Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Fastpass Window Enforced?

I felt bad for the CM there. We did make them uncomfortable by making fun of them all through the line, however, so there is that.

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

2. # ADS

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar
    That warms my heart......
    Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    A reasonable delay is if your FP was from noon to 1pm, and you show up at 1:30pm saying that your lunch ran long. An unreasonable delay is when you have the same FP and show up at 10pm expecting to use it.
    If you have one second of leeway there will be additional conflicts. As a former Disneyland attractions host, I know that if just 1 out of 100 people are awful or "having a bad day," a cast member can then have a challenging day too. If people are already in line to show their Fastpasses, OK, but there will still be some heated disputes. The upside is that this will lead to some hilarious Youtube videos.
    (I once had a foreign man make a scene because I wouldn't accept his cash bribe to let his family get in life for the Submarine Voyage after it closed. Yes, he was wearing a Fez hat.)

Maybe the window should be changed from one hour to 90 minutes. And I like the idea of having Fastpass end 90 minutes or (on nights when a park is open late) two hours before the park closes.

Dan--wearing your
    "Don't mess with Texas!" T-shirt won't transform you into a human Fastpass. Chuck Norris is the only human who actually is a Fastpass. (It also admits up to 99 of his friends, not that anyone has ever dared to count.)

Tom Sinsky

We used to get the groups of foreigners at 20K who insisted on getting into the submarine together, even though there were only 20 seats per side and some sat on the stairs with no viewport to look out of...

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20

On Friday, I was at DHS and after I got back from the coast yesterday, I was at Epcot.

It is my impression - and I do mean, my impression and my opinion - both at DHS and Epcot - that Disney is handing out fewer FP's per hour. Also, in lines like Test Track, which has single riders, as well as FP and standby lines, there appeared to be almost a priority given to the standby line, with FP and single rider lines being giving secondary consideration (not that I disagree with this, by any means). For example, the single rider line was shown as a 10 minute wait outside, but there was -- as usual - no wait at all.

“When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” - Roy Disney

I would not be surprised if there is a temporary decrease in the amount of fast passes given out – it makes sense. With less Fast Passes there will be fewer people complaining about the change in policy. Then when the word gets out about enforcement and people become more familiar with it, they will increase the Fast Passes given out to normal

Michael and Kellis August 2016 Trip with 25 Friends and family
    http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?234828
    Common Walt Disney World Wild Birds http://bochnik.com/disneybirds/disneybirds.htm
    Our other Disney Trips (including our Disneymoon): Kelli and Mike's Adventures http://www.bochnik.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Barberella View Post
    On Friday, I was at DHS and after I got back from the coast yesterday, I was at Epcot.

It is my impression - and I do mean, my impression and my opinion - both at DHS and Epcot - that Disney is handing out fewer FP's per hour. Also, in lines like Test Track, which has single riders, as well as FP and standby lines, there appeared to be almost a priority given to the standby line, with FP and single rider lines being giving secondary consideration (not that I disagree with this, by any means). For example, the single rider line was shown as a 10 minute wait outside, but there was -- as usual - no wait at all.
    Well as far as the posted wait time goes, that always happens at Disneyland. I joke with my family all the time that the posted wait time is just how long it takes to walk through the line - especially at Indy which, if you've never been, has what feels like a mile long line. There was one time I went to go on Pirates and the time posted out front said 10 minutes and we were the only ones in the queue at all (at Disneyland, you can pretty much see the entire queue until you're pretty close to the station). We felt like we were walking onto a broken down ride. During the ride, we never even saw another person. All the boats ahead and behind us were empty. No way there was a 10 minute wait, but it said there was! I'm sure Disney just does that so people won't complain and say "you said there was no wait and I had to wait a few minutes!" Just a way for them to prevent confrontation due to unexpected delays.

As far as priority, I'm sure it has a lot to do with ratios. At Space Mountain at Disneyland, when just my family of four walks up in the FP line, we always get sent on ahead. But, if there's another group or two behind us, we get held up and some standby people get let through first. It's understandable if that's the case since otherwise, the standby wait times would be too inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by bochnikm View Post
    I would not be surprised if there is a temporary decrease in the amount of fast passes given out – it makes sense. With less Fast Passes there will be fewer people complaining about the change in policy. Then when the word gets out about enforcement and people become more familiar with it, they will increase the Fast Passes given out to normal
    I've been several times over the past year - every few months. Enough to believe that there has been some sort of advance fine tuning with the FP's - likely in advance of tomorrow's anticipated FP return time window enforcement.

