them to be...

MouseAdventure Luau - Ladies & The Tramp - 6th Place
    MouseAdventure Zone - The Squirrel Squad - 5th Place
    MouseAdventure Card Games - The Squirrel Squad - 7th Place

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    So, what would MA entry have to cost for you to get Disney to close the whole land and focus the entire event in there for a day? Is there THAT much stuff/room that a full day event could be spent in there for the 'normal' size event?
    I'm pretty sure "we rented out Carsland" would have to be an after regular park hours MA. It costs what, around $250k to rent out a land at DL? So, if they limit the event to 600 participants or 150 teams of 4, we are "only" looking at approximately $1750.00 per team once you factor in their regular participation costs.

My question: does it still sell out within hours?

Is there THAT much stuff/room that a full day event could be spent in there for the 'normal' size event?
    Yes. Yes, there is.
    MouseAdventure - You ride rides?

Blog Entries
    S Is there THAT much stuff/room that a full day event could be spent in there for the 'normal' size event?
    I believe you could do an entire, albeit excessively obscure quest just identifying the very accurate desert plantlife.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Blog Entries

I am already guessing that Fall 2012 MA will be in DCA - and that a lot of the quests will be in the new areas. MUST. STUDY. EVERYTHING.

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

Headless Chicken - Ball & Chain rakkwhite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shna View Post
    I am already guessing that Fall 2012 MA will be in DCA - and that a lot of the quests will be in the new areas. MUST. STUDY. EVERYTHING.
    I'm guessing spring 2013, since they already announced the fall 2012 will be at Disneyland. Also, I'm hoping for spring so it will hopefully be a little less crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by rakkwhite View Post
    since they already announced the fall 2012 will be at Disneyland.
    Did we?
    MouseAdventure - You ride rides?

Headless Chicken - Ball & Chain rakkwhite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieBoy View Post
    Did we?
    I re-read the post I saw that info, and it said Disneyland "Resort". My bad, sorry for the confusion. The Fall 2012 MA could be anywhere at the DLR.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkwhite View Post
    I re-read the post I saw that info, and it said Disneyland "Resort". My bad, sorry for the confusion. The Fall 2012 MA could be anywhere at the DLR.
    Pssst Check out the MA facebook page (from twitter) and I'm thinking there's a hint in the theme of the game announced, too (but there I go assuming.....)
    Cathy

Pssst Check out the MA facebook page (from twitter) and I'm thinking there's a hint in the theme of the game announced, too (but there I go assuming.....)
    My girls and I made it a quest to find Joe and AVP were looking at last week. Of course, we spent our entire day in Carsland imagining what evil quests they could design to the point where my 11 yo forbide me from suggesting any of it. I tried to explain to her that whatever evilness we could come up with wouldn't hold a candle to what the MA crew can imagine. lol
    www.RunningoftheEars.com

MA Teams Luck Be a Lady & It's My Way or the Skyway!

Blog Entries

Yesterday, DH & I kept pointing at things in Cars Land and saying "You just know THAT will be part of a quest."

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.