Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: One More Disney Day - 2012 campaign...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One More Disney Day - 2012 campaign...

Looks like we'll know on 12/31 what next year's Disney parks campaign will be - but my guess is it has something to do with getting a free day (more time) at a park when you visit for multiple days. so while not simply free - it will be the next thing to get you to stay "more" at the Parks...

just a guess - mind you.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Theres a lot of speculation going on around the internet. Ive been hearing comments range from...

- The park being open 24 hours on leap day.
    - Getting more time at the parks such as a "super EMH."
    - Online reservations for dining, booking, fastpasses and more -all from one site.

... and others.

Its getting a lot of buzz, so, the marketing around it is obviously working. Hope it is something actually worth while and something everyone will actually enjoy. (Saying that since the YOAMD campaign was pretty much a bust for the multiple times we visited as a whole family.)

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Blog Entries

i just can't imagine they would go to a lot of spend on media and marketing for a one day gimmick (leap day).

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

I dont think so either... but it is something that has been mentioned here and there...

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

I could see open all day on leap day as part of a marketing campaign, but it doesn't seem likely to be the main focus - especially if they haven't told us about it yet. It seems most of the marketing campaigns have been 18+ months long, it would be awkward if the crux of their campaign happened 16 months earlier by the time it was over. Plus, for as much as Disney likes the parks to be crowded, I doubt they like having to turn away customers, which is what they are doing when they stop selling tickets on the ultra-crowded days.

One More Disney Day - New 2012 Promotion

So any speculations or inside info on this?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/one-more-disney-day/

I am thinking next year you will get an extra day with your park hopper ticket. Buy a three day and get a 4th day free

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Blog Entries

DIsney revealed a new hashtag for their One More Day - #Disney24... maybe it is only about the leap day..

Blog Entries

sjhanksaz's link is now updated with the details.... Saw some tweets on it as well.
    I hate to say this, I think the details are somewhat disappointing.

First off... the prediction of being open 24hrs on leap day is a reality. Ok, thats cool.

They are giving away vacations from 1/1 - 2/29... Sorry, not to big on the whole "contest" thing where not everyone can really benefit from it. (But yes, I will still enter.)

You get an extra day if you book a package for a trip for the first part of the year. 1) That leaves out those who are AP holders who normally dont deal with packages and 2) Unless people who already have packages for those dates can rebook under this new offer (subject to availability) and get some benefit, it means that new reservations are pretty much a "last minute trip" sort of thing. Also, like anything else, you have to crunch the numbers and see if rebooking is really going to save you money. You know -the usual routine when it comes to trying to get the best bang for your buck.

So, in essence, the promo only goes through mid-March. Its not a year long thing. At least that is what it seems like.

I know that my thoughts on this promo are not all that positive. But I would love to hear what others have to say about it as well just in case I am missing something. It just would have been nice to see something that could have provided perks for many more guests throughout the year, even if it was something smaller.

Blog Entries

I agree it's not as big of a deal as they are making it out to be - the all day thing is new-ish, but the contest, etc. eh... been there done that. To me - it definitely is a sign that the theme parks are not necessarily hurting for attendance and in need of increasing interest. They have been doing pretty well despite the economy.

Has anyone tried to enter the sweepstakes yet? I can not. Yesterday it would not accept my sign in and today there is a communication error.

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jennibell View Post
    Has anyone tried to enter the sweepstakes yet? I can not. Yesterday it would not accept my sign in and today there is a communication error.
    I've entered twice now, no problems for me. It looks like there are 2 different window you can open to sign up.

The first time I tried yesterday there was a communication error. I tried later and it went through fine.

Blog Entries

they fixed whatever XML form errors they had

BTW - interesting dilemma for So Cal (well, sort of). the planned D23 Fanniversary Celebrations (across the country) were scheduled for March 1st in several cities. Now the Parks went ahead and scheduled this. The D23 events were to invite everyone with special goodies and/or portions for D23 members. Now I know that the overlap on this won't be too great - but it's interesting to wonder if someone at D23 is saying "oh, c'mon man! just as we were trying to increase membership!"

Blog Entries
    Odd. It would not recognize my password or account. I went and logged in at the Disneyland.com site as an annual passholder and then searched for "one more day." When I clicked that linked, it immediately popped backed it accepted that as today's entry.

Whatever, so long as I got entered.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    Odd. It would not recognize my password or account. I went and logged in at the Disneyland.com site as an annual passholder and then searched for "one more day." When I clicked that linked, it immediately popped backed it accepted that as today's entry.
    that happened a lot to me over the last couple of days too (we have four who can enter in my family). i also noticed that Firefox has a tougher time with the site log in and XML than IE does as a browser. Did not try Chrome. Don't know why it makes a difference, but it did for me.

I've entered everyday by texting no problems there

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I'm the Disney Princess your Mama Warned you About!

If I click from this thread or facebook, I get a communication error when entering my login info. If I click from my email (Disney Insider email) it goes right through.

I was finally able to get it to work using firefox and not google chrome. Drove me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    that happened a lot to me over the last couple of days too (we have four who can enter in my family). i also noticed that Firefox has a tougher time with the site log in and XML than IE does as a browser. Did not try Chrome. Don't know why it makes a difference, but it did for me.
    When you say 4 in your family, does that mean that live in the same house/address, or different households?
    WDW 2008 off-site, WDW 2010 Polynesian (Club), WDW Polynesian Dec 15-21 2011 (Club), WDW WL Nov 20-Nov 27 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    When you say 4 in your family, does that mean that live in the same house/address, or different households?
    Probably has to do with how old you have to be to enter.
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Probably has to do with how old you have to be to enter.
    It was the age thing (the four of us are over 18)
    BUT - if you do read the rules, it does appear like only one physical address can be used - but it combines it with Cell - so it's difficult to decipher. Would this mean that no married couple could enter twice? Hmmm. well, we're going to enter as we have been.

rule section "Entries are limited to one (1) Entry per person/Cell/Address for each Daily Sweepstakes, regardless of method of Entry or whether one person has more than one Cell/Address or more than one person use the same Cell/Address, resulting in a maximum of 60 Entries allowed for all Daily Sweepstakes. In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Cell/Address is registered."

Thank you! I've been trying for days to get the contest entry to work. I figured it was because I was on a Mac.... I finally got in an entry when I used safari instead of firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    It was the age thing (the four of us are over 18)
    BUT - if you do read the rules, it does appear like only one physical address can be used - but it combines it with Cell - so it's difficult to decipher. Would this mean that no married couple could enter twice? Hmmm. well, we're going to enter as we have been.

rule section "Entries are limited to one (1) Entry per person/Cell/Address for each Daily Sweepstakes, regardless of method of Entry or whether one person has more than one Cell/Address or more than one person use the same Cell/Address, resulting in a maximum of 60 Entries allowed for all Daily Sweepstakes. In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Cell/Address is registered."
    I'm pretty sure it means per email address, not physical address. In the rules it states in the "online entry" section: It is your sole responsibility to notify the Administrator if you change email address ("Address"). "Address" in parentheses leads me to believe that when it mentions address later in the rules that it means email address. I could be wrong though.

-Rachael-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tink's mom View Post
    I'm pretty sure it means per email address, not physical address. In the rules it states in the "online entry" section: It is your sole responsibility to notify the Administrator if you change email address ("Address"). "Address" in parentheses leads me to believe that when it mentions address later in the rules that it means email address. I could be wrong though.
    that has been the practice as far as I know - but the rules are vague enough that if they had to they would limit it. To me, as long as it's one entry per person (when you correlate all of the info together) per day it will fly.