Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Touring Plans predictions

Touring Plans predictions

Hi,

TP has Epcot as a 9.1 on a Saturday and then a 1.7 on the Sunday.

Do you think that would be accurate? Seems like a huge difference between one day.

It also says this: These estimates are only based on wait times. The crowd estimates do NOT factor in the Food & Wine Festival.

thoughts from my Disney experts????

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For starters, and with all due respect, its worthwhile to mention that its somewhat bad netiquette to post specific future crowd calender info from a subscription site, when it is not publicly available for free.

From past experience, there can be big swings in crowds depending on when you go. This is especially the case during things such as the F&W fest, when there are special parties such as MVMCP or when there are other special events going on around property. (ie: Cheer or football competitions, etc.) While certain touring guides may not factor in some of these events, the crowds are impacted by them regardless, especially when they fall on a weekend.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    For starters, and with all due respect, its worthwhile to mention that its somewhat bad netiquette to post specific future crowd calender info from a subscription site, when it is not publicly available for free.

i didnt say if it was this weekend or 8 months from now...
    Last edited by GusMan; 10-20-2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Fixed html code

Actually, in general terms, what GusMan wrote is true. He is a valued member of this community and gives freely of his time and experience in helping others have the very best holiday they can.

There can be many factors in crowd swings, such as popular festivals ending, different holidays, school closures and such.

“When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” - Roy Disney

Quote Originally Posted by fleming View Post

But you did mention F&W so that limits the time frame.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

all i can say is.......sigh.......

Well it is a little difficult to give a more targeted response to such a general question.

There are different crowd predicting sites out there - some are subscription, some are free (easily obtainable by googling something like "free wdw crowd calendar").

Being an experienced WDW traveler, I might check one of the free sites to see if their rationalization of crowd sizes matches up with what I believe it will be. If, like you, I was not experienced at WDW, I might choose a subscription site because the subscription might pay off in dividends in planning.

If you give us a date range, we can tell you, based on our own experiences at WDW, what we believe the crowds will be like. But we aren't able to tell you why a particular site rates one day higher over another, simply because we are not all subscribed to that site.

“When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” - Roy Disney

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, back in September you mentioned that your trip was 55 days away... so that makes your trip happen during the first week of November. Regardless, was trying to help customize my response to your time frame.

Regardless, there are many different private events that happen throughout the year that tend to skew the results of many crowd calenders. Some calenders get changed last minute as new info is processed. For example, when cheer or football teams finally solidify the dates, the calenders are usually updated accordingly. The best thing to do is keep an eye on the TP calender and prepare accordingly. Think of it like watching weather.com as your trip approaches to see what kind a weather to be prepared for.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

unreal....unreal.....

just delete this thread....ridiculous.....

Fleming - maybe there is a large convention in town that ends Saturday? Sunday can be a big travel (home) day, so I would look to see what the next week suggests. Maybe something in town that might have a lot of people going home that Sunday. If the next week is consistently light, that would be my guess.

I'm not a big believer in any of the online touring plans, ride maximizers; etc. My brothers and I have been taking Disney trips since we were little kids, so we just rely on our own observations and experiences. Sometimes, we predict it right, sometimes not. Most of the time, we're pretty accurate, tho. We don't have empirical data to back us up - but this is how I view all the touring websites; etc. They go based on past trends, algorithms and whatnot, but they aren't infallible. You can set yourself up for a false belief as to what you might get when you get there ... and you may just get it, or you may not. I say enjoy the parks the way you want to while you're there. If its unbearably crowded, head to another park. There's always one at WDW that has less of a crowd.

This and all of my posts are in the public domain. I am a lawyer. I am not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

Fleming. For what it's worth I've always found the site you refer to as a great and accurate reference. I once had a query about their info and used their contact us link to ask them. They responded to me, so why don't you try that. It took me a while to grasp forum etiquette. Don't worry, keep posting.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Thanks,

I think the poor etiquette is calling someone out for mentioning 2/365 days of 1/4 parks, without mentioning the actual dates, from a 'subscription' site that charges less than a hamburger at wdw, on a little message board as if its a state secret.

but alas, we carry on...

We are going to be there Nov 2-4 and I checked the predictions early when they were free with the link here. I usually go by the EMHs to choose a park to attend or avoid. Ususally when we have been to WDW in early to middle Nov the crowds aren't bad. But I would not go to Epcot during the Food & Wine on a weekend at all.

Sorry, fleming, but you're wrong here. And GusMan was pretty mild in his attempt to educate you about proper net etiquette. It's a small thing, but for those folks at touringplans.com that depend on subscriptions to pay the bills, it tends to add up after a while. I've made similar mistakes in the past, and have learned from them. Take yer lumps on this one, my friend.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Nope, still going to have to disagree.

Have seen people on this board share discounts for wdw that have nothing to do with them, and arent intended for them. The amounts would be in the 100's, if not the 1000's. For example corporate/group/ discounts or codes.

Still silly IMO. But no biggie, we move on.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fleming, in regards to your original post, I have found that if there is a solid reason why the prediction is high on a certain day, that particular website will post it. I've seen mentions of cheer competitions, holiday parties, etc.

I was also not familiar with your question being bad net etiquette, but we live and learn. I hope that doesn't discourage you from posting here, MP is a great source of information for all things Disney.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have seen people on this board share discounts for wdw that have nothing to do with them, and arent intended for them. The amounts would be in the 100's, if not the 1000's. For example corporate/group/ discounts or codes.
    And if you see things that are posted that are being shared when the original group asked them not to be shared, please use the 'report this post' button (triangle with exclamation point on the bottom of each and every post on MP). Same thing goes for other copyrighted information. MousePad generally takes a pretty strong stance against using other people's property without their permission.
    Cathy

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    And if you see things that are posted that are being shared when the original group asked them not to be shared, please use the 'report this post' button (triangle with exclamation point on the bottom of each and every post on MP). Same thing goes for other copyrighted information. MousePad generally takes a pretty strong stance against using other people's property without their permission.
    I get this now. I wasn't thinking clearly when I read through this thread earlier. Am I correct in saying that that bad net etiquette is to post publicly, information from TP because it is information that must be obtained through a paid subscription? NOT that MP doesn't want mentions or endorsements of TP posted on these boards.

FYI, it generally takes TWO cups of coffee before my brain is functioning properly.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exactly, fairest!
    This is MY take on the MousePad/MousePlanet policies - I'm NOT speaking officially for the site!!!

Cathy

It's one thing to say, for instance, go to mousesavers.com and check out their benefits. It's another to say mousesavers is advertising a 30% discount on a certain hotel. And that's a free site! They specifically ask on their site that people NOT post the info on other sites, which is their right - let people come to their site to see all the stuff available.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    I hope that doesn't discourage you from posting here, MP is a great source of information for all things Disney.
    It does discourage me from posting, and I'm sure many lurkers out there. (which if we are protecting businesses, isn't good for the owners of this site!!) but I know you all aren't like that.

Someone the other day said they made ADR's and aren't even sure if they are going to be at WDW at that time!! not 'fair' and clearly poor etiquette but Its just a little discussion board, don't worry about the little stuff!!

Lets move along.
    Last edited by stan4d_steph; 10-24-2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Touringplans.com is a sponsor of this site, and they have requested that information only available via subscription to their service not be posted publicly.

Please use this thread to discuss personal experiences with predictions versus actual park attendance on your visit, or other opinions on the service without sharing subscription-level content.

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Please use this thread to discuss personal experiences with predictions versus actual park attendance on your visit.
    As a recent TP subscriber, I would be very interested in this. Anyone have any feedback on how accurate predictions have been in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by mxrapu View Post
    As a recent TP subscriber, I would be very interested in this. Anyone have any feedback on how accurate predictions have been in the past?
    They show you how accurate they have been on the subscription part of the site so you can look up the facts.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Thanks! Somehow I had missed that.