Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Korkis Korner: Summer Magic in Town Square

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Korkis Korner: Summer Magic in Town Square

Summer Magic in Town Square by Jim Korkis

Jim goes behind the stores on Main Street and finds beautiful Beulah, Maine.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Thumbs up Great article! Summer Magic was a wonderful film.

Great article! Summer Magic was a wonderful film. I had no idea that mainstreet had any connection to the movie other than the songs you would hear in the background. It's too bad that they seem to be slowly doing away with some of the stories behind these places. Does anyone have a picture of the original sign outside the shop or the silhouette portraits you mentioned?

I enjoyed the article immensely! It's a shame the parks are losing little by little those extra touches that made them so special. The Main St Summer Magic references are just some of them. I also especially hate how the interior of the Main St Cinema at WDW has been gutted to sell more crap.

It was in 2006 when I finally slowed down enough (with a cinnamon roll in hand) to really listen to the music and MainStreet. I was pleasantly surprised to hear "Beautiful Beulah" and "Flitterin" while sitting there. I told my wife what the music was - and she clearly had never seen the movie. I do love the feel of Summer Magic - as if that time were the best of times. After hearing the movie's songs, I began to appreciate Main Street USA a lot more. Thanks for the article. I think I'll pop this one in the DVD player tonight... for the kids, of course

Back Stories Are Nice

While back stories are nice, they are of little intererst to most guests. For the small minority that enjoy that sort of thing perhaps they could start a Facebook page and discuss such matters. The rest of us will not envy your hobby.

Blog Entries

Awe! Summer Magic! One of my most favorite, yet not as well-known, Disney movies. How fun to know all of that backstory about Main Street and the hat shop, etc. Too bad it's all but been removed. I love pointing out those kind of Disney secrets to friends and family when we go. Oh well. Nice to read more about the movie too - it really is a fun story and the music is great. I'm even planning to sing "On the Front Porch" to my parents for their upcoming anniversary party. "Femininity" is a fun song too! Gotta love a good Haley Mills movie.

WDW June 1990-Buena Vista Palace, DL Aug 2001-Pasadena House, DL June 2006-Paradise Pier, DL June 2007-Paradise Pier, WDW Dec 2008-Royal Plaza, DL Nov 2011-Best Western Courtesy Inn, DL July 2012-Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, DL May 2013-Holiday Inn on Walnut, PENDING DL Aug 2013 D23 Expo-Best Western Raffels