I'll be going to a park tomorrow and might post on the FP situation...
    “When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” - Roy Disney

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Been seeing several tweets today showing verbiage in the guide maps to use FP's during the time on the ticket. Also, signs all around at the attractions requesting people to return during the time published on the ticket.

Im sure the Disney related tweets are going to start trending....

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

I think I actually got a picture of the inside of a FP machine a couple of weeks ago when we were there at Splash. Need to go through my pics...

Blog Entries

Another board has posted an image of the new fastpasses.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Well, it is certainly spelled out in black and white!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

I still think the window should be longer if they are going to enforce the return times, but perhaps I am simply spoiled from being able to ignore them for so long.

This does meet my criteria of clearly communicated. Now to see if it is consistently enforced.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's really good to see the language, Malcon10t - but given how many people have no clue that they have on them when you can get another FP, I'm not sure how well this will prevent attempts to use late.

At least Disney is doing what they can to advertise the change.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    That's really good to see the language, Malcon10t - but given how many people have no clue that they have on them when you can get another FP, I'm not sure how well this will prevent attempts to use late.

At least Disney is doing what they can to advertise the change.
    I agree. And no matter what Disney does, you know there will always been the person who just flat out ignores it or doesn't care. I hope Disney has security at each FP line so that the attraction CMs don't have to deal with the guests all by themselves!

Oh, and on a side note....I prefer the design of the DL FP tickets :P The WDW ones just look so bland.

^Yes that's the language on the FP. They also have signs on the FP machines with similar language.

I also tested the "5 minutes early is ok" leeway by showing my FP to the CM 4 minutes before my FP window and saying that I was a few minutes early, but was I close enough? Yep, close enough, he said and he let me in the FP line.

IMO this change had - and will have - an impact on the way experienced WDW guests tour. I stood in a couple of standby lines today and used my knowledge of what attractions are fast loaders (For example I haven't been on PotC for awhile...)

(sent this from MCO)

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

OK, so they're enforcing the return times now. But Disney still can't spell. Or invest in a spell-checker.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    OK, so they're enforcing the return times now. But Disney still can't spell. Or invest in a spell-checker.
    I know, lol, how did that slip through? I mean, threw...

From the company that was "Lightyear's Above The Rest"!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I thought of you when I saw that...
    Planning 3 trips at once...

The sign on the FP machines says "Please return within the one hour window printed on your Disney Fastpass ticket"

But what on earth do they intend to do if the ride goes down for a while and people therefore miss their windows??

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

This question keeps coming up, and to me it's the easiest one to deal with. The CM who stands outside the ride and tells people that the ride is currently down will have a stack of FPs good for any time later in the day. And they'll simply trade these for a guest's valid FP.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And that works, Dan, unless you happen to be on the other side of the park and are walking towards your FP attraction, and note on of the status boards that it's down. Do you have to keep going to that attraction to get the replacement, even if you know it's down?

Think about watching the Jammitors in the area between MouseGears and Mission:Space before you go to Soarin' - and you can see right there that it's down - do you have to go all the way inside the Land to Soarin' to get your replacement (and that bottleneck of escalator/stairs/fun)?

Or watching the Parade on Main Street, with a FP for Space and see that it's down, so you want to ride Splash standby instead. I'm not really going to be happy criss-crossing the park THAT much (since I've already done it to some extent to GET the FP. If you have FP for Splash and decide to go to BTMRR instead, that's not a big deal to switch your FP out, but if I've already ridden BTMRR 3 times that trip and just want to ride Splash - I'm not going to want to go back there if I already know the attraction is down. Heck, I can see myself if Splash is down well before I get to the FP entrance, though I may not know 'how down' it is just based on if there are any logs going down the big drop.

Cathy

It's really not a discussion point because one of the core concepts of exceptional customer (guest) service is that if it's not a problem of the guests doing, then service recovery must be exemplary. Even if something happens and the guest is partially - or wholly - at fault (junior drops ice cream on the ground) then it is good service recovery to do whatever can be done (CM's give junior another ice cream at no charge)

Thus, if you notice a board that says the ride is down during your FP window, note the time and hang onto the FP. Later show up and explain to the CM that you would have been there at the FP window, but the status board showed it was down. Since you are obviously able to produce a FP, plus have knowledge of the time frame the ride was down (either by showing up at the attraction or seeing it on the board) your FP should be honored.