Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: More Mouse: Time is Money: Saving Time through Smart Planning

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: Time is Money: Saving Time through Smart Planning

Time is Money: Saving Time through Smart Planning by Contributing Writer

New contributing writer Margie Binder talks about saving both time and money on your Disney trip through proper planning.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

A couple of years ago I planned a trip for my family (me, my husband, our 13 yo son and 11 yo daughter) and my sister's family (sis, her husband and two nieces, 9 and 7). Since my sister's family had never been there before, and my family has been there numerous times), we let sis and her family decide what their must do restaurants, shows and rides were. I set up our priority seatings and, as it got closer to our trip, tweaked them as needed to avoid the most crowded parks. About a month before our trip, I invested in the Touring Plans software and developed plans for our first day in each park. I set up the software to create "slow, leisurely" plans with plenty of breaks. Our son would go ahead and get any fastpasses we needed during the day. My sister could not believe how much we were able to see and do -- when we got off a ride, we knew exactly where we were going next. If we had time and we saw a ride with a short line, we hopped on and continued on with our touring plan afterwards. The money and time spent planning ahead of time were so worth it!

Hello fellow MN Disney fan!

Your article was great. We went to WDW as a family (18 of us, ages 7-56) and planning was a good part of it if we wanted to do anything together. We did not do everything together. We chose a couple of things, like the Whoopdie Doo Revue, a day at Typhoon Lagoon and the MNSS Halloween party to do together. All of the rest was done day by day based on discussions of who wanted to do what. It went really well and we all had a fantastic time. Flexibility was a good part of it because as we all know 'stuff' comes up during vacations. Going back in April 2012 and I am doing the count down.
    Have a magical day!

Clab