Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

CHOC Walk 2011 - Sunday, October 16, 2011

Team MousePlanet is back for our fourth year! In 2010 seventy-four members of Team MousePlanet jointly raised $11,626.40 for Children's Hospital Orange County. We'd love to beat that record for 2011, and you can help:

• Walk with Team MousePlanet register to walk with us at the October 16 event, and earn prizes as you meet your fundraising goals. Team MousePlanet Walkers who raise at least $50 (the minimum entry fee for the walk) by October 14 receive a VERY SPECIAL Team MousePlanet ear hat as a thank you for their participation, and are eligible for additional prizes from Walk sponsors.
    • Raise money with Team MousePlanet register as a "Sleeping Bear," (someone who is raising money, but cannot attend the Walk in person), and earn prizes as you meet your fundraising goals.
    • Sponsor a specific Team MousePlanet walker sponsor a Team MousePlanet walker, and help them earn prizes.

For more information, to register or to donate, visit our CHOC Walk website: http://www.chocwalk.net/mouseplanet

There is NO FEE to sign up this year, you just have to raise $50 by the day of the Walk. Come join us!

Adrienne
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

I'm in for my fourth year! Who's going to join us?

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~~Marcus Aurelius

My husband and I walking for the first time. We are really looking forward to it. Any tips for some newbies???

Quote Originally Posted by lismariewilson View Post
    My husband and I walking for the first time. We are really looking forward to it. Any tips for some newbies???
    Just relax and enjoy! This is not a power walk by any means.
    Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~~Marcus Aurelius

We'll be there. My son is a CHOC patient so we'll be walking under Team Jake.

Can anyone give me info as to where everyone walks during CHOC walk. This will be our first full day in the parks and was just wondering what to expect....

Best Way To Contact Me: onelowsuv@comcast.net

I am participating the second year in a row on Team Alex, in memory of an old high school friend's grandson, Alex. (I'm the one in the scooter)

Last edited by SigalTchelet; 09-06-2011 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Adding photo
    Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by TIMBO View Post
    Can anyone give me info as to where everyone walks during CHOC walk. This will be our first full day in the parks and was just wondering what to expect....
    We walk through both parks and end up in Downtown Disney. The walk ends before the parks open.
    Siggy aka Jill

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    We start on Main Street and essentially just wander around the parks. There are points where we go backstage (I remember going back behind Main Street on the Tomorrowland side before, but I can't remember where else because I get my marathon and CHOC memories mixed up sometimes.) Eventually we cross the esplanade over to DCA and around there for awhile before coming out of DCA by Soarin, into Downtown Disney.

Does that help? There's no street time, it's all on property.
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    We start on Main Street and essentially just wander around the parks.
    OK, here's a really dumb question. What's the amount of time in which you'd need to finish the walk?
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    OK, here's a really dumb question. What's the amount of time in which you'd need to finish the walk?
    Not dumb at all. You have 90 minutes from the start (7am) to make it into DCA. At 8am, they close the Disneyland gates, and anyone just arriving has to start in DCA. At 8:30, they close the DCA gates, and anyone who has not yet made it to DCA is "swept" to Downtown Disney.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a 5K (just over 3 miles), and each person has to earn at least $50 - so you can get an early start in the morning (even if not on attractions) and meet some MousePadders AND do someting good!

Just had to throw that out there in case you were considering that!
    Cathy