Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Race - Any one have any guesses? [Tinker Bell Half Marathon]

New Race - Any one have any guesses? [Tinker Bell Half Marathon]

One of you wonderful people has to have an idea of what this new race is. Is it at DLR or DWR? I can't stand the drama of the teasers and clues!

2. # ADS

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I'm so over the "clues" on Facebook. So.Over.

I'm hoping it's not at WDW. I get that it's a lot easier to have them in Florida where they control so much more of the local real estate, but it would be nice to have something else on the West coast.

I thought the suggestions of a West Coast full marathon sounded very intriguing.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

A west coast full marathon would be a dream come true for me. I want my first full to be a Disney race but my husband is not keen on taking our daughter from San Diego to Florida when she is still a toddler. She will only be 1 1/2 in January.

The idea of a second Princess is cool too though.

The clues seem to be pointing to another WDW race to me.

Anyone heard anything new about this race?

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

swanie has decoded quite a few of the clues and is convinced she knows where it's going to be and the distance but I'll let HER post it if she wants to...

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Well, if AVP is right on with her scoop (and I'm sure she is!)...it looks like some of my decoding on the race clues was right on.

But the real credit goes to one of my running buddies on another site. He word scrambled the theme back in February!

www.RunningoftheEars.com

MA Teams Luck Be a Lady & It's My Way or the Skyway!

So is it a January Tinkerbell Half Marathon? That was suggested on the FB fan page.

Tinker Bell Half Marathon 1/29/12

Half Marathon
    2 person Half Marathon Team
    Never Land Family Fun Run 5K
    Kids Races

www.RunningoftheEars.com

MA Teams Luck Be a Lady & It's My Way or the Skyway!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

RunDisney just posted the official announcement on their website:

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

January 27-29, 2012 Disneyland Resort becomes Never Land for a magical weekend especially for Fairies and Princesses. It starts with a Family 5K and Kids' Races and culminates with a 13.1-mile run that weaves you through Disneyland Resort. Just follow the second star to the right!
    Weekend Events will include:

The highlight is the Inaugural Tinker Bell half marathon, a women-focused race through the Disneyland Resort and Anaheim. This race features a new course with miles 2-3 in Disneyland, and 11.5-12.5 in DCA. This course heads north to Downtown Anaheim (the Center Street Promenade area, where the Anaheim ICE rink is) instead of east to Anaheim stadium.

Sassy, feisty, and fun loving, Tinker Bell is the fairy we all know and love! Celebrate your inner Miss Bell at the new half marathon for women, full of pixie dust and Never, Never Land adventure.
    You can run. You can run. You can run through the Disneyland Resort and historic streets of Anaheim, California on your way to a Fairy Finish where you will earn your wings. Each finisher will receive an exclusive Tinker Bell-inspired Finisher Medal.
    There is also a new 2-person Team division, with team competition.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Bolding by AdK The highlight is the Inaugural Tinker Bell half marathon, a women-focused race through the Disneyland Resort and Anaheim. This race features a new course with miles 2-3 in Disneyland, and 11.5-12.5 in DCA. This course heads north to Downtown Anaheim (the Center Street Promenade area, where the Anaheim ICE rink is) instead of east to Anaheim stadium.
    Damn.

DamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDa mnDamn

I want to be DONE with these. I don't WANT another event to add to my schedule. I don't WANT to train over Christmas.

WHYYYYYYYYYY????

:sigh: Disney is truly evil.

ETA: CRAP. I love the new course. They put the evil hill at the BEGINNING. Get it out of the way entirely within the first mile. crap crap crap.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So they have WDW full and half in early January,
    Tinkerbell half in DL in late January
    Princess half in WDW in February
    DL half in Sept
    Wine & Dine half at night in October in WDW

And unless they change things up, 2 of them don't help get you a C2C medal (Tinkerbell or Wine & Dine) I don't get why they didn't put it into the post-Easter, pre-summer time frame, to spread their events out a little bit!

Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    And unless they change things up, 2 of them don't help get you a C2C medal (Tinkerbell or Wine & Dine) I don't get why they didn't put it into the post-Easter, pre-summer time frame, to spread their events out a little bit!
    Ok, so here's me: Tink in January, Princess in February/March. Are they gonna do a Women's Race Coast-to-Coast?? Will Tink COUNT as a C2C??? Not that I'm going to C2C again anytime soon, but I'm curious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    ETA: CRAP. I love the new course. They put the evil hill at the BEGINNING. Get it out of the way entirely within the first mile. crap crap crap.
    There isn't an evil hill at mile 6?
    Cathy

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Ok, so here's me: Tink in January, Princess in February/March. Are they gonna do a Women's Race Coast-to-Coast?? Will Tink COUNT as a C2C??? Not that I'm going to C2C again anytime soon, but I'm curious.
    Patience, grasshopper, I'll find out everything at the press conference.

In fact, if anyone has any questions about this race, post them here and I'll try to get answers for you.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Not unless they change things. Because the big thing with the C2C was that you had to get the MEDAL at DL in Sept. That's why you couldn't do DL in Sept and Wine & Dine in Oct and earn a C2C.
    Cathy

Wish Upon A Star Mommy2NicknMax's Avatar

I'm in for the new race! So now I've got Goofy and three weeks later, Tinkerbell. I'm thinking about dropping the Surf City 1/2 though since it is the weekend after Tinkerbell. <sigh>

Wish Upon A Star Mommy2NicknMax's Avatar

As far as the C2C, according to Disney's site the Tinker Bell 1/2 counts towards it. So that means I'll get the C2C in Jan. Weird. Sept's race is going to feel really different next year without that 2nd medal.

I don't WANT to train over Christmas.
    At least you don't have to train in the snow and single digit temperatures. Just sayin'.

I have not even done one 1/2 and now I am signed up for two. *keels over*

Doing the Disneyland 1/2 in September with my mom and the Tinkerbell 1/2 in January with my girlfriend.

Said girlfriend wanted to do the Disneyland 1/2 and is on the waiting list, but made me sign up for Tinkerbell right away so she knew we would get in. If that counts for the C2C maybe we can do the Wine in Sept. 2012 for the completion.

that would be fun! (if I dont die first)

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm interested in the medal information. Sis and I are doing the WDW half in Jan.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

The combination of any WDW half or full (Marathon weekend events, Princess, or Wine and Dine) AND one Disneyland half (Tinker Bell or September) will get you a Coast to Coast. You may only earn one C2C in a year.

Blog Entries

Steph, are you sure about Wine & Dine? If so, that's new. Last year people who did DL in Sept and Wine & Dine in Oct were NOT eligible for C2C. You HAD to do both events in the same calendar year AND you had to do the second event at DL in September.

Cathy

Sweet! Maybe I can earn a C2C in 2012.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

"Women-focused" =/= women-only, right? So men can enter, too, as long as they're willing to wear pink tutus? They need to give away pretty necklaces instead of medals, like they do for the SF Nike women's marathon (they give away a Tiffany necklace).

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.