Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
I agree with those who are hoping that Avatar Land NEVER happens. Everyone in my house was VERY upset when they announced it was in the works. We are Disney fans and Avatar haters, so we didn"t want the two to mix!

(Seriously, I left about 30 minutes into the movie. Just could not force myself to watch it. DH and the kids finished watching, but none enjoyed it)
I agree. And as I've said before on the other thread, it's so "un-Disneylike". I know that Disney released movies like Coyote Ugly and what not under other brands (mostly Touchstone Pictures), but they don't use those in the parks. Avatar has scantily clad humanoids, tons of bad language, is HEAVILY carried by the special effects, and has almost no originality when it comes to the story.

Now, before I get jumped on, I'm well aware that there was violence and what not in Indiana Jones and Star Wars, but you didn't have the language, and for the most part, you didn't have the sexual themes. The worst you really got was Leia's slave girl outfit in RotJ. And those franchises weren't built ON THAT CONTENT. Avatar is all about the Na'vi, which are shown to wear next to nothing in the movies. It's just little things like that. Stuff you can't leave out in Avatar that you could leave out from their other franchises.

Also, I know Fantasyland is based almost entirely on attractions that were inspired by movies that were based on fairy tales. However, that was Disney's own content. I don't think Disney should license other content that isn't entirely unique. Also, the similarities between Avatar and the other movies (okay, I'll say it - Dances With Wolves) is extreme. There's very few differences in the actual plot lines, etc. of Avatar. All it really has different is the time frame and race of creatures. Star Wars borrowed from various other stories, legends and archetypes to create as unique a story line as possible. So did Indiana Jones.