Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Disneyland open 24 hours for leap year.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    These were people who were buying day tickets just to enter the park for a few hours, starting in the middle of the night. That's the part that I really couldn't believe.
    I'm not sure what time this happened exactly but they stopped selling single day tickets and were ONLY selling annual passes. The lines were moving ridiculously slow because most of them were doing the monthly payments...the printers were going slow...etc. My friend got in line just after midnight and we got into the park a little after 1 a.m. the lines were still ridiculous, but again they were only selling APs. At least that is what the CM at the ticket window told us.

2. # ADS

cstephens your report was great sounds like am amazing 24 hours. I think you are so right about the timing thing of when people arrived probably made a huge difference in how your day went.

Your report makes me want to go {if there is a next time}

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jananafish View Post
    I'm not sure what time this happened exactly but they stopped selling single day tickets and were ONLY selling annual passes.
    From what I heard, it was around 11pm when they stopped selling single-day tickets but they were still selling multi-day tickets for a while. I'd never heard that they ever got to the point where they were only selling annual passes. That's what I meant by day tickets, not just single day tickets, but anything that wasn't an AP - sorry if I was unclear. I know that if I didn't have an annual pass, I would have made sure to arrive during the day rather than buying a ticket once I arrived after work.

Quote Originally Posted by letshavefun View Post
    cstephens your report was great sounds like am amazing 24 hours. Your report makes me want to go {if there is a next time}
    Thanks! It's definitely not an event for everyone, but if you plan accordingly and know your way around and have an idea what to expect and can just go with the flow, it can be a lot of fun.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Thanks! It's definitely not an event for everyone, but if you plan accordingly and know your way around and have an idea what to expect and can just go with the flow, it can be a lot of fun.
    Your report makes us want to go next time. If MDM hadn't had to teach, we would have considered it.

Did they have FP during this?
    Planning 3 trips at once...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Did they have FP during this?
    They had it early in the morning and during the day, but for some reason, they didn't extend Fastpass beyond 8pm, what would have been Disneyland's normal operating time. I'm not sure why they decided to do that, and our group discussed it and thought it was a serious mistake.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Your report makes us want to go next time.
    Her report made me wish I didn't wait for my friends to get out of work and just head out there haha.

Quote Originally Posted by houseofmouse View Post
    I noticed even in the summer the attitudes of some who have AP's really suck and they tend to misbehave, throw the trash on the ground ect.. I actually saw a group throw trash right as they walked into the park. Um hello earth to person, there is a trash can to your left!
    Um... having a hard time with this one. Did you stop them and ask them to show you their AP's? It sounds like you're assuming that anyone who misbehaves in the park must be a pass holder.

Quote Originally Posted by trypticon View Post
    I agree with with the outlook I've read about here on many annual passholders I've come across at the parks: there is an arrogance about them, or a sense of entitlement that they feel they deserve.
    Again... how do you know these people are pass holders??? I take offense to this... I have a pass and I've had a pass for many years. That doesn't mean that I throw trash on the ground and disrespect the parks. I've never come accross another pass holder who acts as you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermommy View Post
    Whoa, really?

My daughter and I are locals, and we have Premium Annual Passes. Every year, when the renewal is due, I ask myself if I can justify the expense. They've doubled in price in the eight years we've had them, but so far, I've been able to convince myself that I can -- but I do that knowing we're going to have to give up other things in order to afford the passes. It helps that my husband doesn't want one. Still, if you think we, and our passholder friends, don't have to plan, scrimp and save to pay for our Disney addiction and don't recognize a dollar value for our park visits just because we pay for a year's worth in a lump sum, you're mistaken. And what's an equitable basis? I would imagine Disney figures that out every time they set a new price for AP ownership.

