Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2013 Marathon Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by timl33 View Post
    Did I miss a MP meet up prior to these races?
    Tim, we didn't agree on a meetup time or place. Are you interested in meeting up?

2. # ADS

Force is strong in this one
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Tim, we didn't agree on a meetup time or place. Are you interested in meeting up?
    Yeah, if people are up for it. I just arrived and have about 5 hours until my girlfriend arrives but if no one is doing anything, no worries. Steph, I'll PM you with my phone number. Fairest already has it.
    In the year leading up to my 40th birthday, I successfully ran 40 races ending with Ironman Lake Tahoe! Follow me on Facebook!

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, if people are up for it. I just arrived and have about 5 hours until my girlfriend arrives but if no one is doing anything, no worries. Steph, I'll PM you with my phone number. Fairest already has it.
    I do! But I'm not at WDW right now. Sitting this one out, but I'll be at Tink next weekend and WDW next January.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Congratulations Lani - 2:09 with a PR!!!

And Doc!!! 2:51 with a PR of 30 minutes!

Stephanie - 3:21 - Packing herself for Goofy in a time that would be almost my PR... 1/3 of the way there!!

AVP!! 3:36 - 2 Half Marathons in 7 days!!!!

Mox - 3:51 - ALSO 2 Half Marathons in 7 days!!!

WOOT WOOT!!! You guys rock!!

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Blog Entries

2013 Marathon Weekend

Congrats team Mouseplanet!!! I was cheering you on virtually in the early morning here. I got up when the 10k splits started coming via text.

Congrats y'all! More congrats to come after tomorrow's race!

In the year leading up to my 40th birthday, I successfully ran 40 races ending with Ironman Lake Tahoe! Follow me on Facebook!

Congrats to everyone who finished the race! This was a brutal one with the heat and humidity. I wish I could have trained more for that part, but heck, I live in Wisconsin now. The medal looks fabulous too!

Blog Entries

Way to go finishers!!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Congratulations to Alex, Tim & Steph on finishing the marathon today -- and to Steph for being Goofy!!!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2013 Marathon Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Congratulations to Alex, Tim & Steph on finishing the marathon today -- and to Steph for being Goofy!!!
    And Swanie and RunningFool for finishing the full, plus Mommy2NickNMax for finishing Goofy.

Sorry, I don't know enough about Mooshu to know if they crossed the finish line as planned, or not.
    Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    And Swanie and RunningFool for finishing the full, plus Mommy2NickNMax for finishing Goofy.

Sorry, I don't know enough about Mooshu to know if they crossed the finish line as planned, or not.
    According to Facebook, Mooshu finished!

Blog Entries

2013 Marathon Weekend

According to Facebook, Mooshu finished!
    Oh, good!

And another padder finished, and I'm not sure how I knew to look him up, but it wasn't in this thread (cause I can't find it right now here) - but yea for one more (if he wants to fess up to running here, he can, but that's his choice.) Yegads, I feel like a stalker now!
    Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

2013 Marathon Weekend

Well if it'll help you can message me his name and at least you won't be stalking alone?

I give.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunninDisney View Post
    It looks like its going to be a warm one. HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!!!!

Add me to the list of the Goofy and the 5K. What was I thinking, lol!
    He DID post in this thread. RunninDisney finished the Full too (and I presume the Goofy as planned, although I didn't double check that) Ok, now I don't feel as stalkerish!
    Cathy

Loving my sweet pea.

A HEARTY congratulations to all the racers this past weekend! Well done! Enjoy your shiny bling!

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Would have loved at least 10 degrees cooler and a lot lower humidity (totally a weather wimp) but I finished my first (and one and only ever) full marathon! The medal is awesome. Took lots of pictures that I'll share. Working up a Marathon weekend write-up as we speak.

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations Lani - 2:09 with a PR!!!
    Thanks Adrienne! :-)

I was at about mile 10 when I realized I was still feeling pretty strong and that it might actually be possible to get near my PR (which was 2:11 from many years ago), so I made sure to keep up the pace.

I was crying when I crossed the finish line.
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Anyone have the URL for race photos? I don't know that I got the email from them.

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries

It took them a while to get them up for W&D.
    I just went to Brightroom's website, and they only have one race up for this year so far
    But the URL is http://www2.brightroom.com/search

Cathy

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

So apparently Disney is using a NEW photo vendor for this past week's events. You can retrieve the photos at marathonfoto.com, not Brightroom. Thanks Steph for the info!

Blog Entries

Do they keep flip-flopping around? Seems like they've used Marathonfoto before.

I wish they would drop the price of the single image digital download, though. $35 for a photo is a bit ridiculous. Even PhotoPass isn't that expensive!

Cathy

Hello everyone. Sorry I've been offline but it was quite a weekend. Both days were hard, but the marathon was particularly brutal. Congratulations to all who finished!

Wishes he could be watching Wishes. RunninDisney's Avatar

I was pretty sure that I was going to die on Sunday, but I made it. It was worth it, the medals are awesome. Next time I won't walk around the parks for a few days leading up to the races and in the day of the races. I did waaaay too much. Congrats to everyone who finished!

congratulations lani - 2:09 with a pr!!!
    *like*

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    *like*
    Thanks!

And I even set a PR a week after that at Tink -- 2:08:12. Woot!