Some suggestions for you...
1. Ride Pirates several times! It is more than twice as long and much better at Disneyland vs. D-World.
2. Eat at the Blue Bayou Restaurant. (Call ahead for preferred seating first!)
3. Ride Mr. Toad (cause D-World's is gone.)
4. If you want to save money and stay off Disney property, I suggest the Best Western Park Place Inn. It's right across the street and the quickest way to walk to both parks. There are not any "value" resorts offered by Disney in Anaheim. If you DO want to stay with Disney, do the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian Hotel.
5. Look into the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour.