Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Hollywood Studios to EPCOT distance and various travel Methods

Hollywood Studios to EPCOT distance and various travel Methods

Alrighty guys, here is the situation. My wife and I are looking at attending HS on a Saturday in January.We will then head to EPCOT for Dinner and Illuminations. How far is it from HS to Epcot if we walk?

How often do the Friendship boats come, and how long is the boat ride? I believe that they make a stop at Boardwalk. What is the schedule of the boats. Does one come every half an hour?

How long on average does it take to go from HS to EPCOT?

Is there a bus from the one to the other?

Just trying to get an idea of when we will have to leave HS to get to EPCOT so we do not miss our dinner.

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Where is your dinner in Epcot? That affects things A LOT because of the walking time after you enter the gate (and depending on transportation mode selected, WHICH gate).

The boats are probably advertised at every 20 minutes. Not 100% positive, but that seems about right.

The boats go from the Studios, Stop at the Swan/Dolphin, and then go to the Yacht/Beach Clubs and THEN to the Boardwalk and THEN to Epcot. So that really adds a bit of time.

Most of the time, my sister and I get off at the Yacht/Beach dock and walk from there. Unless we stop to watch something, we always beat the boat on that last bit.

I wouldn't walk it after the marathon, but before you're probably ok! And you'll know exactly how far it is because you WILL be running it during the marathon! Oops. No you won't. Looks like they changed the course slightly this year. (Just posted today!)

I think it's about a mile or so - but depending on the weather (and if it's before or after the Marathon), it may feel longer.

Cathy

It iwll be Coral Reef. The day before the Marathon. Is there a bus option though?

Blog Entries

I THINK there's a bus option - which would be better for Coral Reef. But I'm not 100% on that. Whenever I want to go to Epcot from the Studios, we're going to World Showcase!

Cathy

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm so glad this question was asked. I will be the first to admit my lack of knowledge about Disney transportation. I've used Magic Express once, but we always have a car so we never use the buses or boats. Next week's trip will be my first trip relying on Disney transport. I feel a little lost thinking about it. Good thing my travel buddies are well versed.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

There's an app for that!!! Seriously. I downloaded it months ago for our Dec trip! ;-) I will have excellent companions for most of the trip but the first four days we are on our own!

My handy app says that walking directly from HS to Epcot is appx 30 minutes.
    Taking the Boat for the DHS to Epcot is appx 37 minutes
    Taking the bus is appx 13 minutes and taking the bus to the TTC and transferring to the Monorail to Epcot is about 46 minutes.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    There's an app for that!!! Seriously. I downloaded it months ago for our Dec trip! ;-) I will have excellent companions for most of the trip but the first four days we are on our own!

My handy app says that walking directly from HS to Epcot is appx 30 minutes.
    Taking the Boat for the DHS to Epcot is appx 37 minutes
    Taking the bus is appx 13 minutes and taking the bus to the TTC and transferring to the Monorail to Epcot is about 46 minutes.
    What's the name of the app?
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

I had never walked from Epcot to the Studios until our last trip, and it was really pleasant! We got the boat back to Epcot too which was really nice. Did the same as Drince and got off before Epcot and beat the boat.

*DLP-1995, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009x2, 2010x2*WDW-1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2011*DL-2004, 2005

Magical Movie Reviews

Efteling UK

If you have the time and are physically able, I also recommend the walk from DHS to Epcot. It's very pleasant, scenic route. I almost never take the boat unless I'm just worn out at the end of a full day of parkstorming. I also find walking to be much quicker than the boat with all its stops.

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    What's the name of the app?
    Its called "TWiz". I think its going to be pretty handy for us.
    ETA: Search in the app store "OLP WDW Transportation"

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    If you have the time and are physically able, I also recommend the walk from DHS to Epcot. It's very pleasant, scenic route. I almost never take the boat unless I'm just worn out at the end of a full day of parkstorming. I also find walking to be much quicker than the boat with all its stops.
    I'll second this...when we stay at the Boardwalk we will often walk betwen EPCOT, the resort &/or Studios. It's about a 15 - 20 min. walk from Boardwalk to Studios - so let's say it's about a 25 min. walk to the side entrance to EPCOT? We usually see some wildlife, if you are into that sorta thing, along the way. Turtles, ducks, various other birds, fish.

Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    I'll second this...when we stay at the Boardwalk we will often walk betwen EPCOT, the resort &/or Studios. It's about a 15 - 20 min. walk from Boardwalk to Studios - so let's say it's about a 25 min. walk to the side entrance to EPCOT? We usually see some wildlife, if you are into that sorta thing, along the way. Turtles, ducks, various other birds, fish.
    We are staying at BWV in Dec and this is what we will probably do too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    We are staying at BWV in Dec and this is what we will probably do too.
    Especially if you're nearer the tennis courts than Epcot - a LOT quicker to walk. You can also EASILY walk from the Swan/Dolphin dock to Boardwalk.

I was switching resorts from Pop to Boardwalk Villas (rented points) - so I took the bus from Pop to the Studios, rode the boat to Swan/Dolphin and got off. Walked briskly to the Boardwalk desk to check in (due to F&W events, I wanted to do this first thing in the am), nobody in line ahead of me. Got checked in (bell services was moving my bag), back to the boat dock, and caught the SAME boat that I'd been on, to go the rest of the way to Epcot. (I wouldn't have taken the boat if it hadn't been right there)
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Especially if you're nearer the tennis courts than Epcot - a LOT quicker to walk. You can also EASILY walk from the Swan/Dolphin dock to Boardwalk.

I was switching resorts from Pop to Boardwalk Villas (rented points) - so I took the bus from Pop to the Studios, rode the boat to Swan/Dolphin and got off. Walked briskly to the Boardwalk desk to check in (due to F&W events, I wanted to do this first thing in the am), nobody in line ahead of me. Got checked in (bell services was moving my bag), back to the boat dock, and caught the SAME boat that I'd been on, to go the rest of the way to Epcot. (I wouldn't have taken the boat if it hadn't been right there)
    Awesome timing!

Friend of Figment

The route is Epcot >> Boardwalk >> Y&B >> Swolphin >> DHS >> Swolphin >> Y&B >> Boardwalk >> Epcot

If you just miss a boat it may be faster to just walk rather than wait for the next boat. The boats are about every 20 minutes, and it takes about 25 minutes, including intermediate stops, to get from one Park to the other.

Disneyland Trips: 13 trips for 49 nights.
    But I live less than 20 miles from Walt Disney World! And work there part-time.

For more information about Disabled Access to Disney World and nearby areas, check this out. Or for tickets, check out my Everything About WDW Tickets post.

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

It takes a LOOONG time to hit the boats just right. If you have the time, it is very relaxing and a nice trip. We walked it last trip and after a day of travel, park touring, and Fantasmic, it took a toll walking to World Showcase (and then on to Future World). I was surprised at the length of the stroll, but I think that was because I was so tired. If the weather were right, I'd certainly walk!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!