It's been my experience that "regular park goers" are far more likely to respect the traditions and legacy of the park, and to have regard for others experiencing the park as a "dream come true." I've encountered far more day-trippers with the Clark Griswold "hurry up and have fun" attitude than I have regulars. I can't tell you how many times we, as regulars, have stopped to help guests struggling with a map; given strangers our fast passes, collected lost children, given pins to people we don't know, offered to take photographs for people, helped strangers do fun stuff (like propose), or avoided rides during peak times so we didn't contribute to the lines, knowing we could always come back. While some regulars may have a sense of entitlement as you described, the ones I know have a sense of responsibililty to help take care of the park we love. We pick up not only our own trash, but frequently, that left by others. I even have a picture of myself mopping up after someone at Tomorrowland Terrace.
    Well said Tinkermommy.

Tinkermommy- I commend you on your helpfulness to other park goers. I wasn't at the event but I do see a lot of naughty, haughty and rude pass holders each time I visit.
    Again... not sure how you can magically tell who the AP holders are...

There are 4 tiers and each tier brings a certain demographic to the park. There are good and bad in each tier but AP'ers are some of the offenders.
    I've been a part of THREE of those tiers... and I don't think it's fair to judge people by which pass they can afford. I have the cheapest pass right now... so therefore I'm a rude, littering, offensive passholder. Really??

The update today reports on how awful traffic became after work time as the AP local's flooded the freeways and the parks. Yes ticket lines were long but with reports of 80,000 guests in the park it was not all ticketed people causing the flood of freeway gridlock and park rudeness. I have an AP and live in CO. So I don't feel I fall into the naughty AP category either but like in life many are the way there are regardless of having an AP to DL or not. I am betting the awful ones are just not great people to begin with and we probably not want them as our neighbors.
    I have an AP and live 5 hours from Disneyland. How is that any different from you? I only go a couple times a year. I value my time there just as much as you do. And just because I don't pay as much as you, or I don't live as far away as you, does not mean that I am a less worthy pass holder. And you said it in your last line - the people who act rude at the park are RUDE PEOPLE. It has nothing to do with which pass (or if they even have a pass) they own. Rude people will be rude people wherever they go... even Disneyland.

I have been a pass holder for many years because I love Disneyland and don't want to spend my extra money on anything else except more time spent there. I value the parks just as much as any other pass holder or non pass holder and I don't appreciate it when I'm assumingly put into a "bad person" category. And I know someone will say "Oh I didn't mean you" or "there are always exceptions". But really people... you can't just assume that someone who litters at DL must be a pass holder and they must be taking the park for granted.

Pretty sure I didn't single you out. As far as how I knew the trash throwers were AP's, well since I was behind them entering the park it is not hard to notice the passes in their hands. Have you ever heard AP's saying I pay your salary? I have an AP I should be able to do X,Y,Z? I have.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Pretty sure I didn't single you out. As far as how I knew the trash throwers were AP's, well since I was behind them entering the park it is not hard to notice the passes in their hands. Have you ever heard AP's saying I pay your salary? I have an AP I should be able to do X,Y,Z? I have.
    Are you a bad person? No I didn't say that. But like you, I am entitled to my opinion on the subject and you don't have to agree. It doesn't matter what AP you have and like I said people are people but there are those who have AP and those who buy day tickets who have similar issues while in the park but to say it doesn't exist with passholders and to assume they are above bad behavior is just an interesting perspective.

sorry just adding to my above thoughts.
    Have a Disney Day!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

on the whole AP thing - I can point to several non-AP holders that are just as rude, messy, unconcerned about other guests - but I never try to lump them all together. It's easy to do (especially for well known internet bloggers) because it's an identifiable target.

I spoke with my ops scheduling contact - and from their preliminary views it was not an overwhelming majority of passholders coming the gate on OMDD. This person of course did not release actual numbers - and everyone I guess can speculate until the cows come home on how many ACTUAL numbers of each group there were. We get reports - but when it's unnamed sources how do you really know.

Let's just chalk it up to "uncaring and rude park goers" and leave it at that.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I think that is good idea olegc.

Have a Disney Day!