Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Espresso/coffee?

Espresso/coffee?

I saw the post about the best hot chocolate and now I'd like everyone's opinion as to where in the park(s) I can get a good latte? I will likely need a couple a day to keep me fueled with the sweet nectar of life.

I am from the Portland area after all and will be traveling with family from Seattle.

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

There is an espresso cart at the hub on the Frontierland side.

There used to be an espresso cart on the bridge coming from Paradise Pier (near Ariels) to the San Francisco street--but it was gone on Saturday and replaced with just a plain coffee/hot chocolate cart. Don't know if the espresso machine was moved--we didn't see it if it was.

Otherwise, one of the hotel restaurants might be your best bet.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I try NOT to drink the coffee at DL.....

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

The haggen daz store in DtD is our prefered coffee spot at DL. We think the bakery on main street is pretty good for coffee too. You can also get lattes and mochas at bakersfield bakery in DCA.

The Blue Ribbon Bakery has espresso drinks that aren't too bad. They also serve them at the Carnation Cafe in a big coffee mug. You can also buy them in NOS but I don't remember the name of the place off the top of my head but it's right around the corner from Pirate of the Caribbean. At DCA you can buy them at the Baker's Field Bakery.

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

Haagen Dazs and La Brea Bakery in Downtown Disney do espresso drinks. Haagen Dazs is actually Peets Coffee! Ralph Brennan's Express has their chicory coffee, which is a like it or hate it taste, but worth a try.

Inside the parks, the cappuccino cart in the Hub has already been mentioned. It's usually incredibly slow but with the current construction walls it seems less busy; perhaps guests don't realize it's open. In New Orleans Square, the Royal Street Veranda and Mint Julep Bar both serve espresso drinks, and the Mint Julep Bar also has a small selection of pastries. On Main Street, the Blue Ribbon Bakery has a large selection of espresso drinks and pastry, but usually a long line. I don't know of anywhere else in Disneyland.

In DCA, things are changing constantly with all the construction. Baker's Field Bakery serves espresso drinks, pastries and sandwiches. At least for now.

All three of the Disneyland Resort hotels have locations selling coffee drinks. The Grand Californian, closest to the parks, has the Hearthstone Lounge which serves lovely beverages (including coffee drinks) and a light bar menu.

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

Hagen Dazs is my vote

Hagen Dazs has PEETS! That is how I survive at Disnelyand. I wish Disneyland carried PEETS as its coffee throughout the parks. Starbucks will probably go in and I like all their coffees except the one they sell to other companies. (it's the same one they ALWAYS brew. Just not my cup of tea. Oh dear. Tea? Coffee? Sanka? I must be mad.

The best coffee in the park is the cart on the fronteirland side. Otherwise I would suggest not getting a flavored latte because they are so sweet.

Pack some Via.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Pack some Via.
    Great idea!

I just had my first taste of DL coffee. It was THE WORST coffee I have ever had. it was from the Markethouse. Since i paid about $3, I got excited when they told me they do free refills. But NO way I was going back for a other one. Very very disappointed.

Free refills!!!! I didn't know that!

Disneyland ~ Forever Close To My Heart ~

Quote Originally Posted by coronado_g View Post
    Free refills!!!! I didn't know that!
    But it tasted like water with cream and suger

FWIW this thread shouldn't have had "espresso" in the title. Though a latte starts with espresso the addition of milk can cover up flaws in the espresso. There is no good espresso anywhere near Disneyland that I know of and of course Starbucks', Peet's and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's are retched.

Nescafe is truly a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Nescafe is truly a crime.
    I have it at home and its good. Idk what they do with at at DLR...

Compass books & Cafe by DLH sells specialty coffees and teas. I drink regular coffee and liked it a lot. I like strong coffee....no weak stuff for me. They also have Krispy creme's if you are there first thing in the morning(at least they did a year ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Susie63 View Post
    Compass books & Cafe by DLH sells specialty coffees and teas. I drink regular coffee and liked it a lot. I like strong coffee....no weak stuff for me. They also have Krispy creme's if you are there first thing in the morning(at least they did a year ago)
    Coffee, Tea if its not strong its just colored water. Oooo Krispy Creme. They went under in the Sacramento market. I could use a yummy devil's food right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerlady16 View Post
    Great idea!

I just had my first taste of DL coffee. It was THE WORST coffee I have ever had. it was from the Markethouse. Since i paid about $3, I got excited when they told me they do free refills. But NO way I was going back for a other one. Very very disappointed.
    I do try....I really do try....not to say anything bad about Disneyland...but soccerlady....you are so very right. I kept my receipt also and went back to get another cup and thought to myself; "Why?" I am surprised that someone hasn't swooped in and taken over the coffee market in DLR. Ah well, they must be mad....oh wait...I must be mad....three days slow!

Great Coffee at the DLR?

We will be vacationing at the DLR at the end of August. We are shocked that both the Blue Ribbon Bakery and Baker's Field Bakery will be closed. Where in the parks will we be able to locate a great cuppa joe? Or specialty coffee?

My sister's list for coffee at the DLR is: Market House on Main Street, Coffee cart by the hub, coffee cart by the Paradise Pier bridge in DCA, La Brea Bakery (cart or quick-service line) in DTD, and lastly -- VIA packets from Starbucks to carry in her purse (since hot water is available throughout the parks). I'm sure other people can add to this list, but I hope this is helpful in getting you started.

Haagen Dazs serves Peet's coffee. That's my usual choice if I'm back in Downtown Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Haagen Dazs serves Peet's coffee. That's my usual choice if I'm back in Downtown Disney.
    This, or I go without (or VIA, Costco carries it)

Here & There

I second Compass bookstore and cafe.

kimsews, I am from Oregon also, Corvallis/Albany area. You are likely to be very disappointed with the coffee in DL. In my family there is a split in opinions. About half swear by the Blue Ribbon and the rest say that the Market House has better coffee. They both taste the same to me. There is a big advantage to getting coffee from Market House. Keep your receipt and you can go back later that same day and additional cups of coffee by simply showing the receipt. So value wise, Market House wins with me. Taste wise, don't have high expectations.

Enjoying every moment with Caleb... poohpal's Avatar

Sorry, rarely get a chance to post but I had to chime in. I'm such an addict that I started bringing Via right when it came out. The first time I tried ordering milk with vanilla shots was priceless.

Me: I'd like a milk with three shots of vanilla in it, please.
    Patient CM: We actually have chocolate milk.
    Me: No, I know that, I just need it for my coffee.
    CM: We have coffee.
    Me: I know, but I don't like your coffee so I bring my own (showing Via packet).
    CM: Oookkk, so just milk with vanilla?
    Me: Yes, please.
    CM: Sooo, where do you want the shots?

CM was a really sweet girl but she couldn't quite wrap her head around my unusual request. Felt bad that I'd asked, that was until I took my first sip! Figured out the hard way I needed to make my concoction out of sight, had 2 people come up and ask me where I got the Via!

I'm wiser now. We're on our way down to DL right now and packed safely behind my seat is vanilla syrup, 2 throw away cups and my via. All I need is milk from our continental breakfast and I'm set for this weekend. Even inspired our neighborhood Starbucks' mgr to do it on his last trip to DL! Told you I was addict.

Sandi