Quantcast Steve Russo - January/February 2012 - Beach Club Villas - Page 3
  Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World | User Reviews | Travel
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 73 of 73

Thread: Steve Russo - January/February 2012 - Beach Club Villas

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryfmScotland View Post
    Hi Steve,

    Sent you a Private Message.

    Cheers the Evil Genious. (LOL. - I'm a wimp really.)
    Oooh send one to me too, just because I am also UK, there are only about 5 of us UK people here regularly posting and I will pull on any extra thing I can, however spurious, to know your secret!!!! It's really not because I just want to know. It's really because I want to use it! I love WDW. I work horrible hours to get there every 2 to 3 years and I have NO SHAME in scamming the system after all my efforts of you can help me

    PS. When is your August 2012 trip? We could meet up for a pint and a fast past scam. Team Scoobydooby next do Disney August 2012, 15th - 29th.
     

    If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Location
    Posts
     

  3. #52
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePad Community Leader
    srusso100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcrdh View Post
    Steve,

    So sorry about Gunnar. I know many of us share your pain with the loss of a beloved family member/pet.

    I really enjoyed your trip report. I always look forward to them and this one did not disappoint. My husband eventually had to aske about my giggling and I was compelled to share some of my favorite parts. I totally "get" your sense of humor and even share some of your Park Peeves.

    Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, insight and humor. The photos were just the icing on the cake!
    Finally! Someone who "gets" my humor. I always knew you were out there. Thanks, Michelle.
    Steve

  4. #53

    My family is joining you in mourning. We unexpectedly lost our black Lab, Moxie, on Friday night. It such a hard thing to lose them...

    just can't get enough of disney

  5. #54
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePad Community Leader
    srusso100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaandroo View Post
    My family is joining you in mourning. We unexpectedly lost our black Lab, Moxie, on Friday night. It such a hard thing to lose them...
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I know only too well the sorrow you feel.
    Steve

  6. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by srusso100 View Post
    Finally! Someone who "gets" my humor.
    You know I get you, bro!
    Dan
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

  7. #56

    steve in rereading your report about the lady who recalled a time when 2 buses bumped & guests became LIVID . allow me my story @ p.o.f.q. this past dec. after all these years i know that bus service to epcot in the afternoon is not going to be prompt why ? no clue. i have learned that if i am in a hurry to either drive or take a cab. i was in no hurry this day & was shocked to see the bus stop packed. @ 2:00 bus after bus for m.k. a.k. hs. dtd . came & went . people started screaming @ the drivers that they had been waiting for over 45 min. .you see they were all going to early seating for the candlelight dinner. men srarted going to the lobby asking for help & came back muttering curse words & threatening harm to the manager. i saw a nice family waiting , the kids crying & offered to pay for a cab for them . they refused. finally @ 3:00 the bus came & the driver was verbally assusalted . we left f.q. standing room only for you guessed it p.o.riverside where a large mob with tar & feathers & pitchforks were waiting . do you know that driver made all 5 stops at riverside. no one getting off & no one could get on . by the time we arrived at epcot some people had been waiting for over 2 hours . you can plan all you want . but you can not plan for that. btw i was the last one to leave the bus & spoke to a very shaken driver. he had no idea as he had just started his shift & we were his first stop.


  8. #57
    Registered User Bkwrm3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado

    I laughed until I cried while reading your very entertaining trip report, Steve. And I am so sorry for your loss; Gunnar sounds like he was a very special member of the family. It's never easy and there are no decent words to say how much our furry kids are missed when they're gone. He had a great home and family with the Russo clan.
    Thanks for writing and making my day brighter.
    Sharon


  9. #58
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePad Community Leader
    srusso100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    You know I get you, bro!
    I know you do... ;-)
    Steve

