Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Any Tablets have Word?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

Any Tablets have Word?

I currently take a mini-laptop (Dell) when I travel because I need the ability to use Word for documents. Even though the mini-laptop is lighter than a traditional laptop I would LOVE to have a tablet sized machine (I already use a lightweight portable keyboard with it). I was looking at a friend's iPad the other day but it didn't appear to support Word. Are there any tablets that support Word? I was looking at the Amazon Kindle Fire that is soon being released but can't find if it supports it either.

Thanks for any advice.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Does it have to be word or can it be any word processing program? Google-Docs does a good job with word processing for basic needs. I believe apple has ipages which can convert files to/from word documents. I don't know what android supports, but I would assume that they also have apps that can do word documents.

I would at least look into ipages before I gave up on the ipad completely.

Blog Entries

Toocherie, it does not support Word! That is not how it works!

You can buy an app for it that lets you open up and work on Excel and Word documents and save them back into a format you can use in those applications on your regular computer. You can also create new documents and save them in those formats or as PDF's. I use QuickOffice Pro and am happy enough with it for small documents; I don't know how well it would work for heavily formatted documents. (It does other things, too, including file management, but that is not my area of expertise.)

I use it with this keyboard, since extended typing on an iPad isn't all that feasible.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

Any tablet that includes QuickOffice (most of them) should be able to open, edit and save Office documents.

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

Documents To Go also does a pretty good job and is available for both iOS and Android.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

You can get the Pages App for iPad and use it to open, edit and save documents in Word format. It is probably the most productive app I have on my ipad. There are other apps like QuickOffice that Andrew mentioned that support word editing, but I haven't used them.

MouseAdventure Luau - Ladies & The Tramp - 6th Place
    MouseAdventure Zone - The Squirrel Squad - 5th Place
    MouseAdventure Card Games - The Squirrel Squad - 7th Place