Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MousePlanet CHEER TEAM for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

MousePlanet CHEER TEAM for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon

If you'd like to join the MousePlanet CHEER TEAM for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon, here's everything you need to know:

We're going to set up on the corner of Center Street Promenade and Lemon in Anaheim, just past mile marker 8 on the course. I would have liked to be nearer the half-way point of the course, but that's a mostly residential area, and this location gives us much better parking options with much less chance of being stuck in a road closure.

The race starts an the unholy hour of 5am on Sunday, January 20. I don't think we have anyone on Team MousePlanet with a sub 1-hour pace, so we'll plan to be in place by 6am. There is plenty of parking in the Vons shopping center at Harbor and Lincoln, with a walkway leading onto Lemon. There's a Starbucks in that center, so you can get coffee to keep you going.

Bring signs, noisemakers, balloons, anything you want to help cheer on our runners. Bring folding chairs if you want someplace to sit. We'll have the MousePlanet sign, bottled water for our runners who want it, and the famous sponges. (I don't think it's going to be warm enough, but we'll have them just in case).

If you're a runner and there's anything you want us to have on hand for you, please let me know so I can have it on hand. If you have some special fuel or drink you want to leave with us, we're happy to bring it to the station for you to pick up when you pass us.

If you're planning to join us, please let me know so I have an idea of how many folks to expect. See you there!

Adrienne

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Yeah!!! I can't wait to see you there!!

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, a 5:00 a.m. start is an ungodly hour but I guess it's the way to get the city streets opened back up. Just bring lots of good cheer 'cause we'll need it!

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Loving my sweet pea.

Thank you for the cheer station! I'm so excited! I happily cheered at the Dl half last September and it was SO fun! I've never had a cheerleader on the course before, I'm so thankful to have you, AVP, and whoever else comes out!

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    I don't think we have anyone on Team MousePlanet with a sub 1-hour pace, so we'll plan to be in place by 6am.
    Any female who can do a sub 1-hour pace for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon will set a WORLD RECORD so I don't think that'll be happening (fastest is 65:50 set last year by a woman from Kenya). There are a very small handful of gazelles... erm... men... who have set sub 1-hours but you can count them on two hands.

Thanks SOOOO much for doing this, AVP! Seeing cheer folks is always great but nothing beats recognizing your friends or seeing that big MousePlanet sign!!!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Any female who can do a sub 1-hour pace for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon will set a WORLD RECORD so I don't think that'll be happening (fastest is 65:50 set last year by a woman from Kenya).
    She means one hour from the start to the point of the cheer station.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    She means one hour from the start to the point of the cheer station.
    Oh! D'oh. Never mind!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Thank you ahead of time for all your support! I love MP people!!!

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really, REALLY appreciated all of the efforts during the DL Half and I'll be looking for you again! I enjoyed the mustard packets big time....just sayin'.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    I really, REALLY appreciated all of the efforts during the DL Half and I'll be looking for you again! I enjoyed the mustard packets big time....just sayin'.
    What's REALLY funny was that I was going to send AVP a note suggesting she might want to bring some mustard packets along.
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

I will be there with mustard!!

It was so nice to see familiar faces along the route in Sept, so I am happy to go and cheer!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    I will be there with mustard!!

It was so nice to see familiar faces along the route in Sept, so I am happy to go and cheer!
    YEAH!!!! Thanks for volunteering for mustard duty. ;o)

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Pickle juice is also supposed to help with cramping for those not interested in eating mustard packets.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The convenient thing about mustard packets is that they're a lot more readily available than pickle juice packets and easy to carry. I've found that if I just ask at restaurants that have them, they're happy to let me take a few extra home with me. The last time I asked they looked at me like I had two heads and said "Why are you asking? Just take them!"

My suggestion was in the context of the cheer station. If you have a jar of pickles at home, pickle juice is readily available also.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    My suggestion was in the context of the cheer station. If you have a jar of pickles at home, pickle juice is readily available also.
    SOMEONE WARN MDM TO STAY AWAY FROM THE MP CHEER STATION!!!!!!!

But if someone brings their pickle juice from their pickle jar at home, that would leave their pickles dry. Blech.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

How interesting.

I thought the beneficial ingredient in either was actually the vinegar? Maybe someone with free time on their hands can bring in a few packets of malt vinegar from a fish and chips shop.

Although...I would think liquids could get messy, especially if you're cold or sweaty. I think I'd prefer mustard. That is, if I was actually planning to be out running or cheering at the crack of dawn.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Good Luck!

Blog Entries

Anyone coming from a Southern state? Apparently you can grab these at Wal*Mart.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    Anyone coming from a Southern state? Apparently you can grab these at Wal*Mart.
    But you can order them online too! Love the Pickle Bob merchandise!
    "Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries

I did enjoy their song, especially the line about ending up "a pickle on a stick."

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    The convenient thing about mustard packets is that they're a lot more readily available than pickle juice packets and easy to carry.
    Is it possible to do relish packets?

Loving my sweet pea.

Does mustard help with swelling also? Or just cramping?

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THpoohbear View Post
    Does mustard help with swelling also? Or just cramping?
    My understanding is that the purpose is to help with sodium deficiency, which can result in cramping and/or swelling. I typically get leg cramps after 9 to 11 miles and I have been known to get sausage fingers, mustard seems to help the symptoms for me, plus it cuts down on the sugar mouth from the shot bloks.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

If I don't end up running I might be there. My only concern is that one of our TMM girls (my close friend) is right around 1:05 for 8 miles, and I don't want to miss her at the finish as well.
    What are the logistics of getting from the MP corner back to the finish line, or most likely my hotel (Portofino)?