  10. #59
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePad Community Leader
    srusso100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by relaaxedwheniamthere View Post
    steve in rereading your report about the lady who recalled a time when 2 buses bumped & guests became LIVID . allow me my story @ p.o.f.q. this past dec. after all these years i know that bus service to epcot in the afternoon is not going to be prompt why ? no clue. i have learned that if i am in a hurry to either drive or take a cab. i was in no hurry this day & was shocked to see the bus stop packed. @ 2:00 bus after bus for m.k. a.k. hs. dtd . came & went . people started screaming @ the drivers that they had been waiting for over 45 min. .you see they were all going to early seating for the candlelight dinner. men srarted going to the lobby asking for help & came back muttering curse words & threatening harm to the manager. i saw a nice family waiting , the kids crying & offered to pay for a cab for them . they refused. finally @ 3:00 the bus came & the driver was verbally assusalted . we left f.q. standing room only for you guessed it p.o.riverside where a large mob with tar & feathers & pitchforks were waiting . do you know that driver made all 5 stops at riverside. no one getting off & no one could get on . by the time we arrived at epcot some people had been waiting for over 2 hours . you can plan all you want . but you can not plan for that. btw i was the last one to leave the bus & spoke to a very shaken driver. he had no idea as he had just started his shift & we were his first stop.
    I can certainly understand being a bit angry when waiting extended periods for transportation. It's happened to all of us at one time or another and seems worse when you see multiple buses/boats for other destinations. That can be worse yet when you're running late for a reservation. But none of that gives anyone the right to be abusive to another person, particularly one that's just doing his or her job.
    Steve

  11. #60
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePad Community Leader
    srusso100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkwrm3 View Post
    I laughed until I cried while reading your very entertaining trip report, Steve. And I am so sorry for your loss; Gunnar sounds like he was a very special member of the family. It's never easy and there are no decent words to say how much our furry kids are missed when they're gone. He had a great home and family with the Russo clan.
    Thanks for writing and making my day brighter.
    Sharon

    Hi Sharon,
    Thank you for those very nice words.
    Steve

  12. #61

    First of all, I am so sorry for your loss. My girlfriend just lost her shepard and has had a hard go of it too. My best wishes for you and your family.

    Next~can I just say I love your reports! They are humorous without being over the top and very enteraining. I have to agree that people just don't respect queue manners or personal space very much any more and the absolute worst meal I have ever had (on property and possibly off)was at the ABC Commissary. I love that you are able to include so much detail in your reports. I took two trips "home" last year and still haven't posted my reports! I will blame it on having a 2-year old and deciding to go back to school while I am still working full time. I hope to get them together soon though! We are going back in September and booked a room at the Beach Club Villas for the first night because we have never been able to enjoy Stormalong Bay and my little one loves the water~can't wait!

    Thank you so much for the effort that goes into all of your reports (now I am off to check out your pics)!

    "Laughter is America's most important export."
    ~Walt Disney

     
     

  13. #62
    Registered User kuchfam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Arnprior, Ontario Canada

    Enjoyed your trip report as usual Steve. I love how you write. Also, fantastic pictures! Especially love the ones of the tiger and of course Gunnar. I also want to say I'm sorry to hear about Gunnar. We have a dog as well and they are you family - baby - your best friend. I think it's because you love them unconditionally. They can't talk to you so they can't tick you off. The are always - ALWAYS happy to see you even if you've only been gone 10 minutes! It's just different from people somehow. My heart hurt for you when I read of Gunnar's passing.

    Life is magical at Walt Disney World!

  14. #63
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePad Community Leader
    srusso100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderfulshana View Post
    First of all, I am so sorry for your loss. My girlfriend just lost her shepard and has had a hard go of it too. My best wishes for you and your family.

    Next~can I just say I love your reports! They are humorous without being over the top and very enteraining. I have to agree that people just don't respect queue manners or personal space very much any more and the absolute worst meal I have ever had (on property and possibly off)was at the ABC Commissary. I love that you are able to include so much detail in your reports. I took two trips "home" last year and still haven't posted my reports! I will blame it on having a 2-year old and deciding to go back to school while I am still working full time. I hope to get them together soon though! We are going back in September and booked a room at the Beach Club Villas for the first night because we have never been able to enjoy Stormalong Bay and my little one loves the water~can't wait!

    Thank you so much for the effort that goes into all of your reports (now I am off to check out your pics)!
    Thank you very much. Enjoy that trip in September.
    Steve

  15. #64
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePad Community Leader
    srusso100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by kuchfam View Post
    Enjoyed your trip report as usual Steve. I love how you write. Also, fantastic pictures! Especially love the ones of the tiger and of course Gunnar. I also want to say I'm sorry to hear about Gunnar. We have a dog as well and they are you family - baby - your best friend. I think it's because you love them unconditionally. They can't talk to you so they can't tick you off. The are always - ALWAYS happy to see you even if you've only been gone 10 minutes! It's just different from people somehow. My heart hurt for you when I read of Gunnar's passing.
    Thanks so much. You've summed up my feelings about Gunnar nicely.
    Steve

  16. #65

    Steve,

    Wonderful trip report as always!

    I know that I expressed my sympathy on Facebook, but it is worth repeating..........I am so, so sorry about Gunnar. I have to say that I saw my Dad tear up twice in his 61 years of life. The first was when we had to put our family dog down. We got her when I was 2 and she passed when I was 15, so I had grown up with her. Losing a beloved pet is never an easy thing........

    Too bad that Storm Along Bay wasnt completely opened. When we stayed at the Beach Club 1 1/2 years ago, we absolutely LOVED it. There is really nothing like it. Hopefully you stay there again soon and it will be completely open.

    I agree about the late flights home. Its almost a catch 22. When I am at home planning the trip I always think that a later flight is a good idea, because it gives us more time at Disney. However, the reality is, when we wake up that morning, even though we may have the day, the vacation is "over" and we often find ourselves just trying to find things to fill the day. However, we are debating about a Thanksgiving trip and since it would be an especially short trip for Jimmy with his college schedule, I have mentioned getting a late flight home on Sunday, to give him more time. Like I said, it sounds fun when we are at home planning, but usually not so much fun when we are there!!!!

    Hope you are going to get some of the warm weather that NH will be getting this week!

    Heidi


  17. #66
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePad Community Leader
    srusso100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by FortWilderness IsHome View Post
    Steve,

    Wonderful trip report as always!

    I know that I expressed my sympathy on Facebook, but it is worth repeating..........I am so, so sorry about Gunnar. I have to say that I saw my Dad tear up twice in his 61 years of life. The first was when we had to put our family dog down. We got her when I was 2 and she passed when I was 15, so I had grown up with her. Losing a beloved pet is never an easy thing........

    Too bad that Storm Along Bay wasnt completely opened. When we stayed at the Beach Club 1 1/2 years ago, we absolutely LOVED it. There is really nothing like it. Hopefully you stay there again soon and it will be completely open.

    I agree about the late flights home. Its almost a catch 22. When I am at home planning the trip I always think that a later flight is a good idea, because it gives us more time at Disney. However, the reality is, when we wake up that morning, even though we may have the day, the vacation is "over" and we often find ourselves just trying to find things to fill the day. However, we are debating about a Thanksgiving trip and since it would be an especially short trip for Jimmy with his college schedule, I have mentioned getting a late flight home on Sunday, to give him more time. Like I said, it sounds fun when we are at home planning, but usually not so much fun when we are there!!!!

    Hope you are going to get some of the warm weather that NH will be getting this week!

    Heidi
    Heidi,
    Thanks for those kind words re Gunnar. It is getting easier but I don't think we'll ever be totally over it.

    Yes, we're also hoping to get back to the Beach Club again. I would like to enjoy Stormalong Bay without the closure.

    I totally agree about the late flights. It always seems like a good ide when planning. Wait a sec... Jimmy is in college? When did this happen and why do I, all of a sudden, feel so much older?

    We had a couple of cold days Friday and Saturday but should be in the 60s through next Friday. Seems like Spring may actually be here.

    I hope all is well with you.
    Steve

  18. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by srusso100 View Post
    Heidi,
    Thanks for those kind words re Gunnar. It is getting easier but I don't think we'll ever be totally over it.

    Yes, we're also hoping to get back to the Beach Club again. I would like to enjoy Stormalong Bay without the closure.

    I totally agree about the late flights. It always seems like a good ide when planning. Wait a sec... Jimmy is in college? When did this happen and why do I, all of a sudden, feel so much older?

    We had a couple of cold days Friday and Saturday but should be in the 60s through next Friday. Seems like Spring may actually be here.

