Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: DVC Online Reservations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

DVC Online Reservations

I just wanted to say that I used the new online reservation system today and it was very user friendly. I was able to make the ressie before the phone lines opened up. I will be interested to see if you are able to book for the 11/7 month window at midnight EST, which would be nice for those of you on the west coast! Oh and I was even able to waitlist a room and bank points (I dont know if the banking points online is new but I had to bank before I could book). I am still going to call to have them put the specific requests in the ressie but the whole thing was very easy.

I don't know how it will work when everyone is using the online reservations, but I really appreciated being able to see if there was availability at a specific resort that is (unfortunately) still in the active planning stage. I'm not ready to book yet so I wouldn't have wanted to take up a human being's time to check.

Booked our Christmas trip (Dec 20-26) online this morning. Yay! I liked how it showed me exactly how my points were being used including confirmation that they used my banked points first. I will be trying to change resorts at the 7 month window and I am curious how that will work online... will I have to cancel and rebook (which would make me nervous, b/c what if I cancelled the first reservation and didn't grab the new one in time) or will it be smart enough to ask me if I want the new reservation to replace the old one?

BTW, I was able to book my 11 month window at 8am EST and I read elsewhere that seems to be the window for when you can start booking.

In general though, I really like the new system. I played around with other requests and I like how it tells you which dates are available and alternative choices. Also like how you can view your waitlists online. It seems that I will be taking over DVC reservations for our family from now on (our deal is I do online stuff, Kevin does phone calls.)

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    Booked our Christmas trip (Dec 20-26) online this morning. Yay! I liked how it showed me exactly how my points were being used including confirmation that they used my banked points first. I will be trying to change resorts at the 7 month window and I am curious how that will work online... will I have to cancel and rebook (which would make me nervous, b/c what if I cancelled the first reservation and didn't grab the new one in time) or will it be smart enough to ask me if I want the new reservation to replace the old one?
    we'll be there at the same time, our dates are Dec 20-27! where are you staying? or I guess I should say where are you hoping to change it to at the 7 month window? We'll be at BLT, cant wait! I'll be interested to see how changing it works online. I would not want to cancel and rebook either. Maybe it will let ask you if you want to cancel the old one and replace it like it does when you booking dining ressies online! good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunFamily4 View Post
    we'll be there at the same time, our dates are Dec 20-27! where are you staying? or I guess I should say where are you hoping to change it to at the 7 month window? We'll be at BLT, cant wait!
    Nice! Our home resort is SSR but we are hoping to change to, well, anything more convenient. BWV, BCV or BLT would all be great. Cubs will be almost 3 (yes, this trip was strategic! ) and almost 1 so the more we can avoid hauling strollers / diaper bags / exhausted cubs on and off buses, the better.
    Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

We did those trips We did 2 1/2yrs & 1 month at Boardwalk villas & then 5yrs & 2 3/4yrs at Animal Kingdom Villas/Jambo House. Sadly, I think our next trip may not be until someone is about to turn 10. At least that trip will not involve any strollers.

If I was cancelling a reservation to make a new one and the online system did not let me do it easily I would definitely call and talk to a human being. So Kevin may still be involved in the planning process.