Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Mobile Internet

Mobile Internet

Does anyone use one of those sticks to get intenet on the road? If so how is the speed? I had trouble with internet speed at the Beach Club and was up for hours doing my work. I amn wondering if it is faster getting a mobile device or stick as tehy call it through my phone provider. Any advice..thanks!

Kathy

Beach Club 16 stays
    Boardwalk 1 Stay
    Yacht Club 1Stay

2. # ADS

For my road job we need constant wifi connection in order to run our card machines. We have one through Verizon. It works EVERYWHERE! We have a few laptops, the card machines, and everyone's phones have to run off of it too if we're in basements or underground theaters, places like that. We have also used it on the beach but not for work! The 4G was no bueno in Hawaii but the Verizon wifi card (stick, whatever) worked like a charm.

With the new free wifi at certain WDW resorts, you might not need it.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Agreed with Steph.
    At the same time, the way I see it with the WiFi devices from cell companies is that they are only good as the signal that you can get. They tend to work rather well when the signal is strong, but worsens quickly when you are not in an optimal area. Due to the fact that sometimes there is a contract needed for a device, I would also not get one unless you really need such service consistently. (Like for work/business, etc.) At the same time, if you are in the market for a new phone, some Droid-powered phones act as WiFi hotspots, eliminating the need for a separate device.

Wired hotel access can be very good but at times you have to change network settings on your laptop a bit to get good quality service. In most cases, the Auto setting works, but at times you have to set it manually for best consistency. At Disney, never had a problem with the wired service.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!