Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney bear vs. Duffy-Does anyone have any pre duffys they dont love anymore?

Disney bear vs. Duffy-Does anyone have any pre duffys they dont love anymore?

I got my son a "My first Disney bear" on his first trip to Disney at 10 months old. It has been his constant companion for 7 years. Even at 7, "Teddy" is real. Even tho he understands that all other toys are not. Teddy is loved. He is treated as a member of the family(even by older siblings). I was ecstatic when I saw that he had returned to the parks. Even the most loved member sometimes gets misplaced, or thrown up on and causes such heartbreak that this mommy has always made sure that I have a backup hidden safely in the closet.
    I was disappointed that the Duffy bears have a different fur. And cannot be substited. Even our 1 year old who has her own later version Duffy can tell the difference between his and hers!
    Teddy got lost at Disneyland on our last trip two weeks ago. On each of the 3 days we went and checked lost and found. I was certain someone would turn him in. He's obviously loved. Each day we walked back to the hotel trying to console him with stories of what fun teddy must be having with Mickey since he chose to stay there overnight. (The original story of the Disney bear was that he came to life to be with Mickey at the park after closing) By the last day my poor boy was inconsolable and convinced someone took him. And kicking himself for never teaching Teddy our address(oops, bad mama! Guess I shouldnt have asked!)Because he would have come back by now if he was just off playing.
    Now that we are home Teddy has shown up with a note "from Mickey" thanking Bradley for letting Teddy stay and play for a while. This Teddy is our last backup so Im trying to locate another teddy.
    So I just thought Id put this out there in case anyone has an old one sitting in a toybox somewhere. There are a few new ones out there on ebay, but they are outrageous! I couldn't believe it. And since our teddy is well-loved I would rather find a previously loved one. He doesn't need to have clothes or anything.
    If you can help me keep this bit of Disney Magic alive please let me know!

2. # ADS

Oh my gosh...this brought tears to my eyes! The Tinkerteen received a bear -- also named Teddy -- on her fifth birthday. She'll be 16 in February, and he still sleeps in her bed, and goes on every overnight trip. Her teddy used to travel EVERYWHERE with us, in my purse (he's a long, skinny bear), and went to Disneyland many times in his heyday. He is shaped so that he can wear the clothing from the "Friends 2 B" dolls that Build-a-Bear used to sell. That little bear has a pretty stylin' wardrobe, most of it purchased at BAB in Downtown Disney. Good times!

I was long ago dubbed Teddy's bodyguard. I got scared once that Teddy would somehow get lost, and I found one on like him on eBay. When he came, I realized that I would never get away with it -- her Teddy is loved to the point of his fur being thin. So we went to the pet store and had one of those tags made with our name and telephone number, and it's on a chain around Teddy's neck to this day. Maybe you could do something like that, just in case?

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the old one shows up. At least you'll have that for a backup (or you can switch them!). It blows my mind to think someone wouldn't turn in a well-loved toy. If that's what happened, I'm hoping they'll feel the guilt-thoughts I'm sending their way and take it back!

PS - I'll keep my eyes open for an older Duffy.

Last edited by Tinkermommy; 10-25-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: add ps
    To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

I'll look to see if we still have one. We had two. My oldest picked him out for her baby sister that didn't get to go on her first trio to Disneyland in 2005. Then she decided she needed one too. I'll look through the toy box and let you know if I find one.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    I'll look to see if we still have one. We had two. My oldest picked him out for her baby sister that didn't get to go on her first trio to Disneyland in 2005. Then she decided she needed one too. I'll look through the toy box and let you know if I find one.
    No luck, but I'll keep an eye out for you though.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)