Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Where's the statue of Walt?

Where's the statue of Walt?

Hey fellow Mice! (can I say that?)

I previewed Cars Land/ Buena Vista Street last weekend, and I noticed there isn't the statue of Walt with Mickey on the street. Did I imagine that they were adding a new one? Have they added it since then?

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cdcooper View Post
    I previewed Cars Land/ Buena Vista Street last weekend, and I noticed there isn't the statue of Walt with Mickey on the street. Did I imagine that they were adding a new one? Have they added it since then?
    It was there on Saturday but it was covered in a giant gray rectangular box. It was very close to the construction walls in front of Carthay Circle Theatre. I expect the statue was unveiled tonight.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I saw it on Saturday. Near Carthay Circle. There's an old fashioned car across the way from the statue

Mirror Mirror on the Wall PlayGirlBunny's Avatar

They have a CM taking family pictures with the Statue as well.

Walt Statue DCA.jpg

Here it is. It's at the end of Buena Vista Street, In front of a planter/seating area outside Elias and Co.
    Suspended in the timelessness of innerspace are the thoughtwaves of my first impressions. They will be our only source of contact once you have passed beyond the limits of normal Magnification... Magnification... Magnification...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    Walt Statue DCA.jpg

Here it is. It's at the end of Buena Vista Street, In front of a planter/seating area outside Elias and Co.
    Thanks for sharing the photo. Looks like a great statue.
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Is this one as popular as the Partners Statue in DL? We can hardly get near the one in DL anymore as it is always crawling with people taking pics and Photopass.
    When we were just in WDW's Magic Kingdom,it was the same issue. Too many people and not enough room to take pics and I am not one to stand in a line 25 people deep to get a pic in front.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofmouse View Post
    Is this one as popular as the Partners Statue in DL? We can hardly get near the one in DL anymore as it is always crawling with people taking pics and Photopass.
    When we were just in WDW's Magic Kingdom,it was the same issue. Too many people and not enough room to take pics and I am not one to stand in a line 25 people deep to get a pic in front.
    It's pretty popular from the times we've seen, but since it's only been unveiled for a week, I expect it'll be popular for a while. I've seen quite a line of people waiting for a picture. It's a really terrific sculpture - I love the details. I also really like that it's at ground level. With the Partners statue, it's hard to take a picture "with" it. With this one, you stand right next to Mickey and Walt, and you can compare how tall you are compared to Walt! We were fortunate to have gotten a picture at the sculpture during the Thursday preview party. I really love that picture with our friends - I'm going to have to steal that picture from a friend's FB.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...