Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Starbucks coming to DLR!

Starbucks coming to DLR!

I read yesterday on another Disney fan site that Starbucks is finally coming to DtD. Yay! Anyone have any confirmation on this?

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Starbucks is finally coming to DtD.

Oh, hale to the yeah.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

I really, REALLY hope this is true!

Nichole

Peets would be better as their coffee isn't burnt! Mmmmmm Peets. But I will take Starbucks over the horrid Disneyland coffee any day!

Bummer. I wish it was Coffee Bean instead...or Peets. I don't like Sbux buuuut, as Madasahatter says...better than DL coffee!

It's funny how picky we can all be about our coffee! I don't care for Peets, won't drink the swill at Coffee Bean, and love Starbucks. The only thing better would be Caribou Coffee!

Rocket Scientist/Future Imagineer
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it.", Alan Kay
    Come join the Pleasure Island Lover's Club!

I heard Starbcks AND Earl of Sandwich are coming to DTD!!

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    Peets would be better as their coffee isn't burnt! Mmmmmm Peets. But I will take Starbucks over the horrid Disneyland coffee any day!
    Haagen Dazs in Downtown Disney serves Peet's.

AP Discount at Starbucks sounds nice to me. I wonder if they will be taking Compass Books location.

Quote Originally Posted by lilfaeriebrat View Post
    AP Discount at Starbucks sounds nice to me. I wonder if they will be taking Compass Books location.
    The rumors on other boards is that they'll possibly take the LaBrea Bakery expansion since its right by the tram drop off or Compass Books. And Earl would take the other.
    Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Haagen Dazs in Downtown Disney serves Peet's.
    What she said, and you get a 10% discount with your AP.
    As La Brea already serves Starbucks, it would make sense to expand the offerings with the expanded space.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

in that same "story" it was mentioned that Starbucks would really manage the space, and use their own trained employees, independently of what Disney has done with other DTD stores. In that vein - I wonder how it will then play out with AP discounts... In other words, in a battle of brands and filling retail space, who would win? Hmmm...

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

YES I know they serve PEETS at Hagen Dazs but they don't serve it in the morning!!!!!!! That totally sucks. THey are never open when I am heading into the park or I am staying on the other end of the park and don't walk by. UGH! I don't mind STARBUCKS coffee at all except their universal PIKES PLACE ....whatever else they are brewing is delicious. I am not picky...I just don't like burnt beans and that is their secret ingredient. If someone else(airlines or hotels) is serving STARBUCKS it is always PIKES and it is distinct. I Like crispy things...just not burnt things. I would still drink that over the DL coffee though.

The first thing I saw when I checked the forum was the article about President Obama visiting, and thought interesting. The second thing I saw was that Starbucks was coming to Disneyland. My response, YES! More excited about coffee then the President, ha ha.

I'm glad for the expanded Starbucks, as opposed to just having it served by La Brea. I love Starbucks and I love Peets. I just want/need good coffee in the morning. The sad thing is that the coffee they serve inside Disneyland is still way better then the stuff they serve at my office. That "coffee" will put hair on your chest, yuck! I wish the park itself could get some wonderful coffee served there.

My husband's first comment to me every morning is, "let me get you some coffee." If I'm crabby, "have you had any coffee? Let me get you some." When I'm mad and don't want any coffee, he gets it for me anyway and I always end up drinking and then surprisingly feel so much better...he knows me so well

Never been to Starbucks....

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    in that same "story" it was mentioned that Starbucks would really manage the space, and use their own trained employees, independently of what Disney has done with other DTD stores. In that vein - I wonder how it will then play out with AP discounts... In other words, in a battle of brands and filling retail space, who would win? Hmmm...
    Not sure what you mean by that. Many of the non-Disney establishments in DTD give a discount to APs. And some don't. So there's a mix of both.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that. Many of the non-Disney establishments in DTD give a discount to APs. And some don't. So there's a mix of both.
    Maybe with the AP discount it'll bring the Disney price down to regular starbucks pricing.
    Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    Maybe with the AP discount it'll bring the Disney price down to regular starbucks pricing.
    Sounds just like Jamba Juice there.
    2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

Sbux and EoS at DtD! wow, sounds like heaven to me! we love Starbucks and we knew where all the Starbucks stops were between San Diego and DL! this news makes me happy! And EoS, whooo hooo! We went to the one in Orlando last spring and we are hooked! I hope these rumors are true! Cant wait to get back to So Cal!

So agree with you on this!!
    Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    Never been to Starbucks....
    What alternate universe do you live in? lol I am not much of a coffee fan, but I do like Peets better than Starbucks.
    Siggy aka Jill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    What alternate universe do you live in? lol I am not much of a coffee fan, but I do like Peets better than Starbucks.
    Don't like coffee, and don't like their hot chocolate, but do love their Chai tea lattes.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Bewaaare the grooove... bigrockstar's Avatar

...I wonder if they will give "gold card benefits" such as refills of house coffee, free drink customization, etc. I just got back from a trip to Las Vegas and none of the strip joints offer this.

Ok, why does she even HAVE that lever?"-Kuzco

I don't mind STARBUCKS coffee at all except their universal PIKES PLACE .... If someone else(airlines or hotels) is serving STARBUCKS it is always PIKES ....
    I am quite sure, even though you are mad, that you mean Pike Place. Pike is a street in Seattle, on which aforementioned Market sits. Pikes is a Peak in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by leota's necklace View Post
    I am quite sure, even though you are mad, that you mean Pike Place. Pike is a street in Seattle, on which aforementioned Market sits. Pikes is a Peak in Colorado.
    I knew that didn't "look" right. Couldn't put my finger on it though.