    I hope all is well with you.
    Yes, Jimmy is in college! I too feel old!!!! It doesnt seem like that long ago, that we were making a bee line for Dumbo at rope drop then straight to Peter Pans Flight to get 3-4 rides in a row, before the line formed!!! Those were the days!! Old time Mouseplanet members have literally "watched" my guys grow up, since I have been doing trip reports since either 2002 or 2003. Yes, time does fly for sure!!

  19. #68

  20. #69

    Hello Steve,
    I loved reading your trip report and enjoyed looking at your photos. Very sorry to hear about your loss of Gunnar. I understand how hard it is to lose a pet.
    Hope you and all the family are well.
    Kerry


  21. #70
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePad Community Leader
    srusso100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by lovdisney View Post
    Hello Steve,
    I loved reading your trip report and enjoyed looking at your photos. Very sorry to hear about your loss of Gunnar. I understand how hard it is to lose a pet.
    Hope you and all the family are well.
    Kerry
    Thanks. Kerry. Yes, we're all well.
    Steve

  22. #71
    Self-proclaimed Diz nut
    MousePad Subscriber
    MousePad Community Leader
    TinaMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    My Old Kentucky Home

    Well, that was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon! I laughed out loud so often that I woke my convalescing mother (hip replacement). Of course, then she wanted to know what was so funny and I read her spits and spots of your trip report.

    The Amish? Well, they could have been Pentecostal Amish (left the "order" but still adhere to some of the dress, leaving them open to electricity and travel) or they could have been Mennonite, who dress very similarly to the Amish but use electricity. I used to live in Indiana near the Amish communities. Just a thought. Perhaps they really were Amish on rumschpringe....

    LOVE the notion that the resort-specific gear is on the way back. Almost all of my souvenir money was spent that way.

    Miss the big canopy in the grassy area. Not that I ever used it, but just that I expected to SEE it. LOL.

    Loved the turkey leg/mickey bar menu/tshirts. VERY funny!!!!

    Kona is one of my favorites. I've paid more for other meals at WDW, but few have been more delicious than those I've had there. I've still never tried breakfast there, but it is a MUST DO for lunch or dinner for us.....

    Ok...the bat picture?????? uh...... (sheepish giggle)

    And finally, so sorry about Gunnar. My fur baby rules my world and I'm proud of that, so I totally understand your grief.

    Looking forward to more reports whenever you happen to get back!

    Working hard for that next WDW trip!

  23. #72
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePad Community Leader
    srusso100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaMouse View Post
    Well, that was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon! I laughed out loud so often that I woke my convalescing mother (hip replacement). Of course, then she wanted to know what was so funny and I read her spits and spots of your trip report.

    The Amish? Well, they could have been Pentecostal Amish (left the "order" but still adhere to some of the dress, leaving them open to electricity and travel) or they could have been Mennonite, who dress very similarly to the Amish but use electricity. I used to live in Indiana near the Amish communities. Just a thought. Perhaps they really were Amish on rumschpringe....

    LOVE the notion that the resort-specific gear is on the way back. Almost all of my souvenir money was spent that way.

    Miss the big canopy in the grassy area. Not that I ever used it, but just that I expected to SEE it. LOL.

    Loved the turkey leg/mickey bar menu/tshirts. VERY funny!!!!

    Kona is one of my favorites. I've paid more for other meals at WDW, but few have been more delicious than those I've had there. I've still never tried breakfast there, but it is a MUST DO for lunch or dinner for us.....

    Ok...the bat picture?????? uh...... (sheepish giggle)

    And finally, so sorry about Gunnar. My fur baby rules my world and I'm proud of that, so I totally understand your grief.

    Looking forward to more reports whenever you happen to get back!
    Thank you.

    Someone else suggested Mennonites and that seems to fit the bill.

    I'm actually headed back next week but it's a shorter trip with some MousePlanet business followed by a few days for "vacation". I'm not sure yet if it will warrant a trip report.
    Steve

  24. #73

    Of course it will warrent a trip report...

    I posted my trip report from my May visit, and I wanted to let you know that I attached a link to pictures. I purchased a Canon similar to yours, and I'm so happy with it... I love that I can take pictures when there's not a lot of light...


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •