Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Walt Disney World Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Walt Disney World Resort Update

Walt Disney World Resort Update by Mark Goldhaber
    September 12 - 18, 2011
    Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom confirmed for early next year | Walt Disney World Moms Panel applications open today | Characters take over lunch at Tusker House | Adventures By Disney adds new destinations, itineraries for 2012 | and more.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Its Tough To Be a Bug is not closed, was there enjoying it with my wife last week.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When Tusker House adds characters to lunch, will the price increase? Will it then be more expensive than dinner?

I didn't realize that the Mom's Panel was paid - I thought they were just 'paid' with their initial orientation trip. But anyone interested in applying, in the past they've closed the application window early after they had 'enough' applications. So don't procrastinate to the end, you might just miss out!!!

Baby Jabali is very cute and so very small next to his Momma!

Cathy

The Magic Kingdom also had a very moving Flag Retreat ceremony on 9/11. The voices of Liberty and the Magic Kingdom's Philharmagic performed and were joined by a Naval Color Guard. I was in the square so I am not certain if the Main Street shops closed but during the moment of silence it seemed the entire park went silent. I have never heard the MK so quiet.

Here is a two part You Tube clip if anyone is interested in watching it.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8X1D...eature=related

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCQXc...eature=related

As a bonus you can see me watching the ceremony when they focus on the band. I'm wearing a blue shirt with my arms crossed in respect holding my hat which I removed for the ceremony. This was a very moving ceremony and brought me to tears on a few occasions as I struggled with my emotions that day.

"They must be putting something in the water," Springsteen said during the encore, "because Greensboro is consistently one of the best audiences in the United States. But I don't know why! Why?! Damn!" - Bruce Springsteen May 2, 2009 Greensboro, NC