Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Best Signature Sandwiches

The Best Signature Sandwiches

Disneyland has always been a magical place with my friends and family. Ever since my grandfather visited Disneyland on Opening Day in 1955 my family has gone at least once every year and I find myself planning 3-4 trips now each year.

Anyway I have read countless general reviews of the many eateries of the park and have wanted to become more involved in the Disney Community as well. I am planning to begin writing in depth reviews with great supporting pictures of not just the eateries but individual dishes that will make it easier for future guests to visualize and mentally/visually experience a menu before they arrive.

I thought I would start with something simple like the Top 10 Sandwiches on the Disney Property in California. Including Disneyland, DCA, Disney Hotels, and Downtown Disney. Then as I did m research I found out there are at least 58 different Sandwiches in Disneyland / DCA / Disney HOoels alone; followed by at least another 64 in Downtown Disney. They can include Sandwiches, Burgers, Wraps....

So my primary reason posting is for all of your advice. I have my favorites but I would like to see what the community thinks. I will be at Disneyland from Feb 28 - Mar 2 (specifically for the 24 hour Leap Day Events) and will be writing, photographing, and video recording my reviews at this time.

I hope you will be able to help me out with your suggestions. Thanks so much and I am glad to be a part of the community.

2. # ADS

hmm

Best Snacks Overall according to me:

Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans
    Anything, but especially the nachos at White Water Snacks at the Grand California Hotel and near the hotel's California Adventure entrance
    Dole Whip at the Enchanted Tiki Room
    Kabob at the Bengal Barb E Que
    Regular Churro
    Popcorn
    Paradise Grill Skewer
    Blu Bayou Steak dish
    Trattoria Chicken Pasta dish, which is part of the World of Color menu
    Corn Dog from the Main Street Corn Dog truck
    Sampler dish at the Trader Sams Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland hotel

Your Ultimate Guide to the Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofadventure View Post

I thought I would start with something simple like the Top 10 Sandwiches on the Disney Property in California.
    Great idea. Look forward to reading your results.

Since the kids are always in tow I don't get to branch out and try various places a whole lot - we usually stick to the tried and true counter service places we know appeal to the whole fam. However, I'm hoping your article directs me to a few spots and sandwiches I can stop in to grab a burger or whatever to go when I simply can't. take. another. meal at Pizza Port. Gheez.

It probably won't (and probably shouldn't) make your top 10 but Taste Pilots serves a decent burger. Well who knows the burger may be below average but the sauce makes up for it. On their condiment tray is freshly stocked Thousand Island or some such. Very In-n-Outish. It's all about the sauce and that stuff is off the chain.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Thanks Midway Maniac I hope my reviews help others out to. Actually your not the first to suggest TPG yet in DCA. Another individual suggested the Wild Bleu Yonder Burger from there (which I will also tally you under unless you have a different one there you prefer.)

I appreciate all the feedback, and hope you guys keep it coming so far I have received the following feedback for the best options for me to review:

Traditional Monte Cristo - Blue Bayou/Caf Orleans @ Disneyland - 5
    Contributors: Brisal73(MP), helenb(DIS), DizFan13(DIS), pixiewings71(DIS), QuiConJ(MC)

Fried Green Tomato Sandwich - Hungry Bear Restaurant @ Disneyland - 3
    Contributors: SarafinaPink(DIS), ArchOwl(DIS), ErikInTheCity(MC)

Cochon de Lait Po-Boy - Jazz Kitchen @ Downtown Disney - 2
    Contributors: ArchOwl(DIS), chris001(MC)

Wild Bleu Yonder Burger - Taste Pilots Grill @ Disneyland's California Adventure - 2
    Contributors: SarafinaPink(DIS), MidwayManiac(MP)

Angus 1/3 lb. Pastrami Cheeseburger - Village Haus @ Disneyland - 1
    Contributors: DisneyDreams2012(MC)

Zone Cheesesteak - ESPN Zone @ Downtown Disney - 1
    Contributors: calsig31(MC)

