Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is the Halloween party worth the ticket price?

Well said Sigaltchelet with that said i dont need to say anything so thanks

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by trypticon View Post
    ... and learn to get around the fricking strollers that are everywhere.
    I think Fairestoneofall was just expressing her opinion, as is everyone else here. There is no need to be defensive. Your choice of adjective implies hostility that may explain the responses you are receiving. Yes, irresponsible, clueless people are annoying anywhere (with or without strollers). But people are dealing with all kinds of issues that you cannot know, but you seem to feel free to judge anyway. If strollers make you so angry (and from your past comments, it appears that many things at DLR make you angry), then just don't go. Skip the aggravation and find something that doesn't bring out your anger. DLR can be a much better place if we choose to give other people the respect and consideration we would want for ourselves. Just a thought...

@Siggy -- well said!

Blog Entries
    My advice sticks: learn to get past strollers. You'll save yourself a lot of time and frustration.
    I'm picturing the guy who literally climbed over my daughter when she was in a wheelchair to get to Space Mountain a full 1/10th of a second faster.

As for children in strollers past the age of 3, are you serious?? Children are not small adults. You may be considering it "coddling", I call it judging. You may wish to wait until you have children. I am a mom to 4. Mine are all adults. I don't think any were in strollers past age 4. But it was what worked for ME. It doesn't work for every family. Each family should do what works for them.

BTW - Be careful in judging which kids should be in strollers. You never know which child just might have a disability that YOU won't notice. And honestly, it is none of your business. Hopefully, you will never be in that position.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries
    Let me clue you in a little bit on how it is for everyone else at the park who doesn't want to get in the way of the thousands waiting to get around you.
    Hmm, I do sense some cluelessness in this thread but having recently seen Fairest very thoughtfully consider IF a stroller was needed on on a park visit and then severly restrict its use during the visit, I'm willing to say it is not hers...

Not that it really matters, as it's not anyone's business to judge what's right for another family.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Skip the aggravation and find something that doesn't bring out your anger. DLR can be a much better place if we choose to give other people the respect and consideration we would want for ourselves. Just a thought...

@Siggy -- well said!
    I think this is what irritates me more. More than the stroller users, I have a bigger problem with people who are in such a hurry they have to climb over a stroller to get to a ride faster. Seen it done more than 50 times. The people who feel that 8 inch cushion between Siggy's scooter and the person in front of her is the perfect spot to cut through to get to a ride that whole second faster. People would have a much more enjoyable time if they would relax and be more considerate of the people around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I'm picturing the guy who literally climbed over my daughter when she was in a wheelchair to get to Space Mountain a full 1/10th of a second faster.

As for children in strollers past the age of 3, are you serious?? Children are not small adults. You may be considering it "coddling", I call it judging. You may wish to wait until you have children. I am a mom to 4. Mine are all adults. I don't think any were in strollers past age 4. But it was what worked for ME. It doesn't work for every family. Each family should do what works for them.

BTW - Be careful in judging which kids should be in strollers. You never know which child just might have a disability that YOU won't notice. And honestly, it is none of your business. Hopefully, you will never be in that position.
    Yeah - that is about what I am thinking - My daughter is 4 and we are definitely bringing the stroller. Her stride is 1/4 of a grown adults so she is walking relatively 300% further than an adult. Not sure how giving her a break from what would otherwise feel like an all day Death March could be construed as coddling.

I think that DLR and strollers are a package deal. In life there either one of two elements to every "problem". If its something you can impart change to, then get to it and make the change. If its something you cant change, then it simply becomes a fact of life. If its a fact of life...then suck it up. Ergo, Trypticon just needs to suck it up.

Break-Break - So going back to my original query - what time does the parade start and when are the fireworks. Sounds like most are not too keen on the parade. I really want the little one to enjoy the fireworks so is it better to skip the parade to ensure a better placing for the Fireworks or can we do both (thus why I ask how much time is in-between events)? Also, is Star Tours open during the party?

Cheers!
    Last edited by ogold72; 10-23-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Grammer
    Heading to DLR July '15!

Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    I highly suspect you are not a parent. !
    You suspect incorrectly. Perhaps you should start following your own advice and not judge people.

