Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Accessible Rides

Accessible Rides

Just got back from DLR last night. There are just so many fantastic options for riding vehicles for those in wheelchairs. I did have to transfer from my scooter to a manual wheelchair, but that was fine. Got to ride Little Mermaid for the first time (loved it!). Went on Toy Story Midway Mania too in California Adventure. I rode Buzz light year at DL. I was finally able to do Jungle Cruise on the accessible boat, first time since last Halloween. I went to try IASW on Friday and found out the boats are not available because of the law suit that guy who got stuck on IASW filed. :S:S:S Oh well-was able to ride on the others! I just love the accessibility that Disneyland has!

Siggy aka Jill

2. # ADS

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I got word earlier today that the accessible boat is back in use at it's a small world at Disneyland, which I know will be a relief to some readers who really wanted to see the holiday decorations this year.

Adrienne

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Awright! That's definitely good news for me!

Hi AVP,
    Thanks for posting the news on this! I'm very glad to hear that the "yellow boat" is back for those of us who need to use it. I was sad when I thought if they didn't get it back up before our next trip, I'd have to miss being able to go on one of my most favorite holiday things at DL!!

Karen W2