Bamba's Barbecue Wrap - Rainforest Caf @ Downtown Disney - 1

Hot Angus Roast Beef on Toasted Onion Roll - Jolly Holiday @ Disneyland - 1
    Contributors: DisneyGoof(MC)

Chicken Waldorf on Brioche - Jolly Holiday @ Disneyland - 1

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    So my primary reason posting is for all of your advice. I have my favorites but I would like to see what the community thinks. I will be at Disneyland from Feb 28 - Mar 2 (specifically for the 24 hour Leap Day Events) and will be writing, photographing, and video recording my reviews at this time.
    Where are you publishing these?
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

hope you guys keep it coming so far I have received the following feedback for the best options for me to review:

Fried Green Tomato Sandwich - Hungry Bear Restaurant @ Disneyland - 3

Oh I see. In that case I vote for this sandwich as well. I could do without the sweet potato fries unless they're hot which they're usually not.

Another good one I've had worth mentioning is the Guacamole Burger at Rainforest Cafe. I mean c'mon it's got bacon. 'nuff said.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Hi adriennek, primarily they will be posted to the forums under their proper sections for Restaurant Reviews so everyone can enjoy them. Any video reviews I record will be posted on YouTube and linked to in the forum description for that appropriate review. I hope to add them all to my blog as well.

I just think with great photos, descriptions, and even video everyone will be able to enjoy the review of the different menu items even more and have a better idea of the order before they get it. : )

@MidwayManiac, thanks for the input. I will also add the Guacamole Burger to the list. Ya I have not had sweet potato fries yet at Disneyland. I saw them in a review by A Mouse and a Dream on YouTube and they looked interesting to try.

I won't post this list anymore so I do not clog up the posts, hopefully I can get some more input from you guys : ) to help me better decide want to try and review. Thanks for your help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE: 1/25/2012 12:15 PM - Below is the current running tally of the top suggestions for my review.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    14 Different Sandwiches with 26 Votes

Traditional Monte Cristo - Blue Bayou/Caf Orleans @ Disneyland - 5
    Contributors: Brisal73(MP), helenb(DIS), DizFan13(DIS), pixiewings71(DIS), QuiConJ(MC)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Fried Green Tomato Sandwich - Hungry Bear Restaurant @ Disneyland - 4
    Contributors: SarafinaPink(DIS), ArchOwl(DIS), ErikInTheCity(MC), dland_lover(MC)
    Wild Bleu Yonder Burger - Taste Pilots Grill @ Disneyland's California Adventure - 4
    Contributors: SarafinaPink(DIS), MidwayManiac(MP), skiingfast(DIS), pixiewings71(DIS)
    Cochon de Lait Po-Boy - Jazz Kitchen @ Downtown Disney - 2
    Contributors: ArchOwl(DIS), chris001(MC)
    Chicken Waldorf on Brioche - Jolly Holiday @ Disneyland - 2
    Contributors: DisneyGoof(MC), dland_lover(MC)
    Angus 1/3 lb. Pastrami Cheeseburger - Village Haus @ Disneyland - 2
    Contributors: DisneyDreams2012(MC), blackjackdelta(DIS)
    Zone Cheesesteak - ESPN Zone @ Downtown Disney - 1
    Bamba's Barbecue Wrap - Rainforest Caf @ Downtown Disney - 1
    Hot Angus Roast Beef on Toasted Onion Roll - Jolly Holiday @ Disneyland - 1
    Guacamole Burger - Rainforest Caf @ Downtown Disney - 1
    Contributors: MidwayManiac(MP)
    Char-broiled Chicken Sandwich - White Water Snacks @ Grand Californian - 1
    Contributors: skiingfast(DIS)
    Three Cheese Monte Cristo Sandwich - Caf Orleans @ Disneyland - 1
    Contributors: swampymarsh(MC)
    River Belle's Roast New York - River Belle Terrace @ Disneyland - 1
    Contributors: bekkiz(DIS)
    Angus Beef Bacon Avocado Cheeseburger - La Brea Bakery @ Downtown Disney - 1
    Contributors: bayouguy(MC)

I vote for the 3 cheese Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans!

Siggy aka Jill

@SigalTchelet Thanks for your input I will add your tally to the 3 Cheese Monte Cristo.

