Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Hotels w/availability this weekend(7/30-31), but not Monday(8/1)...what's going on???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hotels w/availability this weekend(7/30-31), but not Monday(8/1)...what's going on???

We decided to plan an last minute trip this weekend so I was checking different hotels and Monday (Aug 1st) seems to be booked while this weekend (July 30 and 31st)is open so I was wondering if something is big is going on this weekend or is it just a coincidence (sp?) that places are booked on Monday, but not over this weekend? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
    We decided to plan an last minute trip this weekend so I was checking different hotels and Monday (Aug 1st) seems to be booked while this weekend (July 30 and 31st)is open so I was wondering if something is big is going on this weekend or is it just a coincidence (sp?) that places are booked on Monday, but not over this weekend? Thanks
    Using Expedia, I am seeing that the Fairfield, Anaheim Plaza, Tropicana, Camelot, adn Carousel all have availability. What are you seeing?
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Well I checked Park Vue and they were booked for Monday so I checked with Hojo's and was told that they were very low on rooms for Monday and only had a few facing the highway. I went ahead and made the reservation so hopefully the highway won't be too bad.

1st Monday in August (this year is 1 August) is a holiday in many provinces in Canada. Maybe it is all us Canadians flocking down to Disneyland?

Not me of course - I am coming the week after

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

is there a certain area or only certain ones you are looking for? My favorite the Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites is open during that time frame.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

Blog Entries

I was just booking a trip for my brother at the Hilton and also looked at the Doubletree and Sheratons and all were open.

Planning 3 trips at once...