Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: MouseAdventure Card Games [March 11 (competitive) & March 25 (DATP)] -- Roll Call

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Hi teams,
    we started a new thread where you can post your thoughts about yesterday (once you recover).

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

2. # ADS

Do we have any idea what the schedule/timing of the Day at the Park event is going to be? Thanks!

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

The Lost Boys (... And Girls) VickDawg's Avatar

The Lost Boys (...and Girls) are in the house!!! Feel like forever since the last MA and we are stoked to participate! I'm pregnant this time around so I think the DATP is a better pace team LBAG! Woop woop! Can't wait to see you all !

Sorry to ask again, but we are trying to make plans for next weekend. When will the schedule for Day at the Park be released, or has it been released and I missed it?

2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k

Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    Sorry to ask again, but we are trying to make plans for next weekend. When will the schedule for Day at the Park be released, or has it been released and I missed it?
    Tentative schedule:
    9:30 am Sign-in begins at the Paradise Pier Hotel; team photos
    10:00 am Event starts
    6:00 pm Event ends
    - Julie

Loving my sweet pea.

30% chance of rain for Anaheim on Sunday...

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THpoohbear View Post
    30% chance of rain for Anaheim on Sunday...
    If we all bring umbrellas - it won't rain!

But... if it does... the teams who played last time found that purchasing and bringing card holders was VERY helpful for making sure they didn't lose anything -- and it will keep your cards from getting wet.
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwel View Post
    If we all bring umbrellas - it won't rain!

But... if it does... the teams who played last time found that purchasing and bringing card holders was VERY helpful for making sure they didn't lose anything -- and it will keep your cards from getting wet.
    We were one of the teams with card holders. The first time we used sleeves was for rain gear games and we found it really helpful. Especially since if you make a mistake you can just re-sleeve the card and start over.

I would point out that if you are planning on rain and want to write directly on the card sleeves, you will want something that is water resistant. We use grease pencils aka china markers. They can be found in most office supply stores but you do have to look for them.

As a bonus, if you use your markers to write your answers on the scorecard, the MouseAdventure staff will laugh at the use of crayon when they start grading. See here or here (plus Adk's response immediately following).

Loving my sweet pea.

Thanks for the tips! I don't think I can find card sleeves in my area. I heard someone got them at walmart, but my walmart is lame. I looked extensively online but can't get them here fast enough. I did find this at office depot and may purchase that, but the back is solid. Will that matter?

Thanks for the grease pencils idea. I've been wondering what to use. I will look at office depot. If I ask for china markers will they know what I'm talking about? Will regular crayon work?

I also brought sleeves for rain gear games but didn't find them as helpful because we just had regular pen and pencil and so had to take them in and out. As soon as the paper got a little wet it was impossible to get it back in the sheet.

I'm super excited for this format, but kind of already am questioning my enjoyment due to pregnancy fatigue. I'm in the first trimester and the fatigue has been crushing. My team mate already knows I may not be able to finish the game. The rain is seriously dampening my spirits. And I usually love rain. Sigh.

The hourly forcast is saying 50% and 60% in the afternoon.

Loving my sweet pea.

Ah! China Markers! I've never heard of them. I must live in a shell. According to Officedepot.com, they have black or red in stores. All the pretty colors are sold online only. I really appreciate that tip.

Card sleeves *should* be fairly easy to find. We were able to use ours from when we played Magic, but I have heard that some of the extreme couponers now like them which would make them more mass marketable. Look for them where they have baseball cards/ collectible card games. Alternatively, try to find a sports card store near you and they should have them in stock and be able to provide better customer service. I would not recommend a solid back.

Regular crayons do not work, and especially not the crayons that they sell in the gift shop of the Disney Paradise Pier Hotel ballroom. Regular sharpies work on the plastic, but are not water proof and will stop working if you get them wet.

I was able to get someone to point out where a China Marker was, but that could have just been lucky. I swear I had searched the area and didn't see them. I did have to buy a box of 12, but they weren't horribly expensive.

Loving my sweet pea.

I live in the middle of the black hole of shopping. Unless you are looking for an Asian store or restaurant, there just isn't much here. Finding and driving to a game store is out of the range of possibility for me today/tomorrow. My team mate is going to look at Walmart tomorrow. Hopefully that turns up something. A few years ago I tried really hard to find a game shop within an hour's drive of me, and came up with nothing! I'll give a quick search and probably have to let it go.

Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm very excited about the prospect of China Markers!

I am Root. Bow before me!
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

We put the station card sets in the card holders, and I got ours from Staples.

Never argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    I will believe it is a crisis when the people claiming it is a crisis start acting like it is a crisis.
    I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

Loving my sweet pea.

Thank you Tony!

Our team just had a telephone conference- we are gearing up for RainGear Games Version 2.0! Hoping we remember the lessons from last time. Hopefully this should clear out some of the crowds that were otherwise expected.