Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Discount offer RTP?

Discount offer RTP?

I keep getting emails/mail that offers a special rate if I mention a code, such as RTP. I don't really think it's a discount (grrrrr). Has anyone else gotten one of these offers? Please tell me that it could lead to a real PIN offer.

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you are getting the e-mail's from Disney, what makes you think that the code is not legit?
    I would be suspicious if for some reason if the e-mail did not come from Disney or if there was a link that did not take you directly to a Disney site.

Have you contacted Disney or your favorite TA about the code and what it may offer? It may be the only way to see what you can get along the lines of a Discount. Then again, while its been a while since I got a PIN code of sorts, I thought that the offers usually tell you what its "worth" in the note itself.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

I called Disney and the agent seemed perplexed by my code since it wasn't the usual 15 digit pin. Anyway, he actually negotiated a deal with me - we went back and forth on price. I've never seen anything like that! I ended up saving about $1000 from the rack rate that I did online. Our trip was for 5 nights/6 days for 2 adults, 1 child at the GF Sugar Loaf with Deluxe Dining Plan. The rack rate is about $5400 and I negotiated the Disney travel agent down to $4400! Has anyone experienced this before??

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, that's great!
    I haven't experienced it before, but I've been using a TA most of the time recently.
    I hope you're not going at too warm a time of year, though - the Deluxe Dining Plan can be a lot of food!

Cathy

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is a difference between PIN codes and discount codes. PIN codes are only for the person for which it was assigned. The offer codes, which are usually shorter in length, are generally offered to the public and/or groups of people such as Disney Visa card holders and AP holders.

I think thats great that you got a good discount. Before we got a good TA we used to directly reserve with Disney and they used to work with us on prices quite often. I would not say that it is commonplace, but I think its one of those things where I dont think people realize that, at times, different discounts may be available but may not be published.

Agreed with Drince. The DDP is quite a bit of food. The Deluxe DDP is A LOT of food. And in the summer time, heat + overeating = well, lets just say that even a foodie like me actually skipped meals after a while because I was tired of eating.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Thanks for the insight and advice. We like to eat! We've used all the dining plans and this some how works best for us. Maybe that says something about us?!?

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeconomus View Post
    Thanks for the insight and advice. We like to eat! We've used all the dining plans and this some how works best for us. Maybe that says something about us?!?
    Hey, whatever works for you! I just wanted to say something in case you hadn't done the Deluxe plan before.

(I'll speak for myself only, but if you'd met me in person, you'd know skipping meals isn't my 'normal state'! )
    Cathy

If we had a clapping smiley, I'd be putting it here. Well done!

Yes, Disney is the business of filling rooms - so as GusMan said, sometimes unpublished deals can be had. It's not common, but neither is it rare.

I agree the Deluxe Plan is a lot of food, however I'm sure you're equal to the challenge of customizing it so that you get value out of it. I know if I was on the Deluxe Plan, there would be a TS lunch or two where I would be asking if I could substitute an appetizer for a main course and then I would definitely have room for the dessert of my choice!

“When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” - Roy Disney

I've used several discount codes before, and have never had a problem getting them to access the 3 letter code. Perhaps you had a rookie booking agent.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor