Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Pin Trading

Pin Trading

Do CMs still wear lanyards to trade pins?

2. # ADS

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber

yes some do

Setting up camp at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds now sometime in the future
    My Acting website
    My Santa website "It's not the look, it's what is in ones heart, that makes one a Santa"
    My Promotional Marketing website that's were my user name comes

Oh, good. Someone told me that they don't wear them anymore so the only place to pin trade is with the guests, which isn't something that we want to do.

They do, but not all of them. You have to look around. Basically those that are dressed in some kind of costume, ie. a haunted mansion greater, do not usually have them. But others, such as photographers, do. It seemed to me that there were a LOT more CM at WDW wearing lanyards than at DL. However, I was mistaken for a CM at both resorts because of my own lanyard.

Blog Entries

CMs volunteer to wear a lanyard. Attraction CMs are less likely to wear one as they are switching out. But custodians and cashiers are more likely to be wearing them.

Planning 3 trips at once...

I have noticed that more and more of the cast members who trade pins are not wearing the typical around the neck lanyard. I have seen lots of them wearing a belt one that has a rectangle that holds the pins.

They are not as easy to see as the neck ones.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

There is also pin trading between 1:30 and 3:30 in front of the pin store in Frontierland. My friend went yesterday. I did see some cm with lanyards this weekend.

Siggy aka Jill