You may as well forget about reviewing anything on Mainstreet that isn't at the Jolly Holliday place, since everywhere else there is closed until Spring, and you'll be arriving and leaving a bit early to see them open. It's a shame, because there are some nice selections at the Carnation Cafe, at least. The Blue Ribbon Bakery had some nice things too, but I can't remember if they had any sandwins.

There is a grilled chicken sandwhich at Rainforest Cafe that was fantastic. I wish I remembered what it was called, as I'd like to have it again next time I'm in the area. It was one of the better sandwhiches I feel I've had. I'm not much of a sandwhich fan, but that one hit the mark squarely.

Tomorrowland Terrace serves a decent cheeseburger.

My fiance raves about the turkey poboy sandwin at the Jazz Kitchen. It must be good, because she doesn't like turkey. I don't like turkey, either, and thus have never asked for a bite to judge for myself.

@trypticon Ya it is a shame about Carnation Caf and the majority of Main Street but those reviews will come at a later time. At Rainforest Cafe there is only one chicken sandwich listed on their menu which is the Blue Mountain Chicken Sandwich. It sounds delicious as I read through its toppings. Tommorowland Terrace would be the Classic Angus 1/3 lb. Cheeseburger. I looked through the Jazz Kitchen and Jazz Kitchen Express menu and found the Cajun Turkey & Cheese Po-Boy which must be the one your fianc has. Thank you again for your suggestions as I am adding them to my list.

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So for grins I just have to ask. If I have a hamburger autographed by a character does that make it a Signature Sandwiche?

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

@SigalTchelet Thanks for your input I will add your tally to the 3 Cheese Monte Cristo.
    You're welcome. You might also want to check out this: Angus 1/3 lb Pastrami Cheeseburger - Angus Chuck Burger with Pastrami, Swiss cheese, caramelized onions and mild creamy horseradish sauce. $10.49 at the Village House in Fantasyland. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good!!!
    Siggy aka Jill

@DwarfPlanet Very funny

@SigalTchelet Someone It does sound very tasty. I will add your vote and its currently ranked #4 on my list of 17 possibilities although in the end only the top 10 will be chosen for review.

My votes: the Monte Cristo Sandwich at Cafe Orleans and the new Toasted Cheese Sandwich at the Jolly Holiday Cafe!!

@lovechows Thanks for the input I will add your Monte Cristo vote, and your the first vote for the Toasted Cheese sandwich. I will have to look into that. I think its the Caprese sandwich on their menu.

I really like the River Belle's Roast New York

Heading to DLR July '15!

@ogold72 Thanks, I have added your vote to the list.

Oh I was coming in this thread to also vote for the Toasted Cheese sandwich. Word on the street is that you should ask them for a fresh one as opposed to the ones sitting in the warmer Just an FYI! Looking forward to reading your reviews.

Just an opinion, but I would consider limiting the list to items only available at the Resort. Are the sandwiches at, say, Rainforest Cafe only available at that location? Otherwise you're just wasting your time reviewing food available anywhere in the chain.

I love the Uva Burger at the Uva Bar. I'm going through serious withdrawals! Luckily I'll be there in 10 more days to satisfy my hunger.

Just got back and I can't wait until our next trip so that I can go Geocaching at Disneyland!

@jananafish Thanks I am adding your vote as we speak.

@Leota's necklace You do have a point. Luckily so far the top 10 sandwiches of the many that have votes currently are all in either Disneyland, DCA, or one of the Disney hotels. Although I do think it is good to have reviews from Downtown Disney establishments as well and its not to outlandish to compare them to the offerings within the park walls or Disney hotels.

@MckyMniXng Thanks I will add the new burger suggestion to the list.

Let us know if you ever want to review sandwiches nearby DLR. We can send a few tasty recommendations your way!

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another thing to consider is do you just review the sandwiche as delivered? In other words do you take the sandwiche straight from the counter and do nothing to it and review it, or for a sandwiche like the Wild Bleu Yonder Burger that is delivered pretty bare do you then add the lettuce, tomato, onions pickles etc. and do a review?

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."