Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fantasyland Status? When in 2012?

The first phase of the expansion opened this week. You can now ride Dumbo and Goofy's Barnstormer, and get off the train at the new Fantasyland station.

2. # ADS

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is GREAT news!!!! Can't wait to hear any feedback from recent visitors who had the chance to experience the updated area at the new Fantasyland station.

Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by ourtrip View Post
    the crowds during a couple of trips during the easter break were intense, a lot of people everywhere. i know it's wdw and during a "vacation" window you need to expect the worst, but two easter trips was enough for us.
    Gulp! I'm at the mercy of my daughters spring break and a business trip that DH is on during our next vacation. I'm interested to see how the new FP enforcements make or break our daily plans. Worst case scenario if the parks are unbearable we will enjoy the resort pools!

I'm excited to see the new FL improvements.

I'm hoping to get some photos when I'm down there next week. Here's one of my favorites from those that braved the opening day crowds on Tuesday.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do they have both Dumbos open - or just one? I'm REALLY curious as to how the fastpass that's not a fastpass will work when they have the double-Dumbo configuration (or before, if they're using it before)!

Cathy

Everything I've read says that only one of the Dumbos is open currently.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    Gulp! I'm at the mercy of my daughters spring break and a business trip that DH is on during our next vacation. I'm interested to see how the new FP enforcements make or break our daily plans. Worst case scenario if the parks are unbearable we will enjoy the resort pools!

I'm excited to see the new FL improvements.
    You will be fine We have done Easter. Just be sure to make it to the parks before rope drop and take a mid day break. We can only do very busy times and I don't think it matters when you go if you get up early and follow a touring plan. Sleepy heads are your friends!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

The update from this week has new pics. I LOVE the new water feature underneath Dumbo! VERY cool. What's with Goofy's new rollercoaster name....REALLY? How about something a little longer!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Here's a link to the section of the update with photos. The area is really nice, and I can't wait until the walls are down and it's all complete! The train station is gorgeous.

Oh thanks! I forgot to link the photos! Oops.....

Oh pleeeeease let more be finished by August I can't wait to see it all!!!!!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I just need to know.....is there anyone out there who feels it would have been more effective/more beautiful/cooler if the double Dumbos had opened together?

Maybe, but with the high spring breakers there, I figure they made the decision to get at least one Dumbo up and running....

Just read the below on AllEars.net

Meg Crofton, President of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations for U.S. and France, announced opening dates today, April 27, for several attractions in the Magic Kingdom's New Fantasyland project.

-- The second half of the Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction will open in July 2012, along with the Casey Jr. Splash n Soak Station.

-- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Gastons Tavern, and Ariels Grotto will open this fall, in time for the holidays.

-- The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will debut in 2014.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/...ing_dates.html

I'm a bit surprised that The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train won't be open until 2014. But that just means got to book another trip!

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

I guess by "holidays" they mean Christmas rather than Halloween...

Check out today's WDW Resort Update on MousePlanet for information on the opening dates and more photos of the Fantasyland construction. Mark will be reporting more of what he learned from the Summer to Remember media event in the coming weeks.