Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: MousePlanet Group volunteer opportunity for the Disneyland 1/2

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

MousePlanet Group volunteer opportunity for the Disneyland 1/2

I've been talking with some non-runner Padders about forming a "MousePlanet-cheers" (get it, get it?!?) group for upcoming races. It was a bit late to get anything organized for Tink, but since I know some of you have already decided you're not going to register for the Disneyland half this year, maybe this would be a good time and race to start?

If we can get 15 people to commit to the same date, we can be assigned as a group, either to a specific water station or something like that. I'm planning on running the Half in September, so I'm going to nominate Adrienne Krock as the point person for this one if she's willing.

A bonus I didn't know about for volunteers - if you work two shifts, you get a one-day park ticket. Can someone who has received one tell me if they are upgradeable? That would be a nice down-payment on the annual pass renewal.

Thoughts?

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

I love this idea, and I would so do this!! I only intended to run one half, and was coerced into doing Tink (#2) with my bff. I told my buddies today that I was pretty sure it was my last one. They're going to keep on, though, so I love the idea of being involved and supportive without actually getting blisters! I think the volunteers really enhance the experience (and I told as many as I could today!). It would be great to be one of the people who makes the race more fun. So...yes!

To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Actually, I would consider doing this. I was hoping to be a cheerleader on the sidelines with clever signs. ("Worst Parade Ever." "Your Feet Hurt Because You're Kicking BUTT." "Hey, I had to work hard to make this sign, too!") But I was also thinking it could be fun to volunteer somewhere.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Blog Entries

I would be interested. Can't confirm 100%. Will depend on the almond crop.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Actually, I would consider doing this. I was hoping to be a cheerleader on the sidelines with clever signs. ("Worst Parade Ever." "Your Feet Hurt Because You're Kicking BUTT." "Hey, I had to work hard to make this sign, too!") But I was also thinking it could be fun to volunteer somewhere.
    Well, you could always organize a group volunteer time at the Expo on Saturday, and have race day off to go out onto the course... set up a little MousePlanet-cheers camp somewhere! ;o)

AVP

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermommy View Post
    I love this idea, and I would so do this!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I would be interested.
    Woot!

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

i might be able to talk DH in to this but is there a age limit? He'd have the girls! they will be 9 and 12 at that time. I think they would have a blast yelling and chEARing people on!

I'll do it.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is a great idea! I've already decided to volunteer for any future DL races that I don't participate in. I have tremendous amounts of gratitude for the volunteers. I'll be running in September though.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

I would be interested!! Is there an age limit? DD might like to do this also.

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I don't know yet if there's an age limit. Here's what I DO know:

The limit isn't 18 because I've seen plenty of teenagers as volunteers, and I know some local groups in town who send volunteers to the marathons. I also know that the age limit for the event itself it 14. But I don't know if that connects to volunteering.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Quote Originally Posted by dlfansx4 View Post
    I would be interested!! Is there an age limit? DD might like to do this also.
    "Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age for the EXPO and 12 years of age for RACE DAY. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have parental/guardian consent."

That's from last year's guidelines, but I imagine the requirements won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    "Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age for the EXPO and 12 years of age for RACE DAY. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have parental/guardian consent."

That's from last year's guidelines, but I imagine the requirements won't change.
    But they can still cheer even if they aren't volunteers.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

Looks like I'm off that weekend so I could gor for that!

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

If they hold the Tinkerbell 1/2 in 2014, my son will run. The rest of us would like to volunteer. Does anyone know how we would go about doing this? Thanks for the info

home of the free because of the brave

Quote Originally Posted by disnymom View Post
    If they hold the Tinkerbell 1/2 in 2014, my son will run. The rest of us would like to volunteer. Does anyone know how we would go about doing this? Thanks for the info
    Information will be up on the RunDisney website.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Quote Originally Posted by disnymom View Post
    It's still really early to be discussing volunteering at the Tinker Bell half. The best way to stay informed is to get on the runDisney mailing list through their website. Once registration for the event opens, you can start checking periodically for information on signing up to volunteer.

Wish Upon A Star Mommy2NicknMax's Avatar

Volunteer registration for the DL 1/2 opened today for anyone interested.

Is there a group for volunteering at Disneyland Half Marathon 2012? I am interested in being a part of a group. i can do it on Friday pm, and all day saturday. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Can someone who has received one tell me if they are upgradeable? That would be a nice down-payment on the annual pass renewal.

AVP
    According to the CM I just spoke to at the AP helpline, the volunteer tix are not upgradeable because there is no cash value attached to them.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Just FYI, I've asked Disney for information about volunteer opportunities, and I'm waiting for a reply.

AVP