Yes, I am serious about children walking around on their own past the age of three. I did it, and my fiance's son, who is autistic, also did it, already putting me in the position that you would rather not have me in, as my own experience does nothing but tear your own argument apart. I've written it before, Malcon10, I find it odd how you're about the only one here allowed to have a vastly differing opinion and not have people go off on you for it. It must be really nice to be able to get away with writing about anything you please.

I also wrote nothing about having to climb over strollers to get past them. It's much easier, and much more polite, to simply get out of their path and go around them. If the average stroller user would allow that to happen without using it as a weapon or battering ram, there would be a lot less frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    I think Fairestoneofall was just expressing her opinion, as is everyone else here. There is no need to be defensive. Your choice of adjective implies hostility that may explain the responses you are receiving. Yes, irresponsible, clueless people are annoying anywhere (with or without strollers). But people are dealing with all kinds of issues that you cannot know, but you seem to feel free to judge anyway. If strollers make you so angry (and from your past comments, it appears that many things at DLR make you angry), then just don't go. Skip the aggravation and find something that doesn't bring out your anger. DLR can be a much better place if we choose to give other people the respect and consideration we would want for ourselves. Just a thought...

@Siggy -- well said!
    Thanks Tea4Two! I think what you have said makes alot of sense as well!
    Siggy aka Jill

Whoa! Mod Warning

Take the stroller debate to another thread. This thread is about the value of the Halloween party.

I think this is what irritates me more. More than the stroller users, I have a bigger problem with people who are in such a hurry they have to climb over a stroller to get to a ride faster. Seen it done more than 50 times. The people who feel that 8 inch cushion between Siggy's scooter and the person in front of her is the perfect spot to cut through to get to a ride that whole second faster. People would have a much more enjoyable time if they would relax and be more considerate of the people around them.

Exactly! Last weekend after the parade I was trying to go down main street towards the hub, trying to leave a cushion of space. This couple was standing right in the middle of the street and I had nowhere to go. I was screaming at the top of my lungs, "excuse me!" The woman started screaming at me like I was at fault and accusing me of running over them. Then as I moved forward, someone else went in front of me and that same woman accused me of enjoying running over others. I know I lost my temper and I am not proud of myself but I yelled "Fudge You" (Yes, I said Fudge!) at the woman. Some people just don't understand. It was so frustrating.
    Siggy aka Jill

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ogold72 View Post
    Break-Break - So going back to my original query - what time does the parade start and when are the fireworks. Sounds like most are not too keen on the parade. I really want the little one to enjoy the fireworks so is it better to skip the parade to ensure a better placing for the Fireworks or can we do both (thus why I ask how much time is in-between events)? Also, is Star Tours open during the party?
    Friday night's schedule was:
    8:30 Parade
    9:30 Fireworks
    10:30 Parade

We walked up to a front row viewing area for the parade less than 10 minutes before the parade passed us. I barely had time to run to the Blue Ribbon for a latte. Then after the parade, we headed to the Tomorrowland trick or treat trail near Captain EO, grabbed a ride on Buzz and got back onto Main Street less than 5 minutes before the fireworks started.

Star Tours is open for the party and the stand by line was 20 minutes the time we passed by. Everything was open in Critter Country, NOS, Adventureland and Frontierland when we went through those areas. Buzz, Space and Star Tours were open as well. That's all the touring we had time for since we watched a parade and the fireworks and left by 10pm. I really would have liked to seen BTR and FL. There's always next year.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Friday night's schedule was:
    8:30 Parade
    9:30 Fireworks
    10:30 Parade
    That works out pretty good. ogold should be able to find some place to watch the parade near the hub, and could hang out there til the fireworks start. Last year, I think we skipped the parade and showed up just before the fireworks started. Maybe next year we can make it back down!

Fairest, for your family, did you find the party worth the value?

Blog Entries
    That works out pretty good. ogold should be able to find some place to watch the parade near the hub, and could hang out there til the fireworks start. Last year, I think we skipped the parade and showed up just before the fireworks started. Maybe next year we can make it back down!

Fairest, for your family, did you find the party worth the value?
    He absolutely should be able to.

We thought it was 100% worth the cost, even with leaving early. DH loved the fact that it wasn't too crowded and how accessible they made everything. The kids had lots of fun talking to other kids about their costumes. The boys are still talking about how much fun they had and DH has already committed to going next year even though our "deal" was to go every other year.

Do they supply trick or treat bags at the park or should we bring our own?

Hi-Ho

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Ho View Post
    They supply bags. However, if you are there to do some serious trick or treating you might want to bring a "dump" bag. We left two hours early and our bags were full. DS5, literally, could not have fit one more piece of candy into his bag.

Bring a large Tote bag. Seriously. You will need it!
    Siggy aka Jill

Blog Entries

We usually brought the reusable grocery bags. (Ones like you can find at Disneyland or Target.) If you carry a large one and your son carries the small one given out at the park, you can dump his into yours as it gets full.

Similar to these. http://cdn.s7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/400102077007?$mercdetail$

Blog Entries

I have decided next time I go, I'm going to stick with the bag they hand out or take a small one. (No laughing people!) Last time I enjoyed trick or treating VERY much but no one needs that much candy!

Alsolast year some one helped me carry it but I can't always count on having a helper.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    I have decided next time I go, I'm going to stick with the bag they hand out or take a small one. (No laughing people!) Last time I enjoyed trick or treating VERY much but no one needs that much candy!

Alsolast year some one helped me carry it but I can't always count on having a helper.
    I still can hear "Nothing healthy..."

One more question....do they clear out the park and then re-admit those with Halloween party tickets? How does that work?

Hi-Ho

Blog Entries
    One more question....do they clear out the park and then re-admit those with Halloween party tickets? How does that work?
    No. They start making announcements that those without wristbands need to be out of the park by "xx" time. Then they start checking for wristbands before you can get on rides or get in candy lines as day guests filter out of the park. It's pretty efficient but low key.

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

No, they give out wrist bands to the halloween parties. They will start checking for wristbands when the party officially starts. We have not done the Party at DL for a few years but we just went at WDW and right at 7 all the CM's were checking for wristbands. i'm pretty sure it's the same at DL

Blog Entries

You will be allowed to enter the park 3 hours early (3pm) and will have a wristband on. At 6pm, they will start a slow sweep of the park towards the gate. To get on rides, go through the ToT lines, or purchase anything, you will show your wristband. They will start towards the back of the park and start asking to see wristbands as you go further, and they will move up. As an example, to go from the hub to Fantasyland, they will have a group of CMs on the path asking for wrist bands. Anyone without a wrist band will be told where they can go to get one if they wish to stay, otherwise they will be asked to leave and ushered toward the exit. It has been very effective.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    It has been very effective.
    Sadly, my experience this year was quite the opposite. After hearing complaints from some readers about the number of party crashers at the October 11th event, I decided to repeat my experiment from last year. I had already purchased a ticket for Friday's party, but used my AP to enter the park and did not get a wristband. Not only was I able to walk around the park until 8pm and beyond without being stopped, when I finally decided to go get the wristband so I could join my husband and another friend and just enjoy the rest of the night, I was able to get one without even showing my event ticket.

I think the park is putting more effort into the sweep - I probably would have been stopped at the entrance to Tomorrowland had the two CMs there been paying attention to the crowd instead of the conversation they were having, and I'd already heard that I probably wouldn't be able to get on any rides - but it's all moot when there is no control over wristband distribution. I really hope they revise that system - people paying $60 or more for the party deserve the exclusive experience Disney advertises.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

I attended the Trick or Treat Party on Tuesday of this week,
    The trick or treating this year didn't seem so big. Last year, I came home with over eighteen pounds of candy without having to reenter lines, and without having gone to all the trick or treat stations. This year, I think I ended up with about seven pounds of candy and healthy treats, total, after having been to all of the trick or treat statoins, some of them more than once.

Last year, I wasn't very fond of the fireworks show, but also admitted that I didn't think I was in the best viewing area for it. This year, thanks to my fiance staking out a place for it three and a half hours early, I was right up front and center to see it, and I have to admit that I liked it a lot more.

and learn to get around the fricking strollers that are everywhere.
    I was there Tues also....we came home with 21lbs of candy after removing the craisins and apples and thats once thru most stations as we missed some......I must've been standing next to you for the fireworks but I showed up at exactly 8pm and was front center/right.....with TWO strollers. (Couldn't miss me, I was the only Taco in the park) ...We had plenty of room around us and the DW was even able to bring us a tray of food and drinks @ 9:15.....We had the time of our lives, will definetly do it again next year but without my 2 YR OLD Grandson so there will be 1 less stroller for you to avoid.
    Best Way To Contact Me: onelowsuv@comcast.net