Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Childcare Services

Childcare Services

Does anyone have recent experience with the kids clubs or in-room babysitting services? (Are there other options?) I'd be interested in any information you could provide, including prices and whether your children enjoyed the experience. My children are 5 and 10, so I think they would have more fun at one of the kids clubs (probably the Neverland Club at the Poly), but we'll be at the Contemporary so having to drop them off and pick them up will be inconvenient. Also, our dinner reservations are for 7:40 p.m., so if they go to the kids club the 5-year-old will be up much later than I would like.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. # ADS

I know Fairestoneofall used the kids clubs last May. Her boys really enjoyed it.

Here's some info on pricing and such from allears: http://allears.net/pl/childfaq.htm#inresort

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Loving my sweet pea.

In February 2011 we used Kid's Night Out. They were FABULOUS! Our sitter arrived early (at 3 something in the morning for our half marathon), she was super friendly and sweet and attentive, and she followed our exact directions for our then 18 month old. I would not hesitate to use them again. It was my first experience with that type of thing and I was a little nervous, but the service was really great. She brought age appropriate toys, too. They keep record of all that happens while you are away and give it to you on a written form. It was truly fabulous. As soon as I met her, I felt instantly at ease. If you want I can try to look up her name for a reference. They have pricing on their website that I linked to above.

Thanks very much for the input. I'm leaning toward the kids club because it would cost less than $10 more than the in-room babysitter, plus dinner is included. I think my girls will have more fun at the kids club, as they're both pretty extroverted. THpoohbear, thanks for offering to look up the name of the sitter you used. If I change my mind, I'll let you know.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mxrapu View Post
    Thanks very much for the input. I'm leaning toward the kids club because it would cost less than $10 more than the in-room babysitter, plus dinner is included. I think my girls will have more fun at the kids club, as they're both pretty extroverted. THpoohbear, thanks for offering to look up the name of the sitter you used. If I change my mind, I'll let you know.
    I wasn't going to say anything because earlier you sounded like you didn't want to be talked into kids clubs BUT...

When we went to WDW as a family, my boys were 5, 8 & 11. We left them in a Kid's Club and my only regret was that my dinner didn't last longer to give them more time there! They had a great time. If they're going to have dinner there, I'd drop them off earlier. They had set times that the dinners came so you can find out about those when you make the reservation.

My 5-y/o was tired - it wasn't just a time thing, it was partly that we'd been on vacation for a while at that point. The Kid's Club was great because the attendants sat quietly with him and were able to give him special attention that he needed, even though it was a Kid's Club and not a sitter.
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We have used Simba's Cub House at AKL twice. Our boys LOVED it! They seriously didn't want to leave. I would not hesitate to leave them there again, and most definitely will in the future. BTW, you get a hourly rate discount if you are a DVC member. Score! Yes, the boys were up later than I would have normally kept them up, but honestly, the trade off was worth it. It's vacation, just let them sleep in the next morning (for those of you who know my boys know that's a huge joke). No regrets, not a one.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

My kids *loved* the Neverland Club so much on their first trip to WDW that they insisted on it being part of our second family trip. My husband and I complied, of course, and had to find something to do with ourselves so we ended up having dinner at the California Grill (we're givers that way). We scheduled one trip so they twins would be 'just' under the age limit to go there on a subsequent trip.

Does that give you an idea of how great it is??

(We used in-room sitter services too, for the littlest one who couldn't go to the Neverland Club on the first trip, and it was fantastic! We stayed at the Polynesian, gave the sitter permission to go to MK with our daughter, and she had the best time! We had the same sitter a few times on that trip,and it was great.)

Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com

Wow, I think I'm sold on the Neverland Club! Our Cali Grill dinner is a week from today, so I'd better get on the phone to make a reservation for my kids. Thanks everyone!