Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone ever use RCI points at a Disney resort?

Infinitely jealous of whomever snags/snagged it. Yesterday on RCI's website I saw a 2BR at AKV for CHRISTMAS!!! Check in was Dec 21 for 7 nights.

2. # ADS

so, let me get this straight... DVC owners that own points off wdw have to wait until 7 months out to book at WDW but other timeshare can trade in 10 months out??? I this is true, it stinks. no wonder it's getting more difficult to get anything really good unless you're on the phone at the crack of dawn exactly 7 months out... I'll be happy when the grandkids have all outgrown it and I can use my points in Europe more, and Tahoe! rofl.
    the only way I would buy DVC now is to buy resale.

LPnerd

Quote Originally Posted by LPnerd View Post
    so, let me get this straight... DVC owners that own points off wdw have to wait until 7 months out to book at WDW but other timeshare can trade in 10 months out??? I this is true, it stinks. no wonder it's getting more difficult to get anything really good unless you're on the phone at the crack of dawn exactly 7 months out... I'll be happy when the grandkids have all outgrown it and I can use my points in Europe more, and Tahoe! rofl.
    the only way I would buy DVC now is to buy resale.
    I can only trade in if a DVC owner trades out. Typically what's deposited is September or late August during hurricane season.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... well sept is by far the best, as the parks are empty and the not so scarey Halloween party is on too. we are going in Sept. I live in Hilton Head SC now, but lived on the gulf coast of Fl. for 20 some odd years so we spent much time at the parks. heres a tip. disney built the newer bigger resort hotels to withstand a cat 3 storm without damage. also, the world has it's own fire dept, electric company and generators on site built in to each hotel. IN short, fl. residents board up and head to the world in time of storms so don't let them scare you off. PLus the weather is usually affected for a couple days tops, post storm it's beautiful. From the pool. it can be hot and humid. we love Dis and September!
    I was there for a couple storms, in fact I have been there all but one time it was closed... I swear this is not my fault, LOL> we were there for sept 11th too.

LPnerd

We stayed at the BCV for 2 weeks last September through RCI. Loved it!

Visiting WDW Since 1982

Right now it's almost too late for September reservations. You might see a few pop up here and there. But about 3 or 4 weeks ago there were about 120 weeks available in at least five different resorts, all in September. I doubt you will see any other month like that.

I've seen a few out there for December already, mostly in Saratoga Springs and Old Key West. Nothing in January yet.

Stan