Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Podcast Show Notes: Update It! Replace It! Change It Back!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Podcast Show Notes: Update It! Replace It! Change It Back!

Update It! Replace It! Change It Back! by MouseStation Crew
    MouseStation Episode 433
    Mike and Mark talk about rides that need updating or replacing, or should be changed back to what they were before an update or replacement.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

As I emailed in, for the love of all things holy, please bring back the Dreamfinder!

Mar 99 - Honeymoon off site WDW, Mar 02 - Port Orleans WDW, Mar 04 - Off site WDW, Jun 05 - Off site DL, Dec 05 - Off site WDW, Mar 06 - Contemporary / Wilderness Lodge WDW, Mar 07 - Off site WDW, Mar 08 - Off site WDW, Mar 09 - All Stars Sports WDW, Mar 10 - Off site WDW, Mar 11 - Coronado Springs WDW

This is another great show topic, and I hope you continue on with this theme. I generally agreed with your assessments on this show, so I won't go into too much detail. The big ones for me that I think need replacement/updating are Stitch's Great Escape (Lilo & Stitch is one of my favorite post 2000 Disney movies but the attraction doesn't even begin to do the film justice); Laugh Floor is fun, but it seems like there's something more worthwhile they could do with that space; and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, it's a very good attraction, but I think it's vastly inferior to the Disneyland version, and I'd love to see them update it with that level of polish and charm (like I've mentioned before, I think it didn't help Imagineering that Space Ranger Spin opened just before Pixar dropped Toy Story 2 in the shredder and started over from scratch, where Astro Blasters opened a few years after the film was released). There's a few other little tweaks here and there that I think would improve the park, but that's my top three.

I hope you guys continue on with this topic, and I'd especially love to hear your opinion on the changes that have been made at the Disneyland Resort.

I also agree that this was another great show topic. Did I miss it when you discussed Mr. Toads wild ride being changed to The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh? I meant to go back and re-listen but have not had a chance.

Thank you for this great Pod Cast. I am a former Cast Member and I now currently reside in Branson Missouri. I enjoy hearing updates on the parks and the Banter between you guys. Keep up the good work!

I'm behind in my podcast listening, but I can tell you right now what I think needs to be updated: The Great Movie Ride.

There are a bunch of great parts to it, but a few that just seem to ruin it for me. Also, the ride hasn't been updated since it was released, so it simply isn't fresh to me anymore. I feel like the train gets robbed bit is just kitschy- if the idea is to make you oooh and aaah about the history of Hollywood, why distract you with the wierd plot. During the greenhouse boat ride at The Land in Epcot you don't get hijacked by a locust or anything. Just make it a "star tour" type thing- where you go through the different eras and genres as the guide brings you through- then you get an animatronic reproduciton of a famous scene (Casablanca, Singin in the Rain, etc). Lastly, when you get to the end and the 3 minute movie montage- lengthen that by a couple of minutes and bring some more recent movies (anything from the 90's onward) so that people under the age of 30 recognize something they actually saw in theaters.