Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Planning Disneyland Trip 12/4 -12-7

Planning Disneyland Trip 12/4 -12-7

Our group includes my husband 31, myself 31, daughter 4 (we will be celebrating her 5th badly while at DL) and baby 9 months old. We will be driving from the bay area. I am open to any ideas for our intinery.
    2 day park hopper
    12-4 check in at DLH around 4pm
    Dinner at Goofys kitchen - we will be dining with our character dining vouchers. How much out of pocket do you think we will have to pay? (tip & tax?)
    12-5 Monday
    9:10 breakfast with Minnie at plaza inn (I'm expecting this to cost around 60.00 for our family) do you agree?
    Our next appointment is at Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique at 10:10. We may have to cut breakfast a little short, but I think it will be worth it. My daughter is really excited to meet Tangled. Maybe it would be a good idea for my husband to stand in line for tangled while we are at the boutique?? Is this acceptable?
    Lunch at Bengal bar b que. I'm looking forward to trying bacon wrapped asparagus and trying a dole whip for the first time.
    Where are turkey legs sold?
    1:45 pat e cake birthday party. Do the parents pay for admission or just the birthday child?
    Then I think we will head over to nemo and the submarines. Next we would like to visit mickeys toon town. Would you recommend taking the train or walking?
    My husband would like to have dinner at Rancho del zocalo. I'm thinking return to DTD for dinner???
    12-6 Tuesday
    Not much of an agenda this day I want to do as much in DCA as we can.

Disney junior live on stage.

And lastly i would like to apologize for using my camera with flash in the dark rides the last time we visited. I had no idea!!!

2. # ADS

Welcome to Mouseplanet!!!
    You can walk from Nemo to Toontown, the Tomorrowland train station will not be that much of a benifit to connect the two rides, unless you have not ridden the train.
    Rancho is a wait in line....to wait in line to order food....to wait in line to pick up ordered food....to wait in line to pay for the food... to wait in line to find an empty table. The sparrows are great as is the covered outside seating. But then how long will you have to wait for sit down service in DTD. So my guess is that it depends on how hungry everyone is after a very slim meal at the Bengal

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

You have most of your day booked with sit down events between the character breakfast, the bippity bobbity and the Pat E. Cake party. Personally I'd skip that event. You pay for all 3 of you (the baby is free) and for the cost you each get a small cake in a mickey plate with some frosting/sprinkles to make your own b/d cake. Pat E. Cake comes out to M/C the show and at the very end Mickey and Minnie do show up for a conga line and a very fast photo op but they really pushed us thru the line ONE shot and there you go...I didn't see any down time or any nap scheduled for either your birthday girl or the baby. I think you're going to be regretting trying to shove so much into a 2 day visit but your mileage may vary.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Thanks so much for all the great input and ideas. So excited for our visit!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangleds biggest fan View Post
    Dinner at Goofys kitchen - we will be dining with our character dining vouchers. How much out of pocket do you think we will have to pay? (tip & tax?)
    Vouchers will cover tax and tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangleds biggest fan View Post
    9:10 breakfast with Minnie at plaza inn (I'm expecting this to cost around 60.00 for our family) do you agree?
    $23 per adult and $13 for the 4yo, plus tax so about $65.

You really have a lot packed into this day. I wouldn't count on many rides, as I think you are cramming too much in too short a period of time.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Is there any reason you couldn't do breakfast on the next day since you are doing the boutique and the party on the first day?

That is WAY too much packed into the first day. You will be running from one thing to another and not get to ride much. You are using the best times to do rides in Fantasyland with little wait eating breakfast and going to BBB. I'd probably skip Minnies and the Pat-E-Cake party since you are already doing Goofy's your arrival night. I'd hit Fantasyland at opening before your BBB appointment. I'm not sure how long the Rapunzel line is, but maybe send DH over to get in line as you guys are finishing up at BBB.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Blog Entries

And, usually, the character breakfasts expect you to be there about 75-90 mins to get to the characters. You will be needing to leave after only 45 to get to BBB. I would consider canceling this, as it really wouldn't be worth the money to just rush through breakfast and the characters. Maybe consider Carnation Cafe as it would be faster and much cheaper.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Maybe consider Carnation Cafe as it would be faster and much cheaper.
    And SUPER yummy!
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Thank you all for the info! I completely agree I have to much planned. I will be canceling breakfast with Minnie and taking you guys up on the carnation cafe suggestions. I